Gay Marriage in CA - Changes in Marriage?

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Kids are not stupid. They know some of their schoolmates have two mommies or two daddies and that's okay. The other stuff about "increasing homosexuality rates" is not supported by anything but fear and being uninformed. That's what you get when you take a paranoid site like World Net Daily seriously.
That article was originally on Foxnews.com when I first saw it. So there!

Upvote 0

jamielindas

When given the option, choose love and compassion
Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That article was originally on Foxnews.com when I first saw it. So there!

It is preferred if you site the institution that actually does studies or the actual source text rather than the publication that reports it.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
It is preferred if you site the institution that actually does studies or the actual source text rather than the publication that reports it.

That's kind of like saying "My car is a 1971 AMC Gremlin, no, wait, a '72!":D
But if the article said what YOU wanted you would not ask for that info.

Just quit cryin' about it and accept it.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But if the article said what YOU wanted you would not ask for that info.

Just quit cryin' about it and accept it.

No... i always look for the source. Especially when it says what I want it to say, since it is often too good to be true. The news often sensationalizes everything to the extreme. The truth/facts are often in the low-ratings middle ground.

what is it you want us to accept? and why should we trust it?

Upvote 0
This is sorta relevant to the OP.

Last week, two of my dear friends got married! :clap: They have been together longer than I have known them--over 20 years! They went to City Hall, with family and friends, and a cute little old lady commissioner married them--I saw the pictures.

They have been truly supportive of each other in sickness and health, and have already lasted longer than many other couples. I am so happy and excited for them; I even got a little teary-eyed.

What a wonderful opportunity for them, to express their commitment to each other publicly, and gain the rights and responsibilities that all married couples get with their marriage certificates. :clap:

Yes, they are gay.

Umm, I'm not married (been there, done that), but if I were, their marriage would not affect mine at all, at all. How could it?

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is sorta relevant to the OP.

Last week, two of my dear friends got married! :clap: They have been together longer than I have known them--over 20 years! They went to City Hall, with family and friends, and a cute little old lady commissioner married them--I saw the pictures.

They have been truly supportive of each other in sickness and health, and have already lasted longer than many other couples. I am so happy and excited for them; I even got a little teary-eyed.

What a wonderful opportunity for them, to express their commitment to each other publicly, and gain the rights and responsibilities that all married couples get with their marriage certificates. :clap:

Yes, they are gay.

Umm, I'm not married (been there, done that), but if I were, their marriage would not affect mine at all, at all. How could it?

You are obviously oblivious to the scriptures that state marriage is to be solely between a man and a woman. Any other form of union between two people is apparently condemned by God. Unions such as the one you mention will surely result in the destruction of 'decent' life as we know it. Please pass this info on to your friends. They must annul this 'satanic' union at once.

Haven't you been paying attention, DrummerWench?

;)

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

The world net daily???

I asked for an actual reference

Again I will have to assume that you can’t provide actual references to back up your claim that your “joke of a governor signed into law a bill requiring gay education to be taught in our public schools.”

And I want to thank jamirlindas for posting the truth about what that “joke of a governor” signed into the law http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=48741293&postcount=38

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
The world net daily???

I asked for an actual reference

Again I will have to assume that you can’t provide actual references to back up your claim that your “joke of a governor signed into law a bill requiring gay education to be taught in our public schools.”

And I want to thank jamirlindas for posting the truth about what that “joke of a governor” signed into the law http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=48741293&postcount=38
You just don't like what it says. It is a source, it is a real article, it is an actual bill that the governor signed. Man up to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
You are obviously oblivious to the scriptures that state marriage is to be solely between a man and a woman. Any other form of union between two people is apparently condemned by God. Unions such as the one you mention will surely result in the destruction of 'decent' life as we know it. Please pass this info on to your friends. They must annul this 'satanic' union at once.

Haven't you been paying attention, DrummerWench?

;)
Apparently not. *slaps forehead* What was I thinking?! Oh, right: they are two people who love and cherish each other, and are not under the authority of conservative Christianity.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You just don't like what it says. It is a source, it is a real article, it is an actual bill that the governor signed. Man up to it.

I have to admit it, when I can stomach it, I read WND to see what the paranoid schizophrenic faction is up to. They not only distort anti-bullying programs, they whine about those new spirally light bulbs.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

yes my friend, the article is real and the bill truly exists and has been signed into law. However, the article's interpretation of the bill as well as you're own understanding of it are faulty.

Unless there is a different bill that I'm unaware of...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The correct definition of marriage, i.e., one man and one woman, has been redefined by a judicial oligarchy of four (i.e., Ron George and his three stooges) into something illegitimate and worthy of ridicule. Despite whatever sense of entitlement CA homosexuals may feel, there is no constitutional right to gay "marriage." If you want gay "marriage" then you need to do the hard work of passing an amendment like everyone else with a cause. The governor would be justified in setting aside the ruling and he should do so. Alas, we have a vapid RINO and not a true conservative in office.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The correct definition of marriage, i.e., one man and one woman, has been redefined by a judicial oligarchy of four (i.e., Ron George and his three stooges) into something illegitimate and worthy of ridicule. Despite whatever sense of entitlement CA homosexuals may feel, there is no constitutional right to gay "marriage." If you want gay "marriage" then you need to do the hard work of passing an amendment like everyone else with a cause. The governor would be justified in setting aside the ruling and he should do so.

Who defines the correct definition of marriage? What exactly makes a marriage correct? Sex? Gender? Children? Potential for children? Love? Companionship? Religion?

... i'll leave this open for discussion.

What happens when two parts of your governing text conflict? Which one is correct? Who decides?

I'd like to answer my own question here...
The CA constitution is the government document and all other laws should be checked with this for legitimacy. Our government (thank you founding fathers) has a system in place to compare enacted laws against the government document. This process deemed that the enacted law (Prop 22) was not in line with the CA constitution which has been updated multiple times to eliminate discrimination and ensure equality. (Saying that two men can't get married because one of them is a man is short description of the gender discrimination mentioned in the ruling).
Furthermore, the way to fix this is amend the constitution, which clearly is what is happening now.

However, that still leaves us in a weird legal position because one part of the document talks about equality and non-discrimination and the other part clearly discriminates. It would necessitate further review.

Alas, we have a vapid RINO and not a true conservative in office.
Alas, we're a relatively liberal state so I'm not that surprised by our representative government.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Who defines the correct definition of marriage? What exactly makes a marriage correct? Sex? Gender? Children? Potential for children? Love? Companionship? Religion?
... i'll leave this open for discussion.

Marriage is defined by the people, as it always has been and always will be.
Marriage has been defined by God in the Bible.
I would not expect an atheist to understand because atheists deny the existance of God and the authority of the Bible.
I would not expect a United Methodist to understand this because they usually doubt the Scriptures as well. The Scriptures are not taught at many UM churches. In fact, Texas Lynn, I have never seen you turn to the Bible to back up your points on this board yet, so it's no surprise to me that you turn to mankind and not God for your guidance.

Reactions: Brennin
Upvote 0