Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ministry of the Spirit is the ministry of the Person who brings with Him "freedom".
And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Cor. 3:17)

How do we know that this "freedom" inherent in the Lord Spirit is freedom from the law?

We know because the ministry of the letter of the Ten Commanments was a
ministry of condemnation.
And the new covenant ministry is one of divine life empowering within unto righteousness.

Who has also made us sufficient as ministers of a new covenant, ministers not of the letter but of the Spirit;
for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (2 Cor. 3:6)

So where the Spirit of the Lord is (the Spirit being the Lord Jesus Christ) there is FREEDOM
from the killing letter of the commandments and the condemnation that they can only bring.

Is then the ministry of the Spirit, of the living resurrected Christ a ministry of sinning or lawlessness? Absolutely not.
It is a ministry of RIGHTEOUSNESS.

much more the ministry of righteousness abounds with glory. (v.9)

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is"
has to be the Lord Spirit dispensed into
more and more of the chambers of our heart - mind, emotion, will, memory, imagination, inclination, reaction, intention, etc.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom from the law, the killing of the Commandment's letter, and the condemnation of
inevitable failure.

• Agree
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Freedom from the law . . . Can you imagine the Son of God wanting us to have freedom from the law?
I think "freedom from the law" for you can only mean sinning, trangressing, lawlessness, and acts of unrighteousness.

But Second Corinthians says "where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom".
And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Cor. 3:17)

The ministers of the Spirit (v.6,8) are therefore to minister freedom.
The
ministers of the Spirit are not to minister bondage but freedom.

Who has also made us sufficient as ministers of a new covenant, ministers not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Moreover the new covenant ministry of the Spirit is the ministry of RIGHTEOUSNESS
though the Spirit brings freedom from the law.

How shall the ministry of the Spirit not be more in glory?
For if there is glory with the ministry of condemnation,
much more the ministry of righteousness abounds with glory. (vs. 8,9)
I believe the scripture and there are no contradictions to the scriptures, just misunderstandings.

Sin is breaking God's law

1 John 3:4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”

The role of the law is to show us our condition.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

And so we are not relying on our righteousness but God's

Psa 119:172 My tongue shall speak of Your word,
For all Your commandments are righteousness.
Isa 48:18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

We have two choices- either being a slave to sin or a slave to Christ our obedience leading to righteousness

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Being a slave to Christ leads to freedom, no longer under the bondage of sin but free to walk in Him in obedience to God which is in harmony with His will- God's law in our hearts and minds Psa 40:8 Heb 8:10

If we are breaking God's law we are not living in His Spirit- it is living in flesh and that is the carnal mind.

Rom 8:4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh (sin) set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the [c]carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Freedom in Christ is keeping His commandments because it means we have overcome sin living in Christ- hence why the Ten Commandments is called the law of liberty. Breaking one commandment is like breaking them all.

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the scripture and there are no contradictions to the scriptures, just misunderstandings.

Sin is breaking God's law

1 John 3:4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
It is true that breaking of the Ten Commandments as the law is sinful and being without law - lawlessness.
However, when the Lord Spirit enters there are commandments within our hearts to abide in His living guidance.
And to practice to go against them is also lawlessness.

This would not be the law of Moses but the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

To not be lawless in First John is more related to not practicing to abide in Him.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”
This SIN [singular] is about the NATURE. Paul would not realize that there is a SIN NATURE except God gave the commandments.
It is then in his desire to keep the commandments to his amazement he found in his flesh and in his members a STRONGER
evil personified rebel. This evil personified principle automatically drags him down and away from keeping the commandments.

for neither did I know coveting, except the law had said, “You shall not covet.”
But sin [as a nature], seizing the opportunity through the commandment, worked out in me coveting of every kind; for without the law sin is dead. (Rom. 7:7b,8)

For I delight in the law of God according to the inner man,

But I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind
and making me a captive to the law of sin [as a nature] which is in my members. (vs. 22,23)

In this he saw that God gave the law to EXPOSE the SIN NATURE. Man needs for God to impart into his being, his innermost spirit a STRONGER law. That stronger law is a resurrected Person who is the Spirit of divine life - Christ Himself.

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from the body of this death?
Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! (7:24,2ba)
There is now then no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.
For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death. (8:1,2)

The role of the law is to show us our condition.
Yes, it certainly does.
And where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.
And where the Spirit of the Lord is dispensed into our being there is also righteousness in our living.
The requirement of the law which is just can be fulfilled in our walk.

First John says the same thing. The Christians must locate Him within and abide in Him to live as He lived.
He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk even as He walked. (1 John 2:6)

And now, little children, abide in Him, so that if He is manifested,
we may have boldness and not be put to shame from Him at His coming. (1 John 2:28)

The commands of the indwelling Spirit of Christ are too many and too minute even on a finer and finer level
to be codified. But they are commands and the are the law of life against which we must not be lawless in that sense.

Because of the life power inherent in the nature of Christ being within us like "power steering" these commandments are not
burdensom. Grace is Christ being in us everything we need.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. (1 John 3:5)

His SEED is His life and nature - a sin overcoming life which cannot fail to manifest righteousness and express God in man.

Everyone who has been begotten of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been begotten of God. (1 John 3:9)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Thankyou. That is good to remember.

And so we are not relying on our righteousness but God's

Psa 119:172 My tongue shall speak of Your word,
For all Your commandments are righteousness.
Isa 48:18 Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

We have two choices- either being a slave to sin or a slave to Christ our obedience leading to righteousness

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?
This is also good to point out that the FREEDOM the Spirit brings on the other hand is
a slavery to righteousness. Of course in the govenment of God, the kingdom of God righteousness, peace, and JOY in the Holy
Spirit are its characteristics.

There is no burden but there is serving the Lord.
There is in abiding in Him the spontaneous flowing of grace - righteousness and joy in this new servitude to the living
available God-man who is the Spirit.
Being a slave to Christ leads to freedom, no longer under the bondage of sin but free to walk in Him in obedience to God which is in harmony with His will- God's law in our hearts and minds Psa 40:8 Heb 8:10
You notice then how Paul did not want to be found having his own righteousness which was of the law.
But he would be ever and always found in the righteousness which is out of faith - Christ being EVERYTHING he needed.

And be found in Him, not having my own righteousness which is out of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is out of God and based on faith, (Phil. 3:9)

Formerly he had been more zealous for the Law of Moses then we could imagine.
Now he counted that as dog food, dung, refuse in comparison to being found gaining more and more of Christ.

