Jul 20, 2003
Hollywood, Florida
Visit site
✟7,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 3:15 begins with the Lord saying to the serpent, " I will put enmity Between you and the woman..." The verse goes on to speak of the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent, a passage I take to be Messianic. But my question regards THIS particular phrase. To what does this enmity between the serpent versus the woman refer?

Is it the snake and Eve?
Is is the snake and women in general?
Is it Satan and Israel?
Is it all of the above?

holdon

Aug 3, 2005
✟6,041.00
Faith
Christian
JohnStevenson said:
Genesis 3:15 begins with the Lord saying to the serpent, " I will put enmity Between you and the woman..." The verse goes on to speak of the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent, a passage I take to be Messianic. But my question regards THIS particular phrase. To what does this enmity between the serpent versus the woman refer?

Is it the snake and Eve?
Is it Satan and Israel?
Is it all of the above?

No, it's between the seed of the Woman, Christ and the serpent, Satan. Although Christ didn't come out "unscathed" (the heel crushed), He crushed the head of the serpent. But as some say, his tail is still moving....

Upvote 0

davidoffinland

Sep 16, 2004
finland
✟8,343.00
Faith
Lutheran
From Finland.

The perpetual enemity is between the seed of the woman, i.e., the human race and the seed of the snake. (K & D)
It is interesting one of my Jewish commentaries has it in v15,....He will pound your head, and you will bite his heel.

I know of the Messiah´s connection but it may interest too that it may also refer to man´s struggle against his lusts. The serpent as a symbol of lust can only bite whereas man can pound and crush the serpent´s head. It is good to see other points-of-view.

Shalom, davidoffinland.

Upvote 0

WAB

Nov 12, 2005
Hawaii
✟1,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
davidoffinland said:
From Finland.

The perpetual enemity is between the seed of the woman, i.e., the human race and the seed of the snake. (K & D)
It is interesting one of my Jewish commentaries has it in v15,....He will pound your head, and you will bite his heel.

I know of the Messiah´s connection but it may interest too that it may also refer to man´s struggle against his lusts. The serpent as a symbol of lust can only bite whereas man can pound and crush the serpent´s head. It is good to see other points-of-view.

Shalom, davidoffinland.

If you think "...man can pound and crush the serpent's head." GOOD LUCK!!

Upvote 0

J21

Soldier For God's Glory
Aug 24, 2005
Adelaide, South Australia
✟11,758.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
holdon said:
No, it's between the seed of the Woman, Christ and the serpent, Satan. Although Christ didn't come out "unscathed" (the heel crushed), He crushed the head of the serpent. But as some say, his tail is still moving....

Whereas our Lord was struck on the heel by satan, Christ has yet to crush the serpents head..I believe that will happen totally on the Final day, when all will bow before our King and satan is defeated at last. Satan is until that time ruling as the prince of this world, given to him by the Lord...which I believe evidences further that he, satan, unfortunately has yet to be crushed.

Upvote 0

foadle

Senior Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
✟4,616.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
While I agree with what has been said there is also the side of the progressive enmity between women and the devil. Knowing what a woman with power might be able ot achieve the Devil has persistently kept women as downtrodden and "unimportant" until quite recent times and in many parts of the world their voice is still not important. Just another perspective

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
foadle said:
While I agree with what has been said there is also the side of the progressive enmity between women and the devil. Knowing what a woman with power might be able ot achieve the Devil has persistently kept women as downtrodden and "unimportant" until quite recent times and in many parts of the world their voice is still not important. Just another perspective

Deleted comment.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
JohnStevenson said:

Is it the snake and Eve?
Is it Satan and Israel?
Is it all of the above?
Genesis 3:15 and enmity I put between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; he doth bruise thee--the head, and thou dost bruise him--the heel.'
Interesting that a type of "behavior" is used as "he". I also believe it points to the Cross and Consummation in Revelation.[Dragon and his seed and the Woman and her seed]

342 'eybah ay-baw' from 340; hostility:--emnity, hatred. 340 'ayab aw-yab' a primitive root; to hate (as one of an opposite tribe or party); hence to be hostile:--be an enemy.

I can vision this also as 2 future types of Jerusalems.? The word enmity means hatred or hostile. Notice the book of revelation symbolizes 2 types of "cities/women" as does Paul in Galation 4.[no offense to the jewish religion of course]

Gala 4:24 which things are allegorized, for these are the two covenants: one, indeed, from mount Sinai, to servitude bringing forth, which is Hagar; 25 for this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and doth correspond to the Jerusalem that now [is], and is in servitude with her children, 26 and the Jerusalem above is the free-woman, which is Mother of us all,

The CROSS would be the sign that would bring enmity between those of the OC LAW and NC SPIRIT.

Luke 2:34
Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this [Child] is destined for the fall and rising [Resurrection] of many in Israel, and for a SIGN which will be spoken against

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elkanah

Mar 20, 2006
✟7,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi all,

The perpetual enemity is between the seed of the woman, i.e., the human race and the seed of the snake.

If the "human race" is the seed (Hebrew word #2233 zera` = offspring) of "the Woman"; what, or who is the "seed" of the Serpent?

Have any of you ever asked yourselves what this verse means:

1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Have you ever asked yourselves what the parable of the wheat and the tares was about in Matthew 13:24-30? Well, so did the disciples, so Jesus explained the parable to them:

Matthew 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Have you ever asked yourselves why Cain is NOT is Adam's genealogy in Genesis chapter 5?

