Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bush may not have done everything right, but we were never on the verge of a total collapse and our grandchildren was never saddled with a $50,000 debt the day they are born. You can't continue to blame Bush forever. But the early indoctrination of our youth is really showing up now. The entitlement crowd thinks they have found their future with handouts. The liberal teachers and professors are working overtime to turn the heads of those thinking rationally and turn them to the side of entitlements.

A little sanity has come through with what has happend in WI and maybe the rest of the nation will kick all the union thugs out and stop this downhill slide of entitlements - the people getting the best retirements, healthcare and benefits are the blood sucking people that the average worker is paying for and can't afford for themselves. Time to put a stop to it and get some fair policies going that will not bankrupt our country.

Upvote 0
P

Publius

As well as over-seeing (or actually turning a blind eye) to the current economic meltdown

How did he do that?

he must surely be regarded as the worst US president ever for lying about the WMDs

Did all of the Democrats and all of the intelligence sources who told him Iraq had WMDs lie, too?

In what way was he a worse president than Carter or Obama?

SharonL said:
Bush may not have done everything right, but we were never on the verge of a total collapse and our grandchildren was never saddled with a $50,000 debt the day they are born.

I didn't even like Bush and was one of his harshest critics, but I'd still rather have him than the idiot who's in office now.

You can't continue to blame Bush forever.

But that's all they've got. "Everything I've screwed up is all Bush's fault but I get to take credit for everything good that Bush did that benefits me" seems to be Barry the Bum's daily mantra.

A little sanity has come through with what has happend in WI and maybe the rest of the nation will kick all the union thugs out and stop this downhill slide of entitlements - the people getting the best retirements, healthcare and benefits are the blood sucking people that the average worker is paying for and can't afford for themselves. Time to put a stop to it and get some fair policies going that will not bankrupt our country.

Agreed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cooch

Oct 8, 2006
Cookardinia
✟15,964.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In Australia Aboriginal women who had children with a European often had that 'half-caste' child taken from them. This is known here as "The Stolen Generation". The idea was that a half-European child would be better off with a 'white' education, etc.

Funnily enough, the proponents of that belief cannot name just 10 children out of the 50,000 that were genuinely "stolen".

Every single example so far put up turns out to have been taken into care for the same reasons that any sensible society takes children into care now. Abuse. Neglect. Abandonment.

Nor can they show us one single government document demonstrating that this was government policy, as is claimed.

This historical myth is causing huge damage right now because it has become so politically incorrect for government to take serious action over aboriginal child welfare that children are being left in situations where they are repeatedly raped and abused. The political will is simply lacking while politicians (of various colours) make capital out of it..

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Funnily enough, the proponents of that belief cannot name just 10 children out of the 50,000 that were genuinely "stolen".
You've obviouly never heard of the HREOC report into the Stolen Children.
There's a link to it here. It's more than 10 years old, so I've no idea why your info is so behind the times.
Every single example so far put up turns out to have been taken into care for the same reasons that any sensible society takes children into care now. Abuse. Neglect. Abandonment.
Excepting that 'abuse' covered the very fact of living in an Aboriginal community.

My own situtation, and I'm not Aboriginal: I was born out of wedlock in 1967. My mum has told me of social worker-types who came to her to ask her to put me up for adoption because simply having me out of wedlock proved to them she was an unfit mother.

Your argument would have justified their action on the basis of simply being termed 'unfit' – without any criticism of what that actually entailed.

The situation for Aboriginal women was worse, because Aboriginal women weren't even 'citizens'.
Nor can they show us one single government document demonstrating that this was government policy, as is claimed.
See above

Anyway, check out the report. It will bring your theory up to the 20th century at least.

The 21st century entails a government that has publically acknowledged its own complicity in this - Kevin Rudd said sorry

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Bush may not have done everything right, but we were never on the verge of a total collapse and our grandchildren was never saddled with a $50,000 debt the day they are born. You can't continue to blame Bush forever.

Where do you think the money came from for the bail-out of the banks?

Upvote 0

EddyMabo

May 27, 2012
✟628.00
Faith
Atheist
Bush might not have been the best President, but the worst one is in office now...hands down

How are we measuring worse because Obama has killed a lot less people than most of the other presidents.

Bush may not have done everything right, but we were never on the verge of a total collapse and our grandchildren was never saddled with a $50,000 debt the day they are born. You can't continue to blame Bush forever.

Trillions of dollars in murdering people abroad has nothing to do with how hard the US was impacted by global recession?

But the early indoctrination of our youth is really showing up now. The entitlement crowd thinks they have found their future with handouts. The liberal teachers and professors are working overtime to turn the heads of those thinking rationally and turn them to the side of entitlements.

A little sanity has come through
Yeah higher education is a big conspiracy theory to indoctrinate the youth to a culture of entitlements. Obviously you have a firm grasp of what is and isn't sanity.

This historical myth is causing huge damage right now because it has become so politically incorrect for government to take serious action over aboriginal child welfare that children are being left in situations where they are repeatedly raped and abused. The political will is simply lacking while politicians (of various colours) make capital out of it..

Actually you're wrong and the evidence is overwhelming so I suggest you read a history book or go to a museum or library.

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Actually you're wrong and the evidence is overwhelming so I suggest you read a history book or go to a museum or library.

I think it's an extremist view to deny that the stolen generation happened. I believe even the uber-conservative Liberal Party acknowledge it happened

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.