Visit site
✟15,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just wondering there is any christians out there that watch ghost hunters weds nights on sci-fi. I do and I'm a huge fan of it, even do that stuff myself, it's pretty fun and interesting. So I'm seeingif any one else watches this show, and what not. Blessings! :)

Also I ask if you don't like it, or don't believe or agree with this stuff, please do not point fingers etc please.:)

Oh if you like the show do share why you like it, fav episodes etc :)

Oct 23, 2008
✟7,611.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I too am a fan of the TAPS team - aka "Ghost Hunters" - they are the premiere team of investigators in this field. What evidences or proofs they bring to the table can only give us, as Christians, more to research and study. Those that question the "other side" or doubt the existence of the supernatural or paranormal phenomena give us Christian ghost researchers good room to provide evidence. I think it allows discussion, and opens closed minds of skeptics to a world beyond the physical and what is termed only by naturalistic explanations.
Being a Biblically orthodox evangelical Christian, it is my aim to further this study and research with the aims of investigating and debunking invalid claims; to document activity, experiences, and historical cases, thereby confronting those who seek out what is wrong by giving light to the darkness.

Upvote 0

Christianmusicroo

Be Strong and Have Streangth You're One Of a Kind
Oct 20, 2008
Colorado Springs Colorado
Visit site
✟15,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Gina you couldn't have said that better then myself that is why I am out there in the field. I pretty much do what TAPS does go and investigate, try to debunk, document, etc and help the people out which is the most important thing. I myself have experienced things since I was a little girl that has me scratching my head, why I also in the field in hope to one day to find an answer to what may or may not have happened to me.

I myself got disowned by a church for my beliefs in the paranormal many Christian's believe that it is demonic, the devils work etc, when reality it is not, the chances of a "haunting" being demonic is 2% according to most researchers, there are many shows out there such as Paranormal State that fake stuff to scare people which give none believers of the paranormal the wrong impression of the field getting in their mind this is dangerous and demonic, which totally ticks me off considering I know from my own experiences and what I do those are all lies. The paranormal is not just about "ghost" it also about angels. demons, anything spiritual you may believe in, it doesn't mean all of it is the devil or his demons etc. It drive me nuts when people preach at me for I believe in etc, I go by what I have seen with my owns eyes, what I have studied etc, not by what someone else tells me. If I did that I think I would be in a world of hurt which I believe for everyone if you let others tell you what to believe in then how you to be open to something out there that can be beautiful ( not just talking about the paranormal here ) without an open mind how can you ac truly see what God may revile to you? There is so much he wants to show us beyond the bible that I believe, beyond the churches etc, if you close your mind off how are to you see and enjoy these things?

To me the paranormal is just another would for supernatural things we can't no explain beyond our own eyes and mind, things we may or may not be able to understand. What is a world without discovering new things and answers? I mean if God wanted us to know everything he would already gave us the ability to do so and to be honest this world would be so boring if we knew everything, and personally I don't like boring lol

Upvote 0

PoetStorm

Wanderer in the wilderness
Nov 4, 2008
Long Island New York
✟21,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello! Wow, it’s great to meet some fellow Christian ghost hunters. I run a local paranormal research group. I try to keep the group separate from religious beliefs, choosing to focus on only facts and evidence, however I have often wondered if even researching and documenting these types of things might be anti-Christian. This is a great relief! I too watch the show though not as much as I used to due to time constraints. I have emailed back and forth with the TAPS R+D guy and he seems very nice and level headed. They must be under enormous pressure to have something occur for the TV audience. I’m not sure I would want that sort of pressure / publicity for my group. We were on News 12 New York once and the camera man asked me several times to make my EMF meters go off on tape, even though there was no activity. I refused of course. ;) Well it's nice to meet some fellowe fans. I am new to this board and just beginning to explore all the subtopics. There's so much here! :)

Upvote 0

Christianmusicroo

Be Strong and Have Streangth You're One Of a Kind
Oct 20, 2008
Colorado Springs Colorado
Visit site
✟15,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Awesome PoetStorm great to see u too like GH and also have a group, I personally don't find it anti-christian in less you start messing with demonic stuff yourself etc, but me and me group stay far from that stuff, we do help people that believe they have a demonic cases and try to take the right steps for that such as getting a priest or pastor, praying blessings etc whatever the person may want, we can't force our beliefs on another people we can only offer them the right thing etc, but is is their choice.

I had a group try to make as well get my k2 meter to go off when there is no activity and I am like no no thanks I don't fake stuff nor do I lie. I am out to prove or disapprove what may be out there, not to make people happy and believers, people can believe what they want and I believe what I want.