But what things were gains to me, these I have counted as loss on account of Christ.
But moreover I also count all things to be loss on account of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord,
on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse that I may gain Christ (Phil. 3:7,8)

This is the same attitude of Second Corinthians.
The old covenant of law keeping was killing, of fading glory, a ministry of death and of condemnation.
Paul was absorbed in it as a Pharisee.

Now seeing the resurrection Christ, the Lord with whom is freedom, he counts his
past pedigree as a law keeping zealot as dung and refuse. The preciousness of the excellency
of knowing the living indwelling Christ outshines the old covenant.

His only desire now - to GAIN Christ.
The GAINING of Christ in Phillippians corresponds to the transformation of
the beholder of Christ into His image from glory - to glory - to glory - to glory.
That is transformed by degrees into Christ's image by turning our whole heart unvieled to gaze into His face within our spirit.

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:17,18)

How we need to log more time ABIDING in Him.
How we need more time beholding and reflecting Him.

Thanks for a thoughtful detailed post.
I must suspend for the moment and leave other replies for latter.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

This is also good to point out that the FREEDOM the Spirit brings on the other hand is
a slavery to righteousness. Of course in the govenment of God, the kingdom of God righteousness, peace, and JOY in the Holy

There is in abiding in Him the spontaneous flowing of grace - righteousness and joy in this new servitude to the living

You notice then how Paul did not want to be found having his own righteousness which was of the law.
But he would be ever and always found in the righteousness which is out of faith - Christ being EVERYTHING he needed.

And be found in Him, not having my own righteousness which is out of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is out of God and based on faith, (Phil. 3:9)

Now he counted that as dog food, dung, refuse in comparison to being found gaining more and more of Christ.

But what things were gains to me, these I have counted as loss on account of Christ.
But moreover I also count all things to be loss on account of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord,
on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse that I may gain Christ (Phil. 3:7,8)

The old covenant of law keeping was killing, of fading glory, a ministry of death and of condemnation.

Now seeing the resurrection Christ, the Lord with whom is freedom, he counts his
past pedigree as a law keeping zealot as dung and refuse. The preciousness of the excellency

the beholder of Christ into His image from glory - to glory - to glory - to glory.
That is transformed by degrees into Christ's image by turning our whole heart unvieled to gaze into His face within our spirit.

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:17,18)

Paul said our obedience leads to righteousness - we can only be made righteous by Christ. We are made righteous by faith and that is believing and trusting in God and living by every Word that proceeds from His mouth. Mat 4:4 It's hard in my humble opinion to make the case that we have faith in Christ, but not faith to do what He asks. That shows one is relying on self and not Christ.

Yes, we are in the New Covenant now which is established on better promises Heb 8:6, not better laws. The New Covenant still has God's law written in the hearts and minds of His people. Heb 8:10 Which is why it is still sin to break the Ten Commandments Romans 7:7 breaking one is like breaking them all James 2:10-12 and Jesus in His own Words said not to break the least of them or to teach others to break and showed what it means to live by the Spirit of the law quoting from the Ten Mat 5:19-30 which means a change of heart where sin starts. If we remove anger from the heart "thou shalt not murder" would automatically be kept. Jesus in His own Words said our hearts are far from Him when we keep our rules over the commandments of God again quoting from the Ten Mat 15:3-14 Jesus kept the commandments John 15:10 and lead by example- our example to follow Heb 4:15 1 Peter 2:21-22 1 John 2:6 and with our cooperation and obedience to Him through faith and love 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31 He gives us His Spirit so we don't have to do so alone. John 14:15-18

Appreciate the chat and God bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is true that breaking of the Ten Commandments as the law is sinful and being without law - lawlessness.
However, when the Lord Spirit enters there are commandments within our hearts to abide in His living guidance.
And to practice to go against them is also lawlessness.

This would not be the law of Moses but the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

The Ten Commandments are the commandments of God- Jesus reminds us of this clearly in His teachings Mat 15:3-13 Mark 7:7-8

God alone wrote the Ten Commandments- not Moses. This is God's work His writing.

Exo 32:16 Now the tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God engraved on the tablets.

Deut 4:13 So He (God) declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Exo 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He (God) wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Deut 5:22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

God is perfect and His law is perfect for converting the soul. Psa 19:7 You can't make something that God wrote with His own finger more perfect.

Only the Ten Commandments was placed inside the ark Deut 40:20 that sits under His mercy seat. I wouldn't want to remove anything under His mercy seat as we won't be covered by His mercy and grace. The earthy temple was a copy of God's heavenly Temple Heb 8:1-5 Rev 11:19 and what all man will be judged by breaking one we break all James 2:10-12 . If we stumble and fall we have Jesus as our High Priest to go to for forgiveness and sanctification- once He forgives He says go and sin no more. Our salvation is from sin Mat 1:21 and through Jesus we can keep His holy commandments and live in His Spirit which is given to those who obey Acts 5:32

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Paul is not referring to the Ten Commandments passing away, he was referring to Moses who face was shining by being in the presence of God that was fading.

2 Cor 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,

Exo 34:29 Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the Testimony were in Moses’ hand when he came down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him.

The ministry of death is breaking God's law Romans 6:23 but we have another option- God’s law in our hearts and we can keep His commandments through Jesus Christ John 14:15-18 which reconciles us back to Him Rev 22:14

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ten Commandments are the commandments of God- Jesus reminds us of this clearly in His teachings Mat 15:3-13 Mark 7:7-8

God alone wrote the Ten Commandments- not Moses. This is God's work His writing.
Then God became a man. And in resurrection the man became the life giving Spirit to live in His redeemed.
[T]he last Adam became a life giving Spirit. (1 Cor. 15:45)
Exo 32:16 Now the tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God engraved on the tablets.
These were the tablets of stone that are now surpassed by the writing of Christ into hearts by the life giving Spirit.
. . . you are a letter of Christ ministered by us, inscribed not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tablets of
stone, but in fleshy tablets of the heart. (2 Cor. 3:3b)

Rather than Christ bringing again the tablets to us with the finger written law from God, He is the element as ink
inscribed into man. The dispensing of Christ as "ink" - the life giving Spirit into man is the ministry of righteousness.

How it surpasses the ministry of death, the letter that kills.
Gives life is opposite of kills.

[God]
Who also made us sufficient as ministers of a new covenant, not of letter,
but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (2 Cor. 3:6)

Deut 4:13 So He (God) declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.
And in the ministry of the new covenant, that which God wrote on stone tablets is eclipsed by the ministry of
God HIMSELF as "a life giving Spirit" into man to give divine life from within by the very resurrected Christ.

