Oklahoma
✟8,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! First time posting here. I'm not sure what to start with about myself, so I guess I'll talk briefly about my story, as someone who was not raised in the church.

I first called on the the name of Christ in 2015 (at the age of 26) after a lifetime of being relatively indifferent to all matters related to religion, and basically had to learn the hard way after a life of sin that you can't outrun the Lord (big surprise).

I actually just completed a testimony video this week chronicling my life experiences that ultimately led up to my conversion, which I'll share in a link below for any who may be interested (it is quite lengthy, but the responses I've received have been overwhelmingly positive thus far).

I'm an Orthodox Christian, so I am partial to a certain perspective on a number of matters, but I suppose that's the case with everyone, depending on your presuppositions.

I'm a lover of apologetics, so I appreciate thoughtful discussions and don't mind challenging others beliefs or being challenged (as may inevitably occur in my testimony; although, despite potential disagreements with certain conclusions I present, I think there's a little something in there for everyone, whether you're Roman Catholic, Protestant, some other religion, "spiritual but not religious", or even atheist/agnostic).

I've been sharing my faith around with the hopes of inspiring people who may be on the fence spiritually to take that next step as a leap of faith, as well as to encourage those who already believe in God to invest themselves deeper and getting more serious.

I'm passionate about wanting to help others understand the things I wish I'd known sooner; to expose those in our modern culture to the ancient traditions of the Early Church; to present church history to those unfamiliar with it; to explore and understand Theology in greater depth, and, of course, to reveal the love of God.

I pray that this is edifying in some small way and I look forward to meeting new people in the near future. I welcome all feedback both positive and critical, and hopefully will get to engage in some constructive dialogue along the way. God bless you!

My Testimony:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! First time posting here. I'm not sure what to start with about myself, so I guess I'll talk briefly about my story, as someone who was not raised in the church.

I first called on the the name of Christ in 2015 (at the age of 26) after a lifetime of being relatively indifferent to all matters related to religion, and basically had to learn the hard way after a life of sin that you can't outrun the Lord (big surprise).

I actually just completed a testimony video this week chronicling my life experiences that ultimately led up to my conversion, which I'll share in a link below for any who may be interested (it is quite lengthy, but the responses I've received have been overwhelmingly positive thus far).

I'm an Orthodox Christian, so I am partial to a certain perspective on a number of matters, but I suppose that's the case with everyone, depending on your presuppositions.

I'm a lover of apologetics, so I appreciate thoughtful discussions and don't mind challenging others beliefs or being challenged (as may inevitably occur in my testimony; although, despite potential disagreements with certain conclusions I present, I think there's a little something in there for everyone, whether you're Roman Catholic, Protestant, some other religion, "spiritual but not religious", or even atheist/agnostic).

I've been sharing my faith around with the hopes of inspiring people who may be on the fence spiritually to take that next step as a leap of faith, as well as to encourage those who already believe in God to invest themselves deeper and getting more serious