Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to post my garden pictures. I wish y'all would, too. :)

I had to replant the middle rows (Southern State's seeds ain't much to speak of), so they're a bit behind. The spring garden is popping though, and the summer garden (back of the spread) is planted, sans tomatoes and potatoes. They're coming soon.

20210428_194152.jpg

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Btw @public hermit ... what is your planting zone? I know you are further south than I am. I’m in zone 5.

I'm in 7b. I plant my spring garden in mid-late March. Sometimes it's a gamble, but I like to live on the edge, lol. ^_^

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm in 7b. I plant my spring garden in mid-late March. Sometimes it's a gamble, but I like to live on the edge, lol. ^_^
I knew you were a daredevil! ;) I start in house if it is coming from seed. Otherwise it is a trip to the greenhouse and planting around Mother’s Day.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I knew you were a daredevil! ;) I start in house if it is coming from seed. Otherwise it is a trip to the greenhouse and planting around Mother’s Day.

I probably should start my seedlings, but I'm either too lazy or, I'm just too lazy. But, true story, I always think I should plant starters and not seeds.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I probably should start my seedlings, but I'm either too lazy or, I'm just too lazy. But, true story, I always think I should plant starters and not seeds.
I’ve done both but have not noticed much difference in my area either way. I have some seedlings in my sunroom but it It’s always risky given the critters I have that go in and out of my house. I have a trusted greenhouse owned by people I go to Church with. I’m willing to pay for their effort and less stress for me given I foster so many animals.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nice! Looks well on its way. Just finished watering mine. What all are you growing this year?

The spring garden in the front: cabbage, collards, two rows of lettuce, spinach, onion, and a couple beats. :)

The early summer garden in the back: okra, summer squash, zucchini, egg plant, cucumber, green beans, tomatoes, and potatoes. They're just starting to pop.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For what I’m planting, still too early for my planting zone. But I will post my babies As the time comes! Super excited! :D

Did you get yours planted? What do you have in the ground?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you get yours planted? What do you have in the ground?
I have several varieties of tomatoes, cucumbers, several varieties of peppers, zucchini, and yellow squash. Then I have my flowers and fruit trees and bushes. :)

Everything veggie is planted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I considering changing how I garden using perma-forsting techniques. I was surprised to learn I was already using these for some of our gardens, our tree gardens. Still our land is heavy in clay and shale so very few vegetables can be grown in this soil without pre-treating them. I thinking of growing lettuce in garden soil bags. Then when the season over dump the bag into the grass and feed the grass.

• Informative
Upvote 0