United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

In 1947, Bishop Fulton Sheen forewarned what no one thought possible for these times.

"He will come disguised as the Great Humanitarian; he will talk peace, prosperity and plenty not as a means to lead us to God, but as an end in themselves," Bishop Sheen warned.

"He will write books on the new idea of God to suit the way people live...

Continued below.
Fulton Sheen’s Clear Warning About the Anti-Christ

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,692,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think we are at he end of Christendom? Not meaning Christianity or the Church but the foundation of our economic, political and social principals? Are these changes what is going to usher in the Anti-Christ? He said these things on a 1947 radio broadcast.

Was he a prophetic voice?

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes i think we are at the end of christendom, and maybe the advent of antichrist. Of all the moments in history in which we could of lived we live in these troubled awful times. It saddens me but then i think what a great moment to witness and to think that God created us and bestowed us with faith for these times its is sad we live in these times but also a great privelage

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟807,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I was thinking about how corrupt things are now and wondering if the end is near, but then I watched a documentary about different times in history and there were some pretty awful times in the past with plenty of corruption and deviancy. That wasn't the end of time, so now I'm not sure.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are two anti-christs; One right before the beginning of Messianic Reign, and one at the end of Messianic Reign.

The 'Two Witnesses', in Revelation 11, are the Jewish and Catholic Churches. The Jewish Church fell to Satan's power at the time they Crucified Jesus. The Catholic Church falls to Satan's power right before Messianic Reign. God is going to breath new life into the Catholic Church, as we go into Messianic Reign. Jesus will Rule with and through His Church, the Catholic Church, for 33,000 plus years on earth. As God Ruled over Israel from the Exodus to the Fall of Israel in 587 B.C., now Jesus will Rule with and through His Church, the Catholic Church, in Jesus' Kingdom Come on earth.

Yes we are there. All we have to do is get everyone into the Wedding Garment, which Jesus has issued His Church, in His Divine Mercy Feast Day, and we are good to go into Christ's Kingdom Come, 'The Golden Era for Mankind'. And Jesus will wipe away His Brides every tear.

Revelation 11:3 The Two Witnesses

"I will commission my two witnesses to prophesy for those twelve hundred and sixty days, wearing sackcloth." These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. If anyone wants to harm them, fire comes out of their mouths and devours their enemies. In this way, anyone wanting to harm them is sure to be slain.
They have the power to close up the sky so that no rain can fall during the time of their prophesying. They also have power to turn water into blood and to afflict the earth with any plague as often as they wish. When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the abyss will wage war against them and conquer them and kill them... ...But after the three and a half days, a breath of life from God entered them......Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet. There were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world now belongs to our Lord and to his Anointed, and he will reign forever and ever." The twenty-four elders who sat on their thrones before God prostrated themselves and worshiped God and said: "We give thanks to you, Lord God almighty, who are and who were. For you have assumed your great power and have established your reign...

Nicholas of Fluh

made this prediction in the15th century."The Church will be punished because the majority of her members, high and low, will become so perverted. The Church will sink deeper and deeper until she will at last seem to be extinguished, and the succession of Peter and the other Apostles to have expired. But, after this, she will be victoriously exalted in the sight of all doubters."

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you think we are at he end of Christendom? Not meaning Christianity or the Church but the foundation of our economic, political and social principals? Are these changes what is going to usher in the Anti-Christ? He said these things on a 1947 radio broadcast.

Was he a prophetic voice?

I would say our economic systems have not been Christian for at least 100 years, with the change from Christian to Anti-Christian starting in the Renaissance

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0