Now, I'm not declaring anything; I'm just asking you if you have ever asked yourselves these questions.

Not to digress or change the subject, but here are a few more intruiging questions.

Genesis 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Have you ever asked yourselves; "Who did Cain marry? And where did she come from?"

Genesis 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Have you ever asked yourselves; "Who are all of these people that Cain is afraid of?"

Now, I'm not declaring anything, I'm just asking you if you have ever asked yourselves these questions.

Upvote 0

WAB

Nov 12, 2005
Hawaii
✟1,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elkanah said:
Hi all,

If the "human race" is the seed (Hebrew word #2233 zera` = offspring) of "the Woman"; what, or who is the "seed" of the Serpent?

1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Have you ever asked yourselves what the parable of the wheat and the tares was about in Matthew 13:24-30? Well, so did the disciples, so Jesus explained the parable to them:

Matthew 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Have you ever asked yourselves why Cain is NOT is Adam's genealogy in Genesis chapter 5?

Now, I'm not declaring anything; I'm just asking you if you have ever asked yourselves these questions.

Not to digress or change the subject, but here are a few more intruiging questions.

Genesis 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Have you ever asked yourselves; "Who did Cain marry? And where did she come from?"

Genesis 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Have you ever asked yourselves; "Who are all of these people that Cain is afraid of?"

Now, I'm not declaring anything, I'm just asking you if you have ever asked yourselves these questions.

No... of course you are "not declaring anything"... what you are doing is sowing discord among brethren.

Look that up!

Upvote 0

Elkanah

Mar 20, 2006
✟7,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
WAB said:
No... of course you are "not declaring anything"... what you are doing is sowing discord among brethren.

Look that up!

Why are you accusing me of anything? What kind of discord am I sowing? Scripture verses? I haven't said anything, or made any commentary concerning those verses. Are you accusing me, or the Scriptures? Is your reference to me using the Hebrew manuscipts instead of the English sowing discord? Funny, I said nothing of my own except mention a few verses and ask you to think about them and I am accused of something. And they say the ways of the Pharisees are not practiced anymore within the Christian faith.

Don't worry WAB, I wasn't planning on saying anything more on the matter anyway, so relax. If anyone is curious they can read and think for themselves, unlike some brittle, hardened wineskins.

Matthew 9:16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
9:17 Nor do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins burst, the wine runs out, and the skins are ruined. Rather, people pour new wine into fresh skins, and both are saved."

Upvote 0

Elkanah

Mar 20, 2006
✟7,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi WAB,

I was reading through some posts in this forum and I came across some of your posts. You said:

It is truly amazing to me how often folks who profess to have put their faith in Christ for their salvation, and profess to honor the word of God, either cannot see, or will not read, the Scriptures in context.

And then you said:

Ahhhh never mind... I hope you open your eyes and heart to the truth of the whole of God's Scriptures:

Wow, if that is not “the pot calling the kettle black“.

You’re no different than those you give that wonderful advice to. The “WHOLE” of God’s Scriptures? Hmmm. Other than making accusations, you have yet to prove me wrong Scripturally regarding anything I have said. Because YOU CAN’T. You do exactly the same thing as those you get frustrated with in those threads. That is, when you get trapped into a corner by your own short-sightedness, ego, and lack of knowledge in a subject, you lash out and start railing accusations. Why don’t you take your own advice, do some homework, and discuss these things with me in a mature fashion, letting the Scriptures do the talking. Don’t sidestep the Scriptures in question by hiding behind unrelated Scriptures that you take out of context. That is a cop out, and an excuse for not knowing the Scriptures well enough to give a legitimate response.

So come on. Explain those Scriptures to me without hiding behind accusation. Can you? Will you? Take each of those verses, one by one, and accurately explain them Biblically. If you have accused me, then you must have something to say. Remember, I didn’t comment on those Scriptures at all, I just listed them. So, let’s go. Enlighten me.

By the way, in your debate with Eph3nine concerning the “New Covenant” and the “Mystery Revealed”, I am in agreement with you. You are correct. So don’t think I’m doing this out of spite. Your knowledge in certain areas is very good, I’m just trying to get other areas up to par.

Upvote 0

Child_of_Yahweh

Apr 6, 2006
Georgia
Visit site
✟15,347.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Elkanah said:
Hi all,

Yes....I have asked myself these questions....that is why my belife is that when Eve ate the fruit (had sex with Satan) she concieved Cain and when she ate the fruit again with Adam (had sex with him) she concieved Abel.

Cain was clearly the offspring of Satan NOT a literal "snake" that we know today. The so called Snake stood upright as a man (the bible says). After the all had sex.....suddenly their eyes were OPEN and they saw that the weer NAKED! Wow! That"apple" had some power didn't it?:eek:

Becuase I believe the "fruit" was sex....as it usually is referred to in the bible (be "fruitful and muliply etc.)....that wicked fornication between Satan and Eve then opnedd her eyes...this is what caused Yahweh to then put hate between HER RACE (not Cain's) and Satan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
JohnStevenson said:

Is it the snake and Eve?
Is it Satan and Israel?
Is it all of the above?

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. 3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. 4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. 5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. 6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. 7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. 16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. 4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear. 10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. 11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.