Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My dear Brother,
I thank you for yours, May the 24th. The case is quite plain. There are bigots both for predestination and against it. God is sending a message to those on either side. But neither will receive it, unless from one who is of their own opinion. Therefore, for a time you are suffered to be of one opinion, and I of another. But when his time is come, God will do what man cannot, namely, make us both of one mind. Then persecution will flame out, and it will be seen whether we count our lives dear unto ourselves, so that we may finish our course with joy. I am, my dearest brother,
Ever yours,

indent.gif
indent.gif
indent.gif

J. WESLEY
Worth a read, here's a link for the whole thing.

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/wesley.htm

ClementofRome

Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity
May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just love Whitfield's argumentation! What I also love is the humility with which these two brothers entered into a very difficult and presupposition driven disagreement. How gracious they are toward one another even in the midst of disagreement.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,660.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
ClementofRome said:
I just love Whitfield's argumentation! What I also love is the humility with which these two brothers entered into a very difficult and presupposition driven disagreement. How gracious they are toward one another even in the midst of disagreement.
Nail on the head brother, the humility is heartfelt!

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
rnmomof7 said:
Wesley was a man of God . A brother in Christ .
sure was , I still think A M Toplady is worthy of a mention.........I would be interested to see how those 2 are getting along right Now....I suppose tar and feather are not in their vocab ....;)

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, All

Honoured Sir, how could it enter into your heart to choose a text to disprove the doctrine of election out of Romans 8, where this doctrine is so plainly asserted? Once I spoke with a Quaker upon this subject, and he had no other way of evading the force of the Apostle's assertion than by saying, "I believe Paul was in the wrong."
:eek:

Bill

Upvote 0