Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday I went off to the park and shared the Gospel with some people. At one stage I went over to the pump track (scooter and bike track) and told four teenagers the Gospel. While I was doing this, one boy decided he had had enough and continued to ride his bike. But then he would come back and listen for a few seconds and be off again. He was rather distracting. Near the end he came back again and said that he did not believe in Jesus and that all that stuff was just rubbish. I then said to him, "You don't believe in Jesus? Look at your t-shirt." He was wearing a black t-shirt with a full-sized picture of Jesus with his hands out. The young man was shocked. He did not even realise what he was wearing. From then on, he stayed and listened and at the end I was able to do the builder built the building, the painter painted the painting, and the creator created the creation argument with him. He was still hostile but at least it gave him something to think about. I thought it was great how he was shocked and then went silent and listened to the remained of what I had to say.

I also said the Gospel to a man and lady whose kids were playing on the swings. I was really encouraged as they seemed as though their eyes were opened. After, they were saying to me that they were really thankful for what I had to say. The lady even had tears. So, it was great to see.

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday I had another experience that was not so funny. I was in the park, and I went up to a man and lady who were sitting. I aksed if they wanted to do a 60 second challenge to win a block of chocolate (this leads to the Gospel). The guy said, "No. I do not want to do the challenge" and the lady said that she was already a Christian. I then went to leave but thought I could ask the lady one last question about her Christian walk. The man then stood up and said in an angry loud voice, "Hay mate! We just told you to bugger off and so get lost and don't bug us!" I was shocked at his excessive response and the lady was also shocked. She said told the man that I was only being nice but this made him angrier and so I just said to them that I would leave them to enjoy their day.
His response was a pretty big shock. I have shared the Gospel hundreds of times, and it is a rear occasion to get someone like that. It did shake my courage a little. I have had people swear at me a number of time but just his anger was a real shock. He went from placid and calm to extreme anger. So, a real turn around.

• Wow
Reactions: David Hunter
Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟336,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow! We just never know who we will run into. Maybe he had a demon or just a very hard heart. But he clearly seemed to be convicted without you really even talking to them.

Upvote 0