Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is happening now in Gaza, was foretold by zepheniah.
Judgment on Judah's Enemies (KJV)
Zep 2:1 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;
Zep 2:2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.
Zep 2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.
Zep 2:4 For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.
Zep 2:5 Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the LORD isagainst you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.
Zep 2:6 And the sea coast shall be dwellings andcottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.
Zep 2:7 And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.
1709300254979.png

Last edited:

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gaza also in this prophecy ;
Zec 9:4 Behold, the Lord will cast her out, and he will smite her power in the sea; and she shall be devoured with fire.
Zec 9:5 Ashkelon shall see it, and fear; Gaza also shall see it, and be very sorrowful, and Ekron; for her expectation shall be ashamed; and the king shall perish from Gaza, and Ashkelon shall not be inhabited.
Zec 9:6 And a bastard shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.
Zec 9:7 And I will take away his blood out of his mouth, and his abominations from between his teeth: but he that remaineth, even he, shall be for our God, and he shall be as a governor in Judah, and Ekron as a Jebusite.
Zec 9:8 And I will encamp about mine house because of the army, because of him that passeth by, and because of him that returneth: and no oppressor shall pass through them any more: for now have I seen with mine eyes.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Trying to use the Bible like a crystal ball as an excuse to say "There's nothing we can do; it was foretold" is just about the biggest abuse of the scriptures that I can imagine. Stop playing apocalypse bingo concerning world events as people are dying and being displaced in an insanely asymmetrical conflict every single day. It would be more respectful and less of a reproach to the name of Christ to say nothing, if what you've posted is the alternative.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Trying to use the Bible like a crystal ball as an excuse to say "There's nothing we can do; it was foretold" is just about the biggest abuse of the scriptures that I can imagine. Stop playing apocalypse bingo concerning world events as people are dying and being displaced in an insanely asymmetrical conflict every single day. It would be more respectful and less of a reproach to the name of Christ to say nothing, if what you've posted is the alternative.
Sorry the truth displeases you, what GOD has written through the prophets will happen weather you like it or not. God Gave us prophecy for a reason. You cannot oppose GOD's will nor judge him this is what you are doing right now. So tell us you that are perfect what can you do about it? the answer: NOTHING! if you understood what prophecy is you would know this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟39,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
(There are some Christian cultures who are attracted to
trying to explain all current events, as fulfillments of prophecies.

Over centuries, most of these explanations don't work, and are shown to be
a neurotic attachment.

I think that this culture that looks for a biblical explanation of all current
events, is the same culture that accepts all sorts of weird conspiracy
theories, to explain almost anything, regardless of objective evidence.

I think that Christian apologists should avoid the tendency to try to
predict the fulfillment of biblical prophecies.)

• Agree
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
(There are some Christian cultures who are attracted to
trying to explain all current events, as fulfillments of prophecies.

Over centuries, most of these explanations don't work, and are shown to be
a neurotic attachment.

I think that this culture that looks for a biblical explanation of all current
events, is the same culture that accepts all sorts of weird conspiracy
theories, to explain almost anything, regardless of objective evidence.

I think that Christian apologists should avoid the tendency to try to
predict the fulfillment of biblical prophecies.)
there are many unfulfilled prophecies in the bible, this one is happening under our very eyes and confirms we are in the end times, it is linked with the end times. If you are an unbeliever that is your own choice, I believe what GOD says and that it will come to pass.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zep 2:2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.
Zep 2:3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.
Zep 2:4 For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.
Zep 2:5 Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the LORD isagainst you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.
Zep 2:6 And the sea coast shall be dwellings andcottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.
Zep 2:7 And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.
View attachment 343467
Double fullfilment is valid only through inspired writers. All of the OT verses you posted have already been fulfilled.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot of people like watching prophesies fulfilled I'm one of them. If it's in the bible it's worth examining because I don't want to be caught unaware. There are some ego-minded Christians that like to set dates but most of us like to watch. Since we don't know the hour.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A lot of people like watching prophesies fulfilled I'm one of them. If it's in the bible it's worth examining because I don't want to be caught unaware. There are some ego-minded Christians that like to set dates but most of us like to watch. Since we don't know the hour.
same here Like to watch and see what will happen, and like you i cannot set dates like many have and failed.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sorry the truth displeases you, what GOD has written through the prophets will happen weather you like it or not. God Gave us prophecy for a reason. You cannot oppose GOD's will nor judge him this is what you are doing right now. So tell us you that are perfect what can you do about it? the answer: NOTHING! if you understood what prophecy is you would know this.

Oh boy. Another 'prophet' with two months experience on this platform comes to CF to save us all from ourselves. :rolleyes: أقبل الأيادي يا قدس أبونا؟

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 343467
God warned of judgment and destruction for the city of Gaza (Amos 1:6–7; Zephaniah 2:4; Zechariah 9:5; Jeremiah 25:17–29). Gaza eventually fell to Assyrian rule, then Egyptian control (Jeremiah 47:1), then Persian conquest. The Greeks took Gaza under Alexander the Great.

The Seleucid Empire then ruled there before the Romans conquered the city. Due to these myriad empires ruling this port city, Gaza became incredibly diverse with Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Persians, Bedouins, and Jews living there.

Seems it was prophetic and the prophecy was fulfilled back then rather than referring to what's going on now in regard specifically to Gaza.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God warned of judgment and destruction for the city of Gaza (Amos 1:6–7; Zephaniah 2:4; Zechariah 9:5; Jeremiah 25:17–29). Gaza eventually fell to Assyrian rule, then Egyptian control (Jeremiah 47:1), then Persian conquest. The Greeks took Gaza under Alexander the Great.

The Seleucid Empire then ruled there before the Romans conquered the city. Due to these myriad empires ruling this port city, Gaza became incredibly diverse with Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Persians, Bedouins, and Jews living there.

Seems it was prophetic and the prophecy was fulfilled back then rather than referring to what's going on now in regard specifically to Gaza.

There is a word in this prophecy of Zephaniah; Uprooted, they were not uprooted. Duality in prophecy, you know how that works. if you look for example at the rest of the prophecy for Zephaniah 3, he talks of the conversion and restoration of Israel in the end times, a dual prophecy is quite possible here. this is what I am thinking.

I do appreciate your opinion on this this and the info provided, it is what wanted to know, if others saw it differently, thank you. It gives me things to ponder, I will examine in more detail.

Peace

Upvote 0