Full Time Preaching

The Snood King

May 10, 2004
New South Wales
✟114.00
Faith
Christian
The question you ask about juggling so many areas is very subjective. Depending on your levels of stress and support. For example are you the sole preacher or part of a team of preachers? What I have found is that there are no easy solutions. One thing is very important, Jesus Christ would not want you to kill yourself for ministry. Too many Ministers have sacrificed families, children and their own health for the " Call of God" don;t become another statistic. Enjoy life and do the best you can with the time you have available.

Be Blessed

Upvote 0

beckyc

catwoman
Apr 20, 2004
California
✟15,118.00
Faith
Baptist
I have the same challenge. While I'm not a pastor, I work fulltime under one for 5 years now. What I've observed is that my pastors both take and encourage us to take solitude days about 2 times a year. This is time alone and uninterupted. Which in this profession is virtually unheard of. Take the time to refresh, you'll need it to remain sensitive to the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have a lot of stress with all of the jobs I must do, which I don't think I need to go into a long list ^_^ Anyhow, the best way to refresh yourself is to be alone with God and pray. Admire the wonderful world he has made, and spend time with him. As The Snood King said, don't neglect family and such for Jesus. Even He took breaks!

As for balance, you will have to pray for that one. Everyone is called to do things in different amounts, thats between you and God.

Upvote 0
S

SarahAblaze06

Things can get crazy these days with so mayn pressing things. remember that you family, the ones you have made covenant with and plegdes before God with, comes first. THEN, the others come. i heard it told so greatly one time tho...taht people try to put importance litsts of things in their life...God, wife, kids, ect ect ect.. but it shoudnt b e liek that---its more like a wheel.. there are times for this and times for that but the constant is most deeply the Lord. i can't say how to juggle it all seeing as i'm not their yet.. take a bubble bath or something =) just kidding! spend some peaceful time with God. dont talk much..jsut rest in him. oooo do that as youfall asleep its teh coolest!! just totally be thinking aoubt God and everyhting and get all into the spirit and then literally REST in Him. sounds cheesy and immature/elementary kinda but it is soo powerful! - well maybe i will come back with better advice later

Upvote 0