Genesis 2:7 man became a living , when does this occur.

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Being Alive and considered a person in God's view does not happen until you have a body, soul & spirit. 1 Thess 5:23. All Must be present at conception you do not have that. That happens later. When you have that you are a person in God's view. Show me otherwise from Scripture. There are stages of development. P.S. 139:16,13 says there is an UNFORMED BODY that is then FORMED. It is NOT ALIVE at this stage of development. Heb 10:5 says "a body was prepared" for Christ. Was the Body alive during this stage NO. you would have 2 separate beings occupying 1 body. like it or not the Bible teaches stages of development in the womb at one stage it is not a person or alive, at another state it is. When that occurs you are a person In Gods eyes

When God formed Adam from the dust and breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life, and Adam became a living soul, that was the FIRST formation of flesh man. It DON'T happen that way anymore. After Adam everyone is born through woman's womb! So the basis of your argument is just silly to begin with.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟371,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When God formed Adam from the dust and breathed into Adam's nostrils the breath of life, and Adam became a living soul, that was the FIRST formation of flesh man. It DON'T happen that way anymore. After Adam everyone is born through woman's womb! So the basis of your argument is just silly to begin with.

the reason I use the metaphor is that the term "formed" in Gen 2:7, is found in other places in the Bible, not that there is literally dust in the womb., that would be foolish. But the term is used all over the bible, in Gen 2:7 used to mean matter that is unformed and unaware. the term is used in most of the passages that are claimed to be supporting life at conception. Well that is a problem because the term is talking about thing are not alive. If it means not alive in one place it mean it in another. place.

Actually the Bible constantly refers to being alive as dust to dust. "from dust you are and dust you shall return. " so you objection is not valid. the by never says from your mother you came and to you mother you shall return. It refers to Dust as a metaphor for the human body's origins. so your objection is moot. the bible refers to this metaphor for all different aspects of human existence.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the reason I use the metaphor is that the term "formed" in Gen 2:7, is found in other places in the Bible, not that there is literally dust in the womb., that would be foolish. But the term is used all over the bible, in Gen 2:7 used to mean matter that is unformed and unaware. the term is used in most of the passages that are claimed to be supporting life at conception. Well that is a problem because the term is talking about thing are not alive. If it means not alive in one place it mean it in another. place.

Actually the Bible constantly refers to being alive as dust to dust. "from dust you are and dust you shall return. " so you objection is not valid. the by never says from your mother you came and to you mother you shall return. It refers to Dust as a metaphor for the human body's origins. so your objection is moot. the bible refers to this metaphor for all different aspects of human existence.

Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 reveals that the flesh is not... the spirit. Lord Jesus in John 3 revealed the same thing. And in Matthew 10:28, Jesus revealed that if our flesh body is killed, our soul continues on. Thusly, our soul has to be linked to the "spirit" Solomon taught that goes back to God. It means our 'soul' is definitely not... of material matter.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟371,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 reveals that the flesh is not... the spirit. Lord Jesus in John 3 revealed the same thing. And in Matthew 10:28, Jesus revealed that if our flesh body is killed, our soul continues on. Thusly, our soul has to be linked to the "spirit" Solomon taught that goes back to God. It means our 'soul' is definitely not... of material matter.
i think you are finally beginning to understand the problem. the problem is the soul is separate from the body. when dose the soul enter the body? When does it leave?

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i think you are finally beginning to understand the problem. the problem is the soul is separate from the body. when dose the soul enter the body? When does it leave?

God had to have created the 'soul' with spirit separate from our flesh, since our soul with spirit is not of the same realm as the flesh, which I've already pointed to several times on this subject.

John 3:6
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
KJV

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think I might have posed this question last year sometime, but I want to post it again.
About 8 years ago I came to the conclusion that the Mainline Christian teaching of the subject of when life begins is incorrect. After some leading by the Lord on the subject and the study of the Scripture, there is no way I can support the belief that life begins at conception. Scripture does not support it. There is NO SCRIPTURE that says life begins at conception. There is a text that says very specifically when life, the very first life, began. Genesis 2:7

Adam's life is not a case of pro-creation but of direct creation. Eve is the only other human on planet Earth to have come to life in that way - so if one were looking for more humans to come about that way - they had to wait ... a very long time and still waiting.

1. God formed man of the dust of the ground. Gen 2:7 (That does not happen with other people).
2. Then having a fully formed dust-model (no tissue at all) - God breathed into him the breath of life.

At the temptation of Christ in Matt 4 - Christ is asked to turn non-living stone into bread. (Presumably that stone was in the shape of a loaf of bread)- God alone can do that sort of thing.

in the case of procreation - already living cells are multiplying and subdividing into specialized organs which are all alive at every step. No part of procreation takes place via dust or via dead cells or via non-living cells.

Holoanencephaly is a scenario where no brain forms - no brain is present at birth and in fact never was present. And while organs may function for a few days in that case - still the baby dies.

Upvote 0