Fun Thread: Whoever Posts Last is King/ Queen of the Thread!!! (20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseyK

A Daughter of the King
Mar 19, 2007
New Castle DE
✟150,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning everyone :wave: Queen Rose is back.

Queen Rose declares that on this Valentine's Day.......gifts of flowers and chocolates and precious jewels would be nice. ^_^

On a serious side.....I am leaving for Ohio (for work) around dinner time tonight and staying til Wednesday early evening. Could you all keep me in prayer for travel safety and that my time at the home office will be unstressful. We are supposed to be getting more snow on Monday and Tuesday.

Upvote 0

missmsdancearama

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 17, 2008
Schaumburg, Illinois
✟184,697.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good Morning Queen Miss M says
HappyValentinesDaySmiliesHearts-1.gif

Upvote 0

RoseyK

A Daughter of the King
Mar 19, 2007
New Castle DE
✟150,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning MissM, Queen Rose has been working on getting her home back in order. Last night I cleaned the kitchen, the day before the bathrooms. I am not sure of who left me a bigger mess to clean up....my daughter or my dog.

Plus I am still trying to catch up on my sleep.

Upvote 0

missmsdancearama

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 17, 2008
Schaumburg, Illinois
✟184,697.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Queen Miss M says Good Morning. If you run out of rooms to clean Rosey there is always my house that needs cleaning too. I tried to get some extra sleep but it didn't work too good.

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I tried to get extra sleep and wondered why I was so tired.

We had carbon monoxide poisoning. The alarm went off early this morning around 5 AM, so we opened the windows and ran outside to get some cool clean air - it had just rained. The air felt delicious.

I am feeling better now. We have to buy a new furnace now.

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas, which is highly toxic to humans and animals. It consists of one carbon atom and one oxygen atom, connected by a covalent double bond and a dative covalent bond. It is the simplest oxocarbon, and is an anhydride of formic acid.

In coordination complexes the carbon monoxide ion is called carbonyl.

Carbon monoxide is produced from the partial oxidation of carbon-containing compounds; it forms when there is not enough oxygen to produce carbon dioxide (CO2), such as when operating a stove or an internal combustion engine in an enclosed space. Carbon monoxide burns with a blue flame, producing carbon dioxide. Despite its toxicity, coal gas, which was widely used before the 1960s for domestic lighting, cooking and heating, had carbon monoxide as its main constituent. Some processes in modern technology, such as iron smelting, still produce carbon monoxide as a byproduct.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus (23 September 63 BC – 19 August AD 14) was the first emperor of the Roman Empire, which he ruled alone from 31 BC until his death in AD 14. Born Gaius Octavius Thurinus, he was adopted posthumously by his great-uncle Gaius Julius Caesar in 44 BC, and between then and 31 BC was officially named Gaius Julius Caesar. In 27 BC the Senate awarded him the honorific Augustus ("the revered one"), and thus consequently he was Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus. Because of the various names he bore, it is common to call him Octavius when referring to events between 63 and 44 BC, Octavian (or Octavianus) when referring to events between 44 and 27 BC, and Augustus when referring to events after 27 BC. In Greek sources, Augustus is known as Ὀκτάβιος (Octavius), Καῖσαρ (Caesar), Αὔγουστος (Augustus), or Σεβαστός (Sebastos), depending on context.

The young Octavius came into his inheritance after Caesar's assassination in 44 BC. In 43 BC, Octavian joined forces with Mark Antony and Marcus Aemilius Lepidus in a military dictatorship known as the Second Triumvirate. As a triumvir, Octavian ruled Rome and many of its provinces as an autocrat, seizing consular power after the deaths of the consuls Hirtius and Pansa and having himself perpetually re-elected. The triumvirate was eventually torn apart under the competing ambitions of its rulers: Lepidus was driven into exile, and Antony committed suicide following his defeat at the Battle of Actium by the fleet of Octavian commanded by Agrippa in 31 BC.

After the demise of the Second Triumvirate, Octavian restored the outward facade of the Roman Republic, with governmental power vested in the Roman Senate, but in practice retained his autocratic power. It took several years to determine the exact framework by which a formally republican state could be led by a sole ruler; the result became known as the Roman Empire. The emperorship was never an office like the Roman dictatorship which Caesar and Sulla had held before him; indeed, he declined it when the Roman populace "entreated him to take on the dictatorship". By law, Augustus held a collection of powers granted to him for life by the Senate, including those of tribune of the plebs and censor. He was consul until 23 BC. His substantive power stemmed from financial success and resources gained in conquest, the building of patronage relationships throughout the Empire, the loyalty of many military soldiers and veterans, the authority of the many honors granted by the Senate, and the respect of the people. Augustus' control over the majority of Rome's legions established an armed threat that could be used against the Senate, allowing him to coerce the Senate's decisions. With his ability to eliminate senatorial opposition by means of arms, the Senate became docile towards his paramount position. His rule through patronage, military power, and accumulation of the offices of the defunct Republic became the model for all later imperial governments.

The rule of Augustus initiated an era of relative peace known as the Pax Romana, or Roman peace. Despite continuous frontier wars, and one year-long civil war over the imperial succession, the Mediterranean world remained at peace for more than two centuries. Augustus expanded the Roman Empire, secured its boundaries with client states, and made peace with Parthia through diplomacy. He reformed the Roman system of taxation, developed networks of roads with an official courier system, established a standing army (and a small navy), established the Praetorian Guard, and created official police and fire-fighting forces for Rome. Much of the city was rebuilt under Augustus; and he wrote a record of his own accomplishments, known as the Res Gestae Divi Augusti, which has survived. Upon his death in AD 14, Augustus was declared a god by the Senate, to be worshipped by the Romans. His names Augustus and Caesar were adopted by every subsequent emperor, and the month of Sextilis was officially renamed August in his honour. He was succeeded by his stepson and son-in-law, Tiberius.

en-coloring-pictures-pages-photo-statue-of-emporer-augustus-p6953.jpg

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

RoseyK

A Daughter of the King
Mar 19, 2007
New Castle DE
✟150,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Queen Rose is back.....sorry I wasn't here yesterday.

Yesterday was really busy. Started at the dentist to finish my crown....finally (kept getting postponed due to the snow), then went to the personal trainer, then food shopped and finished up the day cleaning my office and upstairs hallway. I think I am the weakest person at the gym....but I think working out might help me to get rid of the nerve damage and hopefully get me some of my strength back. Somedays it is so hard to lift the coffee pot.

So now, all I have left to clean is my bedroom.

The numbness is back on my right side. (my leg and arm) When I was away in Ohio, I noticed that my right arm was ice cold and my left arm was warm (normal). I am also noticing that sometimes when I am talking, I can't get the words out.....my brain shuts off and I can't think of the right word that I want to use.

I am gonna call my family doctor on Monday. Could you keep me in prayer. thanks :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.