Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Fullness of the Spirit, or more correctly; full of the Spirit! What is it? That is, if you instantly became an eyewitness to it for yourself or someone else, what is the possessor of this proximity experiencing? Is it a stimulant, or some euphoric experience? My feeling with such terms is, while these may be present, His fullness exceeds these, but I'm unsure to what measure "without measure" (John 3:34) becomes?

Most of us are familiar with some of the terms that accompany this, both what proceeds it and the fruit that occurs while in it. The one that comes closest for me is the one that is clearly without substitute,

'I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day' (Revelation 1:10)​

I still ask, for surely the Apostle was 'full' prior to this event!

If AOG forum parameters could permit and if you will, relax 'in the Spirit' for this question, everyone's spiritual encounter, I would like to invite those, , All insights welcome.

God bless!

Reactions: quietbloke

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The glad acceptance of an enablement from the Living Lord of whatever gift that may be, concludes with the same for everyone - 'righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost'. Lookout, for surely thereafter if not consecutively, comes along that state of being filled. Truly, 'old things past away' is no longer a wish, but empowerment.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
While true, we do earnestly contend for our 'sure election' 'holding fast' and contending for the 'good fight of faith', , sounds as if the more we press, the better for our foundation in Christ. But, in the collective thought of scripture's 'sound doctrine', two things are continual, our love for each other (gravity Rom 12:15) as well as guarding ourselves from a lukewarm condition, the better part of one's spiritual gain of fullness' advance is to also reserve throwing this enormous task of care to Him.

"If anyone teaches another doctrine and does not draw near, , holding godliness to be a means of gain, , But godliness with contentment is great gain." "Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you."
(1 Timothy 6:3,5,6, 1 Peter 5:7)​

Is that a sign of retreat? No, we don't flee the care, only the weight of it and all those listed in ch 6. Remember, the weight of it is committed to He who 'sticks closer than a brother'. NOW the press can continue in a place knowing the One who is 'touched with the feelings of our infirmities'. All such folk have excellent prospects for receiving from God.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." (Ephesians 6:10)​

Holding fast therefore to the sights of soundness, gravity and contentment, Hallelujah!

Last edited:
Upvote 0