The first covenant is of fading glory and is being done away.
The new covenant subsists in glory and is better than that "ministry of death."

Now if the ministry of death, in letters engraved in stone, came in glory, so that the sons of Israel
were not able to gaze at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, which was being done away,
How shall not rather the ministry of the Spirit be in glory?

For if the ministry of condemnation came in glory, much rather the ministry of righteousness abounds in glory. (2 Cor. 3:7-9)

Do you feel good about the Word of God uttering these things in the New Testament?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exo 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He (God) wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.
And Moses came down with a glory shinning face with those tablets. He was happy that it enhanced his authority vindicating
he was really sent by God and communed with God face to face.

But he noticed this glory on the surface of his face was a fading one. He did not want the Israelites to notice this
as we can understand that. But come the new covenant of God Himself becomming a man, dying a redemptive death, and rising
to impart God Himself into man - THIS ministry of the Spirit abounds in glory unfading. And it ministers divine life and nature
into man.

Knowing the surpassing unfading glory of the new covenant, the apostles (and all us believers) need not be timid but bold - bolder than Moses with the veil he thought to use.

Having therefore such hope, we use much boldness, and are not as Moses, who put a veil on his face,
that the sons of Israel should not gaze unto the end of that which was being done away. (2 Cor. 3:12,13)

Do you feel a great "Amen!" in your heart at these words of God in the New Testament?
I certainly do and need to more and more.

Deut 5:22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

God is perfect and His law is perfect for converting the soul. Psa 19:7 You can't make something that God wrote with His own finger more perfect.
That was God's wonderful word through the Psalmist. Today the seekers of God are told gazing at the glory of God shinned
into our hearts causes man to be transformed into the image of what he is reflecting like a mirror - and that in degrees successively.
This is by the freedom filled Lord who is the Spirit - Jesus Christ.

And the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.
And we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting as a mirror the glory of the Lord,
are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:17,18)

To get this flash of glory into our hearts we must TURN our heart away from all that is not Jesus TO the Lord in love.
The obscuring veil over the eyes of our heart are simply the heart turned away from Jesus the living Person.
Our heart may even be turned toward those tablets of stone written upon with the words of the Ten Commandments.

The Apostle said "When Moses is read". God wrote the law and to read it is the reading of Moses.
But unto this day, whenever Moses is read, a veil is lies on their heart;
But whenever it turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. (2 Cor. 3:15,16)

This does not mean Christians should not read the Torah.
But our heart has to be turned to the Person of the living Lord Jesus beholding the glory of God in His face.

A heart turned completely to the Lord Jesus is a pure heart. A pure heart is a heart that is single.
A pure heart is a heart that has only God Himself as our goal.
You reminded of the words of Jesus in Matthew and Mark.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (Matt. 5:8)

A pure heart is a heart with one goal - the Lord Jesus.
A pure heart is an uncomplicated heart with many motives or many goals.
Like the eyes of a dove who gazes intently on ONE THING.

In our coming to any part of the Bible we have to turn our heart
TO the Lord Jesus with the Lord Jesus as our only aim - our only intention and goal.
Then the veil covering our mind will be removed.
And like a camera with the dark lid removed the FLASH of the Christ of glory will shine into our hearts.

If our heart is not turned to the living Lord Jesus even though we read the law or the New Testament
a veil of darkness remains over our mind. The heart that is single will see God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only the Ten Commandments was placed inside the ark Deut 40:20 that sits under His mercy seat.
Latter the rod of Aaron that budded (resurrection) and a sample of the manna from heaven in a golden pot
we also placed in the Ark.

These two items were important to a memorial and pointed to Christ.
He is the manna "What is it?" from heaven as our food.
And all sticks as rods of the leaders were put together overnight.
Unlike all the other rods, Aaron's rod BUDDED fresh almonds the next day.

This pointed to Christ as the resurrected one alone qualified with the priestly authority.
His authority being based upon His resurrection from the dead. What a Christ!

And after the second veil, a tabernacle which is called the Holy of Holies,
Having a golden altar and the ark of the covenant . . . in which were the golden pot that
had the manna and Aaron's rod that budded, and the rables of the covenant. (Hebrews 9:3,4)
I wouldn't want to remove anything under His mercy seat as we won't be covered by His mercy and grace.
King James translated it as "mercy seat". I prefer the versions which have it as "the propitiatory cover" or "propitiatory lid".
And the resurrection of Christ signified by the budding rod speak of God's grace - the grace of life.
And the manna in the golden pot speak of Christ as God incarnate coming down from heaven as "the bread of life"
To eat Him is to receive His life power which is grace - grace upon grace.

The significance of these items then in the tabernacle in the wilderness at least, were very significant.

Jehovah God told Moses to place the budding rod of Aaron into the ark. (Numbers 17:10)
Jehovah God instructed Moses and Aaron to keep a sample of the manna "before Jehovah" and "before the testimomy". (Exodus 16:32-34)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul is not referring to the Ten Commandments passing away, he was referring to Moses who face was shining by being in the presence of God that was fading.
He was referring to the old covenant ministry passing away. The symbolism he used under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, was
the fading of the glory on Moses's face. Which fading Moses felt to CONCEAL. Are you also concerned to conceal the fading
splendor of the ministry of the law of God? Seriously.

For if there is glory with the ministry of condemnation, much more the ministry of righteousness abounds with glory.
For also that which has been glorified in this respect has not been glorified on account of the surpassing glory.

For if that which was being done away with was through glory, much more that which remains is in glory. (2 Cor. 3:9-11)

1.) The ministry of condemnation did come with glory.
2.) The ministry of righteousness though continually abounds in glory.

Many of the verses you point me to are reminding me how the ministry of the first covenant came in glory.
There is no argument that that is so.

3.) Though the ministry of condemnation came in glory it is surpassed by the glory of the ministry of righteousness - the new covenant
ministry.
4.) Neither you, nor I, nor the Israelites should resist that glory "is being done away."
5.) Whereas the glory of the new covenant ministry REMAINS in glory.

Many of the verses you immediately remind me of seem to be your way of protesting - "No, No, that fading glory is not being done away. Look here. Look there. It was from God. It can never fade in glory or be done away."

When do you actually read these oracles of God in the New Testament and say "AMEN" to them.
Are you resisting this "being done away" with protest "It is not being done away"?
If I were you I would take this fear to the Lord Jesus and pour out my heart to Him.