My group recently was just in a paper which was so awesome for us :)

My I ask which Taps member you talk to Poetstorm? and how you know them? I know a few people that know Jason and Grant and a few others of the TAPS team personally.

Oh by the way welcome :)

Upvote 0

PoetStorm

Wanderer in the wilderness
Nov 4, 2008
Long Island New York
✟21,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Congrats on your entry in the paper. The one I know is not on the show often. He is their background research man, though he was on one show where they unveiled a sort of geiger counter related device specifically designed for ghosthunting. Sadly I missed that one! His name is Rich. I forget the last name. I would have to check my old emails.

I am going out tonight on an investigation actually. It is at an old estate and we have gotten some strange readings before as well as the scent of roses drifting around the place. Thanks for the welcome. :)

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Ghost Hunters and shows like it are as real to me as professional wrestling. I personally have no desire to watch them. I mean, how much can you actually see or hear? It sort of reminds me of the one horse town sketch from Family Guy: "No you shut up! No you shut up!... What's that?! The wind!"

Upvote 0
C

Crystal Star Light

Hi there! I've actually met Kris Williams from Ghost Hunters. She is a very sweet person. We actually didn't talk about anything ghostly but it was fun! I love watching that show, television isn't proof so I can't say if Ghost Hunters is a 100% real but their approach is what real Ghost Hunters do and they try to find things from a scientific perpective which makes them more legit than the other Spirit Investigator shows. I think all the others I've seen are fake but with Ghost Hunters I'm not sure. I've done scientific spirit investigating before and had a few anomalies I couldn't explain so I remain on the fence on whether its real or not.

Upvote 0

Sammylou1990

Jun 25, 2009
Northern Ireland
✟7,612.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
On a purely entertainment level i love shows like this. But i class ghost hunting shows in the same kind of genre as sci-fi drama. It's like watching a more "realistic" version of a show like The Ghost Whisperer, or Medium. Good clean fun, but nothing supernatural about either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Just wondering there is any christians out there that watch ghost hunters weds nights on sci-fi. I do and I'm a huge fan of it, even do that stuff myself, it's pretty fun and interesting. So I'm seeingif any one else watches this show, and what not. Blessings! :)

Also I ask if you don't like it, or don't believe or agree with this stuff, please do not point fingers etc please.:)

I like it... and since I found it on hulu i've been feeding my Unsolved Mysteries cravings.

As for its accuracy I don't know.... it doesn't seem to have the same authoritive nature as UM does. I really hope that they don't make stuff up and if not then dang there's some pretty interesting things to think about.

I've found UM's conclusion on the paranormal to be the one I tend to lean towards; The question is not whether it exists, but what is it.

1 thing I do find annoying about the show is how they use their music... so almost the only cue that something has happened is when one of the people being filmed exclaim something like "Hey did you hear that?". It is very very annoying.
One of the episodes I really liked was the one where Jay had his flashlight turned 3 seperate times (supposedly on camera).... which makes me want to know how they actually do the show.
Unfortunately theres not much for me to go on to say yes it is good material or no it's bogus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cynthia85

Doctor... Captain Picard... Let's make it so!
Jun 21, 2006
Here for a while, heaven for eternity
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love the show.

I'm impressed with how they go about their investigations. They don't go in with an "Oh this place is haunted" attitude and even if they find some weird stuff they don't jump to the conclusion that it's haunted.

And I'm more willing to believe these guys are legit since they've been doing this for 20 years. It's not like they thought "Hey, let's do a TV show!" They're serious about it.

Upvote 0

BrentJustice

Jan 17, 2009
Boone, NC
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I love the series, watch it every Wednesday night as well. Also watch Ghost Hunters International and Ghost Hunters Academy. Though I love the original Ghost Hunters with Jay and Grant the most. I've seen every episode and I DVR them all every week.

I love the Ghost Hunters unique methodology of going in to disprove a haunting and find other causes first instead of thinking every little thing is a ghost. I also like their apprehension to call a place haunted, rather first just saying there is paranormal activity, i.e. activity that is not of the norm, with no explanation. This doesn't mean ghost, it just means something unexplainable. So I really like their methods, I think a lot of other ghost hunting shows freak out at the smallest thing and call everything a ghost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gohst

:)
Jan 25, 2010
gohst{GODOF1; MAN&WOMAN FIT AS 1)
✟15,433.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm not too interested in Ghost tv shows, because I know what they R, but I really enjoy watching this Tv show that tracts Urban Legends, I can't remember the name of the show rite now, but it is an AWESOME SHOW. I was watching all the episodes last week online. EXCELLENT!

Upvote 0