• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Getting over Depression from a Broken Heart

avillarini

Sep 12, 2012
New York
✟15,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I lost my soulmate. I knew her for 15 years and have always had feelings for her. We dated and I was never happier. Than something happened that changed her which led to us breaking up. I've been in 4 serious relationships all longer than 3 years, i'm not new to having a broken heart. But this time its unbearable, the love we shared which is now gone has crippled me, broken my heart and left me depressed. I prayed for the strenght to overcome this, I do consider myself a strong person both mentally and emotionally. The anxiety and depression just makes it so much harder, not to mention i'm about to lose my job and apartment :-/

Upvote 0

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I lost my soulmate. I knew her for 15 years and have always had feelings for her. We dated and I was never happier. Than something happened that changed her which led to us breaking up. I've been in 4 serious relationships all longer than 3 years, i'm not new to having a broken heart. But this time its unbearable, the love we shared which is now gone has crippled me, broken my heart and left me depressed. I prayed for the strenght to overcome this, I do consider myself a strong person both mentally and emotionally. The anxiety and depression just makes it so much harder, not to mention i'm about to lose my job and apartment :-/

That is a heavy cross to bare. So many things at once. I would be seeking support and advice just like you in such a time. In fact all those things at once along with depression, such a heavy burden to carry in my experience. So sorry. I am glad you are reaching out and not withdrawing and isolating yourself at this time. That is a healthy sign.

It takes time unfortunately...we have the process of grief. You may cry and feel helpless at this time. And crying is part of the healing process. You feel very hurt right now and overwhelmed understandably. And you want support, encouragement and advice.

I will give you all these things.

Cling to the Lord and ask to rest in Him. Ask Him to help heal your woundedness. Ask Him to help you carry this heavy cross. Bare your soul to Him. He is a healer. And confide in anyone that you feel trust in. You need supports at this time. The more the better. You need a circle of care whether it be from your family and/or those you share fellowship with. This pain may linger and seem like it will never go away but it will fade in time. That may not give you comfort in the present moment. What supports do you have to support you through this tough time?

Reactions: Woven
Upvote 0

avillarini

Sep 12, 2012
New York
✟15,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the advice, everything you wrote is true and it helps so much just knowing someone understands. As far as a support group I have a close friend whos like my brother and I have my mom. Both have many issues they're dealing with themselves so its hard to really turn to them with my burden. I have my church that I recently started attending again but I dont know anyone there anymore and its hard to reach out to them.

Upvote 0

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the advice, everything you wrote is true and it helps so much just knowing someone understands. As far as a support group I have a close friend whos like my brother and I have my mom. Both have many issues they're dealing with themselves so its hard to really turn to them with my burden. I have my church that I recently started attending again but I dont know anyone there anymore and its hard to reach out to them.

I know you are a good soul going through hard times. If you will accept me as an online friend I will be honoured. I went through severe trauma and had PTSD for years. And do reach out to them and you may be surprised at how much they support you and without judgment. Take a risk and place yourself in their hands and pray even though you do not want to impose upon them. You give them the opportunity to show forth understanding and charity.

Upvote 0

avillarini

Sep 12, 2012
New York
✟15,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read your PM and I'm grateful for all your help so far. I'm still new here so I dont know how to accept you as an online friend but I will figure it out now. thanks again for all your kind words I am continuing this battle with a clearer head now thanks to your advice. I know its not going to go away over night I just dont want to go through it alone.

Upvote 0

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Click the line under my user name and the option to send messages to me is there. I will stand by you and walk with you through all of this as I have had similar tribulations. Please accept me as a friend. I will send you a request for friendship shortly. And truly glad if in any way I helped you. Ok I clicked a link and we are online friends here now :)

Anything you need and anything I can help you with. I am at your disposal because I am well aqquainted with suffering. I will pray for you today and best of all that we may walk together. I may not always be online but I am committed to walk with you through this so you will not feel alone.

Upvote 0

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I can express how much it means to me. Thank you so much. Its nice to know there are good people out there like you, I really do appreciate all your help.

When I saw you pain I knew without a doubt that the Lord who loves you beyond words or description called me to comfort you. It is good you feel some release of the pressure you feel now. God led me to you only so you would know that He is mindful of your pain now. He actually feels it. And He desires to carry you through this tough time. And I know without any doubt and speak boldly on this. God loves you sooo much. I feel teary eyed that you are going through this. And I look to the Lord. He has transformed me and all my anger to be a messanger of peace. I am here for you and I rejoice if the weight of you burden is lightened up in any way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

avillarini

Sep 12, 2012
New York
✟15,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, through your words I can actually feel Gods hands lifting me up. Though I'm still hurting I feel better knowing I'm not alone. Thank you and God Bless.

When I saw you pain I knew without a doubt that the Lord who loves you beyond words or description called me to comfort you. It is good you feel some release of the pressure you feel now. God led me to you only so you would know that He is mindful of your pain now. He actually feels it. And He desires to carry you through this tough time. And I know without any doubt and speak boldly on this. God loves you sooo much. I feel teary eyed that you are going through this. And I look to the Lord. He has transformed me and all my anger to be a messanger of peace. I am here for you and I rejoice if the weight of you burden is lightened up in any way.

Upvote 0

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF, brother. :wave:

Breakups are tough, they really are. It is hard to lose someone in your life, good times or bad. I like to say sometimes they are like a roller coaster. For awhile, one moment you think you are better without the person, the next you feel you cannot live without them.

I am truly sorry for your hurt right now. Nothing I say or do can take it away but God can help. The Bible can help. Support can help.

I am sorry about the job and apartment. Is there any assistance you qualify for?

I will pray right now.

And hey, it may seem like it will never be okay at times, but it really will be. :)

Upvote 0

Gselsidi

Oct 2, 2012
✟15,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Avill just remember if it is meant to be it will happen. What helped me alot and I mean alot! Is working out. When I went through the same thing losing my "soul mate" was really depressed the. I started to work out again and moved on with my life, she was the one who broke up with me I just said to myself her loss.

Also, don't be so down there is no such thing as a soul mate, god hasn't created only 1 person for us, there are 3 billion women on this planet probably more that you can build that same level of love with if not even more.

Thirdly, secondly was above btw lol. My gf and I got back together literally after like 4 months, I literally had to sit there and think do I want to be back with her as I had gotten over her lol.

Been dating her for 5 years the whole time pretty seriously like I've been married to her lol. Again if it's meant to be it's meant to be if not ohh well trust me if you open yourself up you will find millions of women who you can have that connection with.

Good luck and I will pray for you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a cycle of life and it includes endings and beginnings. "Seasons" we call them. All earthly relatiionships end in a parting. No exceptions. Learn to enjoy each season for what it is, there will be things we like and things we may not care for in each season. As Forge3 points out grief is a process. This is the process of letting go.

Whether by death or distance or dissolution we must all learn to let go. Once we realize that we willsay goodbye at some point to friends, parents, spouses & children-other goodbyes seem so much less poignant. (We say goodbye regardless of whether we are the ones leaviing or being left).

Each is also a process of being allowed to move forward, be it in this life or the next. New and great things are coming. Look Forward rather than back. It takes some practice.
561498_286163651494418_1579703277_n.jpg

Upvote 0