"Lord Jesus, I don't like that Your apostle said the glory of the first covenant is being done away. Lord didn't You
say not one jot or tittle would pass from the Law ?"

We have to be shown from the Lord that though the truth of the law will not pass away, the
ministry of the Spirit dispenses God Himself into man. This is always been what God is interested in.
It is profound and was unveiled to mankind gradually.

And the two covenants accomplished this. The new covenant abounds in glory whereas the old covenant faded in glory.
God is not less righteous. God is not less wanting man to be perfected. Now He has come to live within to be the
supply to meet the demand. That is GRACE - the Triune God being for man whatever man needs and whatever God needs.

2 Cor 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
The glory on his face represents something in the passage. Doesn't it?
Paul is not simply concerned with the fading glory on the skin of the face of Moses.

He uses that historical picture under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. He uses that event as an allegory of
the fading of the glory of the old covenant ministry. [my caps below]

For if there is glory with the MINISTRY OF CONDEMNATION, much more the MINISTRY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS abounds with glory.
For also that which has been glorified in this respect has not been glorified on account of the surpassing glory.

Exo 34:29 Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the Testimony were in Moses’ hand when he came down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him.
When Moses found out about the fearful glory on his face he appreciated. It made him more
vindicated as being sent by God. Then he discovered that it was a FADING glory. And the FADING part he did not
want them to see. He put a veil over his face so that they could not see this FADING. He removed it when he would
go before God again to get a fresh dose of this phenomenon.

Please read it carefully.

And when Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.

But whenever Moses went in before Jehovah to speak with Him, he would remove the veil until he came out; and when he came out and spoke to the children of Israel what he had been commanded,

The children of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone. Then Moses would put the veil back on his face until he went in to speak with Him. (Exodus 34:33-35)

The ministry of death is breaking God's law Romans 6:23 but we have another option- God’s law in our hearts and we can keep His commandments through Jesus Christ John 14:15-18 which reconciles us back to Him Rev 22:14
The other verses you point to are wonderful. Do not attempt to make me seem to be debating against those other verses.

"The ministry of death" in this chapter - Second Corinthians - is that which was engraved on stone for
Israel to muster up their strength to obey. And it is what is meant by
"whenever Moses is read."

You see because this cannot be denied you attempt to make me appear to be arguing against something ELSE
which is true - like John 14:15-18 or Romans 6:23. Please do not do this. This is too crafty. This is using
the sleight of men, in craftiness with a view to a system of error, (Eph. 4:14)

The new covenant ministers should not walk in craftiness or adulterate the word of God as Paul testifies.
We should want to be healthy and normal ministers of the new covenant.

Therefore having this ministry as we have been shown mercy, we do not lose heart;
But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every conscience of men before God. ( 2 Cor. 4:1,2)

What then is meant by "the ministry of death" there?
the ministry of death, engraved in stone in letters, (2 Cor. 3:7)

I would remind you that because the wise God knew that this demand could only be
partially kept by sin filled descendents of Adam that with the commandments
He instructed the OFFERINGS. This offerings had to do with atoning, expiatory sacrifice, to substitute animals
for the failure of those who received His law to keep the commandments.

These offerings point to the future of the Son of God being everything we need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then God became a man. And in resurrection the man became the life giving Spirit to live in His redeemed.
[T]he last Adam became a life giving Spirit. (1 Cor. 15:45)
Amen
These were the tablets of stone that are now surpassed by the writing of Christ into hearts by the life giving Spirit.
. . . you are a letter of Christ ministered by us, inscribed not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tablets of
stone, but in fleshy tablets of the heart. (2 Cor. 3:3b)

God’s law is perfect for converting the soul Psa 19:7- it would be impossible for God to make something God personally wrote with His own finger imperfect which is why in the New Covenant- it is still a sin to break the least of these commandments thus saith the Lord Mat 5:19-30 Rom 7:7

The Ten Commandments went from tables of stone to tablets of the hearts. Will there ever be a time we can worship other gods? If you answer no to this first question and commandment one would know clearly we are not to break the least of these just as Jesus taught. Breaking one we break them all James 2:10-12

This is what the New Covenant is about and why its based on better promises, Heb 8:3 not better laws- because it has God doing, He empowers us to keep His commandments through faith and love 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31. We need the same faith of Jesus Rev 14:12 and Jesus kept all of the commandments - who is our example to follow Heb 4:15 John 15:10 taught to keep them Mat 19:17-19 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13, Mat 5:19-30. Did Jesus misspeak? We are supposed to live by every Word and follow Him as He is the Way and led by example- our example. 1 John 2:6

Rather than Christ bringing again the tablets to us with the finger written law from God, He is the element as ink
inscribed into man. The dispensing of Christ as "ink" - the life giving Spirit into man is the ministry of righteousness.
The Holy Spirit is the one who inscribes His law in our hearts and His ministry is righteousness which is why what God wrote and spoke is righteous Psa 119:172 Isa 56:1-6 and Truth Psa 119:151 and His Truth and Righteousness never change as this is His character and He changes not. Heb 13:8

His Spirit is also the one who convicts us from breaking these laws John 16:6 Romans 7:7 and calls us out of rebellion Heb 3:7-8 if we hear His voice. He speaks to us through His Word Romans 10:17 and it is the guide to our path Psa 119:105, not following the popular teachings of man Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8 Which lead most to break God’s righteous and holy commandments.
How it surpasses the ministry of death, the letter that kills.
Gives life is opposite of kills.
And Jesus gave an example of what this looks like quoting right from the Ten Commandments (obviously didn’t end) as prior to giving us the examples from the Ten He tells us not to break or teach others to break the least of these as it will affect our status in heaven, Mat 5:19

Jesus is applying the Ten Commandments to our thoughts and feelings as this is where sin (Rom 7:7) starts, and He gives an example of two of them directly quoting from the Ten. This is an example of living the law written in our hearts and minds (Heb 8:10 NC) giving an example from two commandments but says not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments, which means we are to keep all and apply this teaching/principle to all Mat 5:19. No where is Jesus telling us we can break the letter of the commandments- He makes this clear not one dot of an i can be changed. Mat 5:18.

