Nanjing, China
✟69,843.00
Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a momentous time to live in , this year has been like no year, I have ever lived through.

I am seeking to share first of all with the body of Christ and then with the wider world.

This study/open letter has been written from a biblical viewpoint and has been proofread and checked by a dearly beloved black brother.

I know that what I say may upset people, I am prepared for this. Please share this with all your social media groups, contacts and please print out and share with your church members. If you wish to place in your local newspaper, please feel free to do so.

Let me say I love people of every colour, my wife is Chinese

WHAT TRULY MATTERS TODAY

Our world is facing some very troubling times. Man, in his depravity has chosen to reject the gospel and live on his own terms. The result has created a world filled with chaos and confusion. Racism is not the problem; it is the symptom. The real problem is sin. Man is depraved, and on his best days he falls short of the glory of God.

The only cure for sin, racism, discrimination and hatred is Christ. He is still the answer. As Christians, we must show the world what real love looks like. There should be no sign of racism or bias among those who believe in Christ. Regardless of colour, we are all members of the Body of Christ, and we are all one in Him. A Christian who discriminates against others because of the colour of their skin, brings shame to the gospel which speaks love, forgiveness, but also preaches that there is a day of judgement and justice for all

Christians are not called to transform the world through politics or other natural means. We are called to proclaim the truth of the gospel, and look to God to change the hearts of men/women by His power.

As long as man chooses to live apart from God, our society will only get worse. The timeless truth of the scriptures is just as relevant today as they were hundreds of years ago.

So, what does the Bible have to say in these times:

First of all, let's get this right, all forms of racism are wrong, whether in thought or action. Remember your thoughts are seen by God, your motives are seen by God. (Read I John)

When God saves people, he does not look at the colour of people's skin; remember what God told Samuel when he was looking at Jesse's sons. God looks at the heart of man, and not his outward appearance. We have to look at people how God looks on them, God does not save on a colour basis, his mercy and grace is poured out on us, just because he loves us.

How can we who have received God’s mercy and grace, not show mercy and grace to others?

Will we be judge for the way we treat others? In the judgement, Jesus separates the sheep from the goats. His reason for separating them was based on how they treated those who were different.

We are told to renew our minds by the word of God, that means we must get rid of the world's stinking thinking, every thought that opposes God must be taken into captivity 2 Corinthians 10:4-5.

Let me address something. Any Christian of whatever colour supports or holds affiliation with organizations that promote any type of racism, such as the KKK and the ilk, members of these organisations need to be told to leave the church. If you as a pastor know of any members who are doing this, they should be lovingly confronted of their sin and be subject to biblical discipline.

We are told by some that they are seeking justice for years and years of discrimination and I understand that there is deep hurt and pain caused by the actions of certain people, each and every community can point to this and that wrong. There is deep and real hurt, people think there is no justice, people think no one sees these injustices.

But God sees all the injustices, he doesn't miss anything and he will see that justice is done. We are not to take justice into our own hands, to do this is sin. However, we are to stand up for those who are mistreated and who suffer injustices.

To the rest of us, we are told in Romans 12-14 to respect the authorities that are over us. The Apostle Paul was writing to Christians in Rome, an empire that was pagan and anti-Christian. Paul was saying to the Roman Christians, you should be obedient to the authorities, look at what he was saying, be obedient to Nero! Are you joking!? He's a nutter, I'm not obeying him. But he was saying this. Whether we like it or not, we are to be obedient to those over us, firstly in a secular sense and also in a spiritual sense. Pastors have to teach the truth such as Romans 13

So, what are Christians to do:

They are to examine their lives in the light of Scripture; if we are truly a church and an individual like our Saviour, then we won't have one scrap of Racism in us.

Here are some things, you can do

First of all, we are to repent of every thought and action of racism and pride. God hates pride. He detests it, whether in speech or action. Remember, we can hide our thoughts from everyone except God. He sees everything. We need to come into a renewed relationship with God through repentance and faith. Proverbs 6:16-19

Secondly, we have to surrender our hearts to God, and love like Christ has called us to. We have to love deeply, not just to our own communities, but to people of other communities. We are not told just to love black people, white people or Chinese people. Love does not look at colour, it sees above colour.

Thirdly, we have to serve each other, and not just to people of our own colour, but to go outside of our race and serve those both in the body of Christ and outside.

Have you any friends, who are of a different colour? If so, why not?
When was the last time you really served brothers and sisters of another colour?
What would happen if a black person walked into your white only church? Or a white person walked into your black only church?

BTW The church should not be classified by colour, it's time to stop having our white only and black only churches

Another thing we can do is forgive. If we do not forgive, God will not forgive us, that stands for communities, churches and individuals. How many times are we told to forgive?. Look at the millions of sins, God forgives us, but we can't forgive others. Bitterness will destroy your life and the life of your community, let it fester and it will eat away at society until that society is nothing but skin and bones.

Pray, you know this seems like the easiest thing to do, but in reality, it is the hardest thing to do. When Moses prayed in Exodus 17, he had to have his arms lifted up. Prayer is hard work. Prayer comes at a cost. Consider Jesus, Paul, Daniel and others.

Respect authority, Romans 13 states that the government is the minister of God to us (Romans 13:2). If you resist the government and government agencies, then you resist what God has divinely appointed. Every Christian, the only time we should disobey the government is when it requires us to renounce our faith.

Finally, we as Christians, have to share the gospel. The greatest need for every human is to have a new heart. Christ saves and He transforms, people's lives. Jesus is the only One who can turn our hearts from hate to love as the supernatural love of God floods our hearts.

One reason why our society appears to be in shambles is because the church has failed go into all the world and make disciples of all men. We are called to be salt and light, but the salt has lost its purity and many churches are not lighting the world. We need to re-dedicate ourselves to the Great Commission and declare the love of God to a fallen human race.

Read James 2 vs 1-13.

Let me ask you a question, what would happen if a white person and a black person came into your church, would you give the white person the best seat and let the black person take the back seat?

Black Lives Matter (AS DOES EVERYONE'S) to God and they should matter to those of us who are His children. When we start treating every race with love, dignity and respect, we will see transformation in our society, and such issues like abortion, rape, and murder will decline…there is an organization in America runs a program that instils love and confidence in black teenagers. The crime rate, and pregnancy rate among those who participate in the program is zero. 100% of the teenagers attend college, and many of them come back to mentor others who go through the program. Transformation, not legislation is the answer.

A question for black lives matter:

My question is , do the lives of the 1,000 black babies aborted every day matter? Why not protest about that?

Why aren't you weeping for those poor souls?

Instead of taking a knee, why aren't we flat on our faces before God in repentance?

As Christians, let us be the light to the world by showing unconditional love to all regardless of their colour.

There is an answer to racism..

It's called the

GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST

Let's proclaim it and live it.. amen

God bless you

KK

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

Righteousness, The Strength of Christ Under Assault

Rev. Armen Thomassian

sermonaudio.com/sermon/122621152912488

Our Refuge & Strength

H. P. McCracken
| The Psalms

sermonaudio.com/sermon/12522148143116

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with everything, we can't go forward if we keep looking back. There are so many things that we can do to show our love in action in our own community. Many years ago our church youth group would go to help the elderly with yard work, housework anything they needed. That was mission in action. Now days it seems that the time is spent for themselves, games, trips etc.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟483,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christians are not called to transform the world through politics or other natural means. We are called to proclaim the truth of the gospel, and look to God to change the hearts of men/women by His power.

Amen! This is a very important point in today's America.

Upvote 0