Full of questions??????

MCGar

Oct 16, 2007
✟15,323.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi guys! :) I have a few questions I hope you can help me out with.

I understand that Ministry is a vocation that certain people are called to in certain ways. My question is, what if the spouse isn't called in that certain way? What I mean is, would it be a big problem if a husband was called to be a minister to a certain faith while the wife held different beliefs? Would she be required to participate fully in the church he ministers to, or would she be allowed to continue on her path while being a support at home to her husband?

Does it depend on the opinions of the congregation or elders?

I've always wondered this. So I hope someone could help me out.

Thanks!!

mrscplus

Jul 8, 2007
Toronto
✟8,162.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I found that when DH was sensing a call to a different congregation, I did too.

I firmly believe that I am as called to be his wife, as he is called to the ministry. I can't imagine what we would have done if I didn't share the vision of ministry.

Your role in the ministry should reflect who you are. You are his wife, not the unpaid assistant. DH has always maintained that he expects no more out of me than any other member of the congregation. I've never led worship, or sat on a "busy" committee. My passion is children's ministry, and that is where I have served. I don't work in the kitchen or pour tea.

Pray, pray and then pray together. God will let both of you know if this is the direction he is taking you.

Upvote 0