Matthew 5:21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

What Jesus is teaching here, that we need to change our thoughts before they turn into actions. If we change our thoughts and feelings of contempt and anger toward our neighbor to love and compassion, thou shalt not murder would automatically be kept. Jesus is not teaching its okay to murder as long as we don't have anger. It is impossible to keep the spirit of the law by breaking the letter. It's something the carnal mind can't understand according to Paul. Rom 8:7-8

This is living by the Spirit, the spirit of the law is greater, not lessor than the letter. The letter just shows us our sin Rom 7:7 Rom 3:20 so we don’t depend on our righteousness but God’s Psa 119:172. Most people depend on their version of righteousness, not God’s God loved us so much He literally spelled it out for us and than placed it in our hearts and minds and gives us the power to keep His holy and righteous commandments John 14:15-18

It’s so arrogant in my opinion to think we know better than He and change even the smallest dot of an i from what God divinely personally wrote as no one is above our God, our Creator and Redeemer. The Ten Commandments is the only law that identifies God as our Creator and identifies His Authority and why do you think there is such a battle to teach we don’t need to keep. What spirit is this coming from. Isa 14:14. 1 John 3:8 John 8:44 God's people keep God's commandments Rev 12:17 Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14

Why do you think Jesus taught in vain they worship Me teaching traditions as if they are the commandments of God. Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8 It comes down to authority. Do we follow God’s Authority or follow man controlled by the spirit we are warned about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He was referring to the old covenant ministry passing away. The symbolism he used under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, was
the fading of the glory on Moses's face. Which fading Moses felt to CONCEAL. Are you also concerned to conceal the fading
splendor of the ministry of the law of God? Seriously.

For if there is glory with the ministry of condemnation, much more the ministry of righteousness abounds with glory.

For if that which was being done away with was through glory, much more that which remains is in glory. (2 Cor. 3:9-11)

1.) The ministry of condemnation did come with glory.
2.) The ministry of righteousness though continually abounds in glory.

Many of the verses you point me to are reminding me how the ministry of the first covenant came in glory.
There is no argument that that is so.

3.) Though the ministry of condemnation came in glory it is surpassed by the glory of the ministry of righteousness - the new covenant
ministry.
4.) Neither you, nor I, nor the Israelites should resist that glory "is being done away."
5.) Whereas the glory of the new covenant ministry REMAINS in glory.

Many of the verses you immediately remind me of seem to be your way of protesting - "No, No, that fading glory is not being done away. Look here. Look there. It was from God. It can never fade in glory or be done away."

When do you actually read these oracles of God in the New Testament and say "AMEN" to them.
Are you resisting this "being done away" with protest "It is not being done away"?
If I were you I would take this fear to the Lord Jesus and pour out my heart to Him.

"Lord Jesus, I don't like that Your apostle said the glory of the first covenant is being done away. Lord didn't You
say not one jot or tittle would pass from the Law ?"

We have to be shown from the Lord that though the truth of the law will not pass away, the
ministry of the Spirit dispenses God Himself into man. This is always been what God is interested in.
It is profound and was unveiled to mankind gradually.

And the two covenants accomplished this. The new covenant abounds in glory whereas the old covenant faded in glory.
God is not less righteous. God is not less wanting man to be perfected. Now He has come to live within to be the
supply to meet the demand. That is GRACE - the Triune God being for man whatever man needs and whatever God needs.

The glory on his face represents something in the passage. Doesn't it?
Paul is not simply concerned with the fading glory on the skin of the face of Moses.

He uses that historical picture under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. He uses that event as an allegory of
the fading of the glory of the old covenant ministry. [my caps below]

For if there is glory with the MINISTRY OF CONDEMNATION, much more the MINISTRY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS abounds with glory.

When Moses found out about the fearful glory on his face he appreciated. It made him more
vindicated as being sent by God. Then he discovered that it was a FADING glory. And the FADING part he did not
want them to see. He put a veil over his face so that they could not see this FADING. He removed it when he would
go before God again to get a fresh dose of this phenomenon.

Please read it carefully.

And when Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.

But whenever Moses went in before Jehovah to speak with Him, he would remove the veil until he came out; and when he came out and spoke to the children of Israel what he had been commanded,

The children of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone. Then Moses would put the veil back on his face until he went in to speak with Him. (Exodus 34:33-35)

The other verses you point to are wonderful. Do not attempt to make me seem to be debating against those other verses.

"The ministry of death" in this chapter - Second Corinthians - is that which was engraved on stone for
Israel to muster up their strength to obey. And it is what is meant by
"whenever Moses is read."

You see because this cannot be denied you attempt to make me appear to be arguing against something ELSE
which is true - like John 14:15-18 or Romans 6:23. Please do not do this. This is too crafty. This is using
the sleight of men, in craftiness with a view to a system of error, (Eph. 4:14)

The new covenant ministers should not walk in craftiness or adulterate the word of God as Paul testifies.
We should want to be healthy and normal ministers of the new covenant.

Therefore having this ministry as we have been shown mercy, we do not lose heart;
But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every conscience of men before God. ( 2 Cor. 4:1,2)

What then is meant by "the ministry of death" there?
the ministry of death, engraved in stone in letters, (2 Cor. 3:7)

I would remind you that because the wise God knew that this demand could only be
partially kept by sin filled descendents of Adam that with the commandments
He instructed the OFFERINGS. This offerings had to do with atoning, expiatory sacrifice, to substitute animals
for the failure of those who received His law to keep the commandments.

These offerings point to the future of the Son of God being everything we need.
Paul is contrasting the letter versus the Spirit, the ministration of death versus the ministration of the Spirit. The ministration of condemnation versus the ministration of righteousness.

The Ten Commandments law is not the old covenant that was done away with. The application of the law changed, not the law itself. This was accomplished through Christ when He delivered us from the curse of the condemnation and death Romans 6:23 On the tablets of stone the literal letter of the law demanded death. The same law written on the heart through the action of the Holy Spirit brought grace, pardon and the power to obey. This was the exceeding glory of the ministration of righteousness- Christ. The Ten Commandments went from tables of stone to tablets of the heart and the Holy Spirit enabling us to obey Him through love and faith. John 14:15-18 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31 Rev 14:12 which is why its still a sin to worship others gods, vain His holy name covet, murder or break the least of these. Jesus in the NC is now our High Priest so instead of giving an animal sacrifice for sin, we can go to Him for forgiveness and sanctification. When He heals- He says go and sin no more. Through Him we can gain victory over sin and walk in His Spirit which is not an enmity against His law. Romans 8:4-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen

God’s law is perfect for converting the soul Psa 19:7- it would be impossible for God to make something God personally wrote with His own finger imperfect which is why in the New Covenant- it is still a sin to break the least of these commandments thus saith the Lord Mat 5:19-30 Rom 7:7
God's law which is perfect and converts the soul is called by the time of the coming Jesus Christ - "the ministry of condemnation" and "the ministry of death" and the letter that kills. These two facts are not mutually exclusive.

