sklippstein

Nov 2, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,351.00
Faith
Catholic
Today at 11:24 AM chelcb said this in Post #19

He is a Catholic priest that has a large well known charismatic healing ministry dealing with generational curses. I will find a link and post it. He has a book called "healing your family tree" very informative and intreresting. Answers all you questions.

Chelsi, ty, I'd love to read up on this.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday at 10:50 AM FaithtoFaith said this in Post #1

I believe our family has many generational curses and I am interested in breaking them off of myself and other family members. So, I am asking for your opinions and wisdom on the topic.

Do you believe in generational curses?

If you do, how can you break the curse?

If you do not believe they exist today, why?

Please use scripture to back up your answers if possible.

FaithtoFaith is your family all Christian?

If they are Christian it would be a matter of them learning to put on the full armor of God to resist whatever bondage they are in.

If they are not Christian of course they would have to become Christian and then put on the armor.

I will pray for your family FaithtoFaith. 

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today at 05:56 PM Terri said this in Post #23

FaithtoFaith is your family all Christian?

If they are Christian it would be a matter of them learning to put on the full armor of God to resist whatever bondage they are in.

If they are not Christian of course they would have to become Christian and then put on the armor.

I will pray for your family FaithtoFaith. 

Yes, I will pray for you too FaithtoFaith.  :hug:

Upvote 0

Ruhama

25 'הושע ב
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
✟891.00
Faith
Messianic
I believe in curses, but I believe you have to be the one to break it off yourself for the most part, but I really don't know. Just pray about it, and see if he won't tell you what to do about it. I think curses are set because of sins, so my recommendation would probably be to confess the sins of your family and for your own part repent of it. Not like you've done them yourself, but it is your intention to not be part of it. But God also respects spokespeople for people groups like families.

I believe curses are there to get our attention. He doesn't just lift them on a whim - yes, they are able to be covered by Jesus - but like our salvation it has to come with some realizations sometimes.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
FaithtoFaith said:
Do you believe in generational curses?
Depends on what you mean by curses. As I've heard it commonly defined, no.

If you do not believe they exist today, why?
Because I can't find any scripture to support such an idea.

Upvote 0

Grace_Alone4gives

Apr 4, 2003
Odessa TX
✟1,245.00
Faith
Protestant
Jesaiah said:
Number 5:24-27
This curse has to do with an unfaithful wife and she is the only one cursed for her actions, not her descendents.

Deut 30:1
This curse is for the nation of Israel and is brought upon them for forsaking their covenant with God. At quick glance it seems as if this curse is exemplified with Israel's exile in Babylon.

Judges 5:23
This curse is upon the people of Meroz because they did not help Israel fight against the Canaanites.

Zechariah 5:3-5
This is curse is part of a prophetic statement, but does not speak of being passed down from father to son, etc.

Mal 2:2
This is a curse upon the priests of Israel for not honoring God's name.

Mal 3:9
This was a curse upon Israel for not bringing their tithes unto the House of God.

No generational curses there :) We do not pay for the sins of our fathers, no curse, execpt for the curse of fallen nature, passes down through a family.
:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace_Alone4gives

Apr 4, 2003
Odessa TX
✟1,245.00
Faith
Protestant
Kellentia said:
Get the book about generation curses by Marilyn Hickey. It will tell you all you need to know =) For my part, I'm with Andrew. =D
Marilyn Hickney is WOF, something I am definately not - so, whereas I am sure she means well, I can not completely trust her theology or writtings - I would rather find my sources in the Bible. Now THAT tells me all I need to know.

Upvote 0

Kellentia

Dec 9, 2003
✟7,790.00
Faith
Christian
Galatians 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE of the law, being made a curse for us.

Christ has redeemed us from whatever curse, be it generation curse or sickness. So, you, as a Child of God, have to show the devil that you know it, then he will see that you know and will know that he can't attack you. We are no longer in bondage for Jesus has set us FREE!!!!

Its something like the slavery problem in the US last time. When Abraham Lincoln passed a new law to make all black slaves free, those slaves that didn't know abt it continued in bondage. But all they had to do is to show the law to their boss and they can go free. We are the slaves and the boss is the devil. Once we know what Christ did for us, all we need to do is to show it to the devil and he has to let us go free.

Isaiah 54: 17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper and any tongue that rises against you in judgement you shall condemn

A curse is like a weapon formed against you, be God said it will NOT PROSPER!!! Claim it and break free from your generation curse!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.