Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are seemingly two giant plot holes in the first few chapters of Genesis. They have always bothered me. When I was an atheist I was able to point and laugh, but as a Christian there is no satisfactory answers to be found. Anyone that ever tries to answer them ends up making assumptions that are not backed by scripture--adding to the word of God. Does anyone have insight into these mysteries:

Cain's punishment.

God cursed Cain to wander the Earth, separated from the land, etc. He thought this punishment too much to bear, and was afraid people would kill him for his transgression. Of whom exactly was Cain worried about killing him? According to the scripture him, Abel, Adam, and Eve were literally the only people on the planet.

Scripture doesn't actually say that. That is merely the most common interpretation but the error of it is apparent. Adam was the first of his own kind, like Jacob was the first Israelite, the father of the 12 tribes of Israel which was his new name. Adam thus is the first man only of his own people not the first of humanity.

There were people before Adam and it was them that Cain feared and eventually went to and married one of their daughters.

The Wives of Adam and Eve's children.

After Cain and Abel, Adam and Eve had other children, and they had children, etc. With whom exactly did Adam and Eve's children mate? Again, with them being the only people on the planet, incest would be the only viable option--and that genetic line would not have survived, let alone been able to populate the entire planet.

If Cain feared the others and needed special protection from God to survive, then I assume Adam and his family were also fearful of them so I think incest was the most likely situation unless God had some of the others sent over. Scripture is silent on this so we can only guess and wait to be told the truth of it one day.

There are only two conclusions I can draw from this. Either the scripture is wrong or incomplete. I have heard that the Roman Catholic church buried certain books from the bible, calling them heretical. Book of Nod, gospels of Judas and Mary Magdalene, other gnostic gospels, etc. Is it possible the RCC buried books that fill in the gaps on this part? Thoughts?

I guess it's possible but I believe God has given us enough for His own satisfaction.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible lists three types of death.
Physical death-This is from cells dying and ageing to last breath when the body dies entirely. Adams body started to die when he took the first bite.
The second death is spiritual death - separation from God while we are here.
The third death is eternal death - permanent separation from God.

There is no third death in scripture. Scripture only speaks of the 1st and 2nd death.

Upvote 0