I would like to soon get to the matter of what it means for Jesus to fulfill the law.
(Matt. 5:17)
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill. (v.17)
Maybe you wrote something on that. I wish to also, soon.

The Ten Commandments went from tables of stone to tablets of the hearts. Will there ever be a time we can worship other gods? If you answer no to this first question and commandment one would know clearly we are not to break the least of these just as Jesus taught. Breaking one we break them all James 2:10-12
If you get saturated with the Spirit of Christ you will be LESS LIKELY to worship an idol.
Idolatry is still hated by God.
Do you know many things can become an idol.
Some things which can ALSO become idols replacing the living God -

The SELF
Mere Bible knowledge.
Spiritual gifts
Doctrines even right ones, yet with no enjoyment of Christ.

Yes idoloatry is still a lie and an abomination.
The effective dealing with idolatry is in having our hearts permeated with reality - a Person - a resurrected Person.

This is what the New Covenant is about and why its based on better promises, Heb 8:3 not better laws- because it has God doing, He empowers us to keep His commandments through faith and love 1 John 5:3 Romans 3:31. We need the same faith of Jesus Rev 14:12 and Jesus kept all of the commandments - who is our example to follow Heb 4:15 John 15:10 taught to keep them Mat 19:17-19 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-13, Mat 5:19-30. Did Jesus misspeak? We are supposed to live by every Word and follow Him as He is the Way and led by example- our example. 1 John 2:6
There is so much truth to this paragraph. And I would also point you to Hebrews 9:12. It says our hearts need to be cleansed from . . .
"DEAD WORKS".
How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Heb. 9:14)

The consciences of these Jews zealous to go back to temple sacrifices and law keeping withdrawing from Jesus were defiled
with
"dead works."

If you shift nervously at Second Corinthians chapter 3 you will really have a hard time in the book of Hebrews.
The writer tells the Jewish believers hesitating to not leave the old Judaism that they need to be forgiven for dead works.

We must be enlarged to comprehend the law of God was spiritual, good, holy, righteous (per Romans 7:12)
So then the law is holy, and the commandment holy and righteous and good. (7:12)
That is not WAS holy but IS still holy. Right?

But the keeping of it in deference to coming completely to the Son of God become the doing of
"dead works."
This book of Hebrews was written to rescue those who were wishy-washy Jewish disciples (probably in Jerusalem) who
were going back to
"dead works" from the grace of God in Christ. And this defiled their Christian conscience!

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit is the one who inscribes His law in our hearts and His ministry is righteousness which is why what God wrote and spoke is righteous Psa 119:172 Isa 56:1-6 and Truth Psa 119:151 and His Truth and Righteousness never change as this is His character and He changes not. Heb 13:8
The law, Paul says, IS . . . holy, and the commandment holy and righteous and good. (Rom. 7:12)
It appears that you are unable to see that it IS such yet became a fading ministry of condemnation.

The enscribing in hearts Paul describes as the new covenant is the element of God Himself - as ink
staining, permeating, and cut into human psychological hearts.

Now it is quite profound. There are two original copies of these letters of Christ in Paul's explanation.
One original copy is the church in Corinth which his ministry produced by God.
The other original copy is a duplicate on the hearts of the apostles.

This is quite profound and only those with experience can really comprehend some of it.
But on a perhaps smaller level, when we minister Christ to someone it seems that we can never forget that ministering.
Christ is dispensed into them. And a copy is upon our own hearts.

Anyway this letter of Christ matter is Christ as God in the form in which He can be dispensed into man's being - staining his
inward parts like INK - living supernatural INK which is actually the Lord Himself.
[T]he last Adam became . . . ? What?

Now Amen the word of God. "[T]he last Adam became a life giving Spirit" ( Cor. 15:45) - the INK of the staining element of God Himself
as the resurrected God-man the Lord Jesus. This is living ink. This INK is "the Spirit of the living God."

Since you are being manifested that you are a letter of Christ ministered by us, inscribed not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tablets of stone but in tablets of hearts of flesh. And such confidence we have through Christ toward God, (2 Cor. 3:3,4)

His Spirit is also the one who convicts us from breaking these laws John 16:6 Romans 7:7 and calls us out of rebellion Heb 3:7-8 if we hear His voice. He speaks to us through His Word Romans 10:17 and it is the guide to our path Psa 119:105, not following the popular teachings of man Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8 Which lead most to break God’s righteous and holy commandments.
Yes the Holy Spirit convicts. That is DEMAND. There is also SUPPLY. There is DEMAND met by the SUPPLY.
In the old covenant there was the demand yet not supply.
The new covenant is the SUPPLY of the Rigteous One Himself dispensed into those who have been formerly condemned.

There is now then no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. (Rom. 8:1)

Previously Paul explains how he was under and striving to keep the law which is holy, and the commandment
which is holy and righteous and good. It ended up terribly. It ended with this extremly dedicated and Torah loving
Pharisee tbe left only with self loathing with wretchedness, let alone guilt before God.

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from the body of this death?
Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord! Rom. 7:24,25a)

The Deliverer from this wretched body of sin in the members revolting at every turn from the law
is a Person. Only a WHO can deliver us. "Who will deliver me . . . "

As it is with the new covenant the Who is the last Adam. After He lived a perfect life for us, accomplished an
eternal redemption for us, went to intercede for us at the right hand of God for eternity, and also became
a life giving Spirit
to enscribed Himself into us, we can say wretchedness is being changed to gloriousness.

And Jesus gave an example of what this looks like quoting right from the Ten Commandments (obviously didn’t end) as prior to giving us the examples from the Ten He tells us not to break or teach others to break the least of these as it will affect our status in heaven, Mat 5:19

I hope I can dedicate a post very soon to Matthew 5:17-20.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill.

For truly I say to you, Until heaven and earth pass away, one iota or one serif shall by no means pass away from the law until all come to pass.

Therefore whoever annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called the least in the kingdom of the heavens; but whoever practices and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens. (Matt. 5:17-20)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

What Jesus is teaching here, that we need to change our thoughts before they turn into actions.
Yes indeed. And our reaction should be - "Lord Jesus without You being in me as the God dispensing "life giving Spirit" I'll never make it.
If we change our thoughts and feelings of contempt and anger toward our neighbor to love and compassion, thou shalt not murder would automatically be kept.
Without the Lord enscribing Himself into our emotions we will be play actors - hypocrits at best.
He comes to get into the inner motive from within. For the reward of the millennial
kingdom our righteousness must be genuine Himself lived out of us.

