North America
✟166,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gen 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
(MY NOTE: God tells Abraham, take your only son Isaac for a burnt offering & go to the land of MORIAH)

Gen 22:3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
(MY NOTE: Abraham obeys)

Gen 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
(MY NOTE: Abraham never BELIEVED he would lose Isaac. "I & the LAD will GO & RETURN")

Gen 22:6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
(MY NOTE: Isaac carries wood up hill. A foreshadow of Jesus later carrying his cross up the same hill.)

Gen 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
(MY NOTE: God PROVIDES a ram for the burn offering sacrifice)

Gen 22:14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
(MY NOTE: Jehovahjireh means = The Lord Will Provide. Ok, PROVIDE what? A SACRIFICE! The promised seed/Christ (see Gal 3:1 below) is = The SACRIFICE/Sins Atonement!)

Gen 15:6 Abram "believed" the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness
(MY NOTE: Thru Abram's belief/faith the Lord declared him righteous)

Gal 3:
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
(NOTE: Abraham believed God & God declared Abraham righteous thru FAITH)

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
(MY NOTE: Everyone that puts their FAITH in Christ's sin payment & resurrection is an offspring of Abraham & declared righteous by God)

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
(MY NOTE: God promises Abraham ALL nations would be justified thru Faith (see justification KJB dictionary below)

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
(MY NOTE: Thru FAITH every believer receives the same justification declaration blessing Abraham did.)

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
(MY NOTE: If doing works of law keeping is your litmus test for receiving righteousness/justification. You are cursed/condemned in God's sight)

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
(Reread MY NOTE in vs 10. The just shall live by FAITH)

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(MY NOTE: A sinless Christ took our due judgment paying sins required wage (Rom 6:23).

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
(MY NOTE: Thru FAITH/trust placed in Christ' sin payment & resurrection. Today's believers receive God's promise: Lk 24:49, Acts 1:4, 5, 2:4, 33. The baptism of Christ's salvation sealing: (2 Cor 1:22, 5:5, 2 Tim 1:14, Eph 4:30) forever indwelling Holy Spirit)

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
(MY NOTE: Scripture proclaims here, this promise of righteousness once confirmed thru FAITH can't be annulled)

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
(MY NOTE: 430 & yrs before the Law to Moses. God made Abraham a promise & the Mosaic law covenant doesn't change or annul God's Abrahamic promise)

BOTH OT & NT believers were/are: Justified = declared righteous (placed in a right standing with the Father) by the Father. Thru Faith in the Messiah/Christ' sin payment.

KJV Dictionary Definition: JUSTIFICATION; (4) In theology, remission of sin and absolution from guilt and punishment; or an act of free grace by which God pardons the sinner and accepts him as righteous, on account of the atonement of Christ.
JUSTIFICATION - Definition from the KJV Dictionary

(MY NOTE: ABSOLUTION from GUILT & PUNISHMENT. Believers are JUSTIFIED = Judicially Declared Righteous by a sovereign God. Righteousness is an imputed free Gift (Rom 5:17). Imputed thru Faith placed in Jesus FINISHED sin atoning sacrifice & resurrection. Thru Faith & faith alone, we become justified/righteous/SAVED the "MOMENT" we believe in Christ's sin payment & resurrection. Jesus did ALL the work necessary & all we need to do is TRUST Him!)

To God be the Glory! AMEN & Amen

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

TrevorL

Aug 20, 2004
Lake Macquarie NSW
✟56,943.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings BrotherJJ,
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
The promise to Abraham and his seed includes the promise of the Land:

Genesis 13:14–15 (KJV): 14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Galatians 3:26–29 (KJV): 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Those that have believed the Gospel of the Kingdom and Name and have identified with the death and resurrection of Jesus by baptism in water Acts 8:5-6,12 will also inherit the Land promised to Jesus and Abraham.

Kind regards
Trevor

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Greetings BrotherJJ, The promise to Abraham and his seed includes the promise of the Land:

Genesis 13:14–15 (KJV): 14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Galatians 3:26–29 (KJV): 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Those that have believed the Gospel of the Kingdom and Name and have identified with the death and resurrection of Jesus by baptism in water Acts 8:5-6,12 will also inherit the Land promised to Jesus and Abraham.

Kind regards
Trevor

1st, OP doesn't deny the land promise the Lord made with Abraham. Neither does it try to chronicle Abrahams entire life.

2ndly, would you be kind enough to cite the scripture that Abraham, Moses (seen in the heavenly Mt of transfiguration vision) or any other pre-Jesus fleshly walk saint. Were water baptized or promoted the coming Messiah's death & resurrection. Thx in advance, JJ.

Upvote 0

TrevorL

Aug 20, 2004
Lake Macquarie NSW
✟56,943.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings BrotherJJ,
1st, OP doesn't deny the land promise the Lord made with Abraham. Neither does it try to chronicle Abrahams entire life.
That's fine, but my Sunday School teacher over 60 years ago used to emphasise the link between Genesis 13:14,15 and Galatians 3:8,16,26-29 in our Sunday School class and his public addresses. He often ended his talks with these verses, and on one occasion as I was drifting off, my mate dug me in the ribs, and when the speaker paused, he whispered a few seconds before the speaker, "In conclusion, we will turn to Genesis 13 ...". It taught me that we do go to heaven when we die, or go to heaven when Jesus returns, but that Jesus will raise the faithful and they will inherit the Land with Abraham. Both my mate and the speaker's son and daughters cannot remember these favourite passages used by the speaker, but it made an indelible mark in my understanding and direction in life. That is the reason why I responded to the empty space under your citation of Galatians 3:16. Perhaps this verse has not made a similar impact upon you and your belief. I was trying to give you a dig in the ribs.
2ndly, would you be kind enough to cite the scripture that Abraham, Moses (seen in the heavenly Mt of transfiguration vision) or any other pre-Jesus fleshly walk saint. Were water baptized or promoted the coming Messiah's death & resurrection. Thx in advance, JJ.
Interesting request, but I follow the example set forth in the NT, by Jesus and by such as in Acts 8:5-6,12.

Kind regards
Trevor

Upvote 0