USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
In recent years I have taken an extra interest in things like God's Providence. If you look back on your life you can sometimes see the hand of God at work, setting up things you will need before you need them, or just as you need them.

Pavel,

I do it often as part of my discernment. I’ve been able to detect a steady record of events and experiences which confirm my purpose and interests. The majority began in childhood. Looking back enables me to see God’s handiwork and provides a reminder for moments when life appears still. I know He’s working even if the changes haven’t come forth.

But when I was born I was healthy, and had not sign of it, or any damage from having had it. I also was born with a kind of resistance to Chicken pox and Shingles where I can get it but it doesn't really affect me.

That’s incredible. Did your parents mention why they didn’t share it with others?

So they got their stolen car back in record time. But did not make the divine intervention connection, till I pointed things out with them, when I heard the story for the first time this last April...

Some see supernatural activity in every event and others are slow to do the same.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
hat’s incredible. Did your parents mention why they didn’t share it with others?

I'm sure they mentioned it to people, but it didn't get tagged in their brain as something special, other than maybe something like "we got lucky" or something like that. At least that would fit the way my mom seemed to operate.

I think my dad had a vague sense of things like Divine intervention since he was grade school kid during World War living originally in Nazi occupied Czechoslovakia, and later Germany, went through allied carpet bombings, while also being separated from his father in the aftermath of his mother dying a year or two before hand. So he sometimes stayed at orphanages and social care facilities that the German government set up for such kids. One time one of those facilities was bombed because it was in Berchtesgaden maybe two kilometers from where Hitler was hiding out on one occasion.

And he had other things going on in his youth. My grand pa almost being killed by communist partisans on two occasions (for being a middle class land owner and volunteer constable). My dad and his brother and sister having to beg for food to survive at different times when they were seperated from their father. And other things like having to cross land mine fields to go to school, and sometimes having to dodge snipers etc. Not to mention they had a bad habit of wanting to play with some of the discarded weapons etc. that they found lieing around after D Day and the American occupation.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Last edited:
Upvote 0

KathyKat

Oct 5, 2020
Reno, NV
✟15,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Love and be slow to judge! All of us imperfect children of God in some way, all of us sinners but all of us gain redemption day by day through our faith and our love and assistance for each other. The Good News of the Gospels has many elements, but the big things are fairly simply to grasp!

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
BEST advice? Not really sure on the BEST...

Perhaps a good perspective might be in merging what Apostle Paul preached along with what James (Jacob) have to say about matters of faith. For example, when James says, "Can that [faith without works] faith save him" I take this to mean that it is God's ultimate goal for our faith to not be shallow, but by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that we might demonstrate our faith tangibly to others.

In my view, it cannot be ignored what Jesus said about the Great Commission. We are to evangelize the lost. This is a command from none other than Christ, the God-man Himself. He says in Matthew 28:19, 20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

This is a three fold command. Make disciples, baptise them, teach them. I do not believe it is simply a matter of clergy to reach the lost. We all must play a role in representing our faith. An illustration I would like to use here for simplicity is this: I like Christian Metal music. One day, when I was wearing a Christian band shirt, which I do pretty much every day, I was at the gas station in line to buy something. While I was standing there, someone asked me about my shirt stating, "what does your shirt mean to you?" Since it was a Christian shirt, I took this as an opportunity to share my faith with this person, a complete stranger. More to the point, I believe that we are all called to tell people about our faith at some point in our lives. If you find yourself in a position where you are explicitly asked about your belief and you do not tell them that you are a Christian, you will never do so. When an opportunity presents itself and falls right in you lap and you do not share your faith, you do both yourself and God a great disservice. So my advice is this: when the opportunity arises to share your beliefs, be vigilant, be brave, and tell them "The hope that is within you" (1Peter 3:15).

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought I would have a thread based on the best Christian advice you have heard, read, personally received etc. Ideally speaking it would be something universal or could help anyone, or any Christian. But if not, if it is specific maybe some advice in an area that you tend to give out a lot etc.

On the internet, I try to give out "original content" as far as my own thoughts, writings etc. But I have struggled with some issues, and got helped by these 2 sermons especially and William Lane Craig essay/ speech on Failure is especially good; because, that is an issue that really is not talked about and their can be lots of anguish etc. over that.

1) "Finding the Strength to Go ON"

2) "You Forgive You Must Forget"

3) William Lane Craig, Failure
Failure | Reasonable Faith

4) Phillip Yancey's book "Disappointment with God" another good one for folks with depression, questions and frustrations with theodicy.
https://www.amazon.com/Disappointment-God-Three-Questions-Aloud/dp/031021436X

Well there are some other good ones, I've read on other topics like doing ministry, finding God's will for your life etc., but maybe I save that for another thread.....

Anyway feel free to chime in with your best advice, YouTube advice sermons, books links and what have you..... May the Lord Bless you and Keep You!
Proverbs is a good start, as are the Psalms, Gospels, and the words of the prophets.

Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Love thy neighbor as thy self. Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

Proverbs 3:5-7
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True story...

After realizing God was calling me to ministry:

Me: I feel called to preach.
My Pastor: Run!

Ol'e Marv had his ways about him and I'm sure was being facetious. But after reflecting upon what he said I got this nuggest of advice from Holy Spirit: Make sure it's of God. If it is then it'll be like Jeremiah's fire in his bones that he can't contain. If it's not then the persuasion will dim and fade away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heard another one on here at CF last night that I thought was brilliant too. It was pertaining to finding a wife/husband.

I find it really interesting that you brought up this point in particular. I once heard it said, "Run as fast as you can towards Jesus, and if you see someone running next to you, introduce yourself."

Thanks for posting!

• Friendly
Reactions: Micah Bremer
Upvote 0