For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens. ( Matt. 5:20)

Do you know that the kingdom of the heavens in Matthew pertains to the reward of the 1,000 year millennial kingdom?
This is a discussion of its own - that is Matthew's unique expression used pretty much by ONLY Matthew - "the kingdom of the heavens."

Anyway, to enter into its full manifestation our righteousness must come from the genuine innermost motive and inclination of
our heart. The only way our righteousness could exceed that of the law living scribes and Pharisees is that the Son of God Himself
be live in us. This is more seen in the Gospel of John. There Christ again and again seen as the life.

Let this sink into your ears. The Gospel of Matthew needs the Gospel of John.
The Gospel of high righteousness which exceeds the religionists needs the Gospel of Christ as the life.

These two evangelists compliment each other.
May I put it this way. The four gospels give four snapshots of four angles of this profound Person the Son of God.
(Now there is some overlap).

Matthew - reveals the Savior as the King.
Mark - reveals the Savior as the Slave.
Luke - reveals the Savior as the most proper Man who ever lived.
John - reveals the Savior as God Himself.

Let's put is another way.

Matthew has a burden to show Christ's givernment, administration, and kingdom - a matter of discipline.
Mark has a burden to show Christ came as a Slave to totally serve His people.
Luke has a burden to prove what God meant by "Man" is Jesus.
John has a burden to prove that this Man was God Himself.

These four angles or four snapshots of the head of the Savior.
They remind us of the four living creatures in Revelation.

And before the throne there was as it were a glassy sea like crystal; and in the midst of the throne and around the throne, there were four living creatures full of eyes in front and behind.
And the first living creature was like a lion, and the second living creature like a calf, and the third living creature had a face like that of a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. (Rev. 4:6,7)

The lion's face corresponds to Christ as the King - like Matthew's gospel.
The calf (or ox) corresponds to Christ as the Slave, the serving one - like Mark's gospel.
The man's face corresponds to Christ as a genuine supreme human being - like Luke's gospel.
The eagle's face corresponds to Christ as God eternal Himself - like John's gospel.

Matthew and Luke contain geneologies of Christ.
Mark and John have none. Why is this?

A King needs a geneology.
A proper Man needs a geneology.
A Slave however needs no geneology.
And a geneology for God Himself is a joke. He is from eternity.

I must stop here for a pause.
Amen the word of God always in everything.

Jesus is not teaching its okay to murder as long as we don't have anger. It is impossible to keep the spirit of the law by breaking the letter. It's something the carnal mind can't understand according to Paul. Rom 8:7-8

This is living by the spirit, the spirit of the law is greater, not lessor than the letter. The letter just shows us our sin Rom 7:7 Rom 3:20 so we don’t depend on our righteousness but God’s Psa 119:172. Most people depend on their version of righteousness, not God’s God loved us so much He literally spelled it out for us and than placed it in our hearts and minds and gives us the power to keep His holy and righteous commandments John 14:15-18
The Spirit is the Lord Himself. Am I right??

But whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
And the Lord is the Spirit; (2 Cor. 3:16,17a)

And we who have received Him are JOINED to Him as one mingled and blended united spirit.
But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit. (1 Cor. 6:17)

We have been firmly attached to Him together and have Him within as a pledge.
But the One who firmly attaches us with you unto Christ and has anointed us is God,
He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge. (2 Cor, 1:21)

It’s so arrogant in my opinion to think we know better than He and change even the smallest dot of an i from what God divinely personally wrote as no one is above our God, our Creator and Redeemer.
We do not want to be arrogant.
We want to realize our sufficiency is of God and not of us.
That is as recipients and as stewards to others as well.

And such confidence we have through Christ toward God,
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to account anything as from ourselves; but our sufficiency is from God, (2 Cor. 3:3,4)

This is what you mean ?

The Ten Commandments is the only law that identifies God as our Creator and identifies His Authority and why do you think there is such a battle to teach we don’t need to keep. What spirit is this coming from. Isa 14:14. 1 John 3:8 John 8:44 God's people keep God's commandments Rev 12:17 Rev 14:12 Rev 22:14

Why do you think Jesus taught in vain they worship Me teaching traditions as if they are the commandments of God. Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8 It comes down to authority. Do we follow God’s Authority or follow man controlled by the spirit we are warned about.
We must love the Lord Jesus and learn to live a mingled life with Him in a kind of "organic" blending.
That is the new covenant salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I hope I can dedicate a post very soon to Matthew 5:17-20.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish, but to fulfill.

For truly I say to you, Until heaven and earth pass away, one iota or one serif shall by no means pass away from the law until all come to pass.

Therefore whoever annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called the least in the kingdom of the heavens; but whoever practices and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens. (Matt. 5:17-20)
Since most of your post is a repeat from previous posts or new subjects I will just focus on this passage

Matthew 5:17Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

This is a prophecy fulfilled Isaiah 42:21 but fulfilled in Matthew 5:17 cannot mean the same as come to destroy i.e. to end as it does not reconcile with the next few verses, nor does it reconcile with the rest of Jesus teachings Mat 15:3-9, Mat 7:21-23, Mat 19:17-19, Mat 5:19-30.

Matthew 5:18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

So does that mean we can covet, vain God's holy name, worship other gods, break His holy Sabbath day, not if we are to believe Jesus and His teachings- not one jot or one tittle will by NO MEANS pass from the law. Jesus has not come yet, nor have many of the prophecy's in the law and prophets been fulfilled yet so not one change can be made to God's law.

Therefore:

Matthew 5:19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20 makes the case least in heaven means one will not be there as our righteousness needs to surpass the scribes and Pharisees.

And Jesus than goes on to tells us the least commandments He is referring to and quotes directly from the Ten Commandments

Matthew 5:21 “You have heard that it was said to those [d]of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother [e]without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’[f] shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, [g]‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of [h]hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

27 “You have heard that it was said [i]to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to [j]sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to [k]sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Jesus taught we should not murder or commit adultery and should not so much as even think about doing it and in doing so one is in fear of sin and judgement.

Our righteousness needs to exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees and scribes.

What did Jesus condemn of the Pharisees. Teaching commandments of man as a replacement for the commandments of God again quoting from the Ten Commandments. Jesus went so far as saying when doing so one worships in vain (false worship) and their hearts are far from Him (opposite of the NC- God's law in our hearts) and said when doing so both teacher and student end up in a ditch, which is off the narrow path as Jesus taught not to break or teach others to break the least of these commandments again quoting directly from the Ten Commandments.

