alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There's a professor in the English department here called William Blake! Isn't that awesome? I wonder if his name influenced his career choice, or if his parents were just literary nuts who forced it upon him from his birth.

I also know a couple grad students with the last name Hu. So when they finish, they'll be Dr. Hu! :clap:

I'm sure every school has some funny coincidences like that. Do you know of any.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a friend who had a history professor with the last name Stoner. A friend from church has a professor with the last name Pintas (not sure how it's spelled) that rhymes with Pinches and apparently he's not a very nice guy, lol.

I don't think I've had any weird ones..

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,802.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There's a professor in the English department here called William Blake! Isn't that awesome? I wonder if his name influenced his career choice, or if his parents were just literary nuts who forced it upon him from his birth.

I also know a couple grad students with the last name Hu. So when they finish, they'll be Dr. Hu! :clap:

I'm sure every school has some funny coincidences like that. Do you know of any.
My university has a Dr. French, and she teacheds, of all possible subjects, anthropology. And a female biology professor at my univeristy is Professor Hooker.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Oates.... he was my newswriting professor.

Dr. Smouse is one of the IST professors. (he really is smiley too! lol)
the music professor is named Doug Starr, haha

ummmm... there really isnt any more funny ones.
one of the English teachers is named Lomando- its kind of a funny name. She is so sweet. Most of us call her Anna, by her first name.

Upvote 0

desert_island_1

Be Transformed - Romans 12:2
Mar 4, 2004
Alberta
✟20,541.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My psych prof. is named A. Ho. Say that one five times fast.
My history prof. has a last name that translates to 'No Church' or 'New Church' depending on how you translate it to English.
I have another prof. whose last name is Doell, pronounced Dole, like the pineapple (which he points out himself)

Kristy

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,802.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
This wasn't a professor, but my mom works in insurance and there was a uroligist named dr. butts....
There is a Dr. Butz in the math department at my university.

Upvote 0