Matthew 15:1 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father [a]or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

10 When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand: 11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

12 Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”

13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

This teaching from Jesus to me is solid and there is no argument against - He says plainly not to break the least of the commandments- so any teaching that we can break the least of these commandments is in direct conflict with His every Word. My allegiance is to Him, even though its not popular which He told us it wouldn't be Rev 12:17 but I would rather obey the commandments of God over the commandments of man and follow the example He left for us 1 John 2:6 also keeping the commandments of God John 15:10 and what He taught us to do as well. John 15:10 Mat 15:3-14 Mark 7:7-8 Mat 5:19-30 Mat 19:17-19. We need to live by His every Word Mat 4:4 and not just be hearers of His Word but doers James 1:22 which reconciles us back to Him Rev 22:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul is contrasting the letter versus the Spirit, the ministration of death versus the ministration of the Spirit. The ministration of condemnation versus the ministration of righteousness.

The Ten Commandments law is not the old covenant that was done away with. The application of the law changed, not the law itself. This was accomplished through Christ when He delivered us from the curse of the condemnation and death Romans 6:23
You are restricting Christ's work to only His redemptive death.
So far you strangely do not include His living within those whom He redeemed.
On the tablets of stone the literal letter of the law demanded death.
Some transgressions required death by stoning.
The same law written on the heart through the action of the Holy Spirit brought grace, pardon and the power to obey.
What is written on the fleshy tables of the heart is a Person.
You object to me repeating. But I have to.

With the Person there is the law of His life.
This was the exceeding glory of the ministration of righteousness- Christ.
Where is the word "was" used in connection with the new covenant ministry?
The PRESENT tense is used to speak of this ministry.
The Ten Commandments went from tables of stone to tablets of the heart and the Holy Spirit enabling us to obey Him through love and faith.
You object to repetition. But it is necessary.
The Person is the Spirit who is a seal and a pledge. (2 Cor. 1:22)
He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

In the letter "the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17)
And the Lord is Christ Jesus the resurrected Person.

For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, (2 Cor. 4:5)

In the following two sentences the conjunction and is used. [my caps]

AND the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (vs. 16,17)

The Jews in that present day since the resurrection of Christ when He became
a life giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45) is the Person to whom they must turn for the covering veil over
thier mind to be taken away.

Paul did not say "turn their heart to the law".
He wrote whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
AND the Lord is the Spirit.

They are under condemnation.
They are under the killing.
They are under the ministry of death where there is no spiritual divine life.
And to that present day "when Moses is read" meaning the old covenant law, they are covered with a veil.

Only the resurrected Person Who is the Spirit - Christ Jesus is able to remove the veil.
This was true then. It is true today as there are many other kinds of veils.

You are trying to make Paul say "Whenever they turn to the law."
But what he wrote under divine inspiration is "whenever their heart turns to the Lord [Jesus] . . . AND the Lord is the Spirit."

A man or women can turn their heart to the Lord by praying something like this -
"Lord Jesus, I love You Lord. Lord Jesus, I see You not. But I love You Lord. I love You because You first loved me. Lord Jesus!"

That is a good prayer to turn your heart to the Lord. And confession of sins helps you turn. Praise and thanksgiving
to God for what Jesus Christ is helps the turning. And we never turn to the Lord too much.
All the day we should be reminded to turn our hearts to enjoy the Lord.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus.
Look full into His wonderful face.
And the things of earth will grow strangly dim
In the light of His glory and grace."

• Winner
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are restricting Christ's work to only His redemptive death.
So far you strangely do not include His living within those whom He redeemed.

Some transgressions required death by stoning.

What is written on the fleshy tables of the heart is a Person.
You object to me repeating. But I have to.

With the Person there is the law of His life.

Where is the word "was" used in connection with the new covenant ministry?
The PRESENT tense is used to speak of this ministry.

You object to repetition. But it is necessary.
The Person is the Spirit who is a seal and a pledge. (2 Cor. 1:22)
He who has also sealed us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

In the letter "the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17)
And the Lord is Christ Jesus the resurrected Person.

For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, (2 Cor. 4:5)

In the following two sentences the conjunction and is used. [my caps]

AND the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (vs. 16,17)

The Jews in that present day since the resurrection of Christ when He became
a life giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45) is the Person to whom they must turn for the covering veil over
thier mind to be taken away.

Paul did not say "turn their heart to the law".
He wrote whenever their heart turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
AND the Lord is the Spirit.

They are under condemnation.
They are under the killing.
They are under the ministry of death where there is no spiritual divine life.
And to that present day "when Moses is read" meaning the old covenant law, they are covered with a veil.

Only the resurrected Person Who is the Spirit - Christ Jesus is able to remove the veil.
This was true then. It is true today as there are many other kinds of veils.

You are trying to make Paul say "Whenever they turn to the law."
But what he wrote under divine inspiration is "whenever their heart turns to the Lord [Jesus] . . . AND the Lord is the Spirit."

A man or women can turn their heart to the Lord by praying something like this -
"Lord Jesus, I love You Lord. Lord Jesus, I see You not. But I love You Lord. I love You because You first loved me. Lord Jesus!"

That is a good prayer to turn your heart to the Lord. And confession of sins helps you turn. Praise and thanksgiving
to God for what Jesus Christ is helps the turning. And we never turn to the Lord too much.
All the day we should be reminded to turn our hearts to enjoy the Lord.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus.
Look full into His wonderful face.
And the things of earth will grow strangly dim
In the light of His glory and grace."

The case you seem to be trying to make is that we can have Christ without obeying His law and it is simply is not so. If we are in Him He changes us from the inside out starting with our thoughts and feelings and we love Him so much we would have no objection to anything He asks and He asks for so little- If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

I don't understand the objection to obeying God and His law. If we have faith in Him and His every Word, why would we want to worship other gods, or vain His holy name, or bow to images or break His holy Sabbath day, covet, murder or break the least of His commandments and ignore His teachings. Mat 5:19-30 Mat 19:17-19 Mark 7:7-8 Mat 15:3-14 John 14:15 John 15:10 etc.

If we are walking in His Spirit we are not an enmity against His law- that is the carnal mind.

4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Isa 48:18)7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Sin separated man from God Isa 59:2 Jesus gave His life to pay the death penalty. If He could have just taken away the law, He would not had to of died. To continue in the same path that caused Christ death is not being in Christ or living according to His will. Psa 40:8 Heb 8:10 John 14:15 1 John 5:3 John 15:10 Exo 20:6

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Thanks for the chat.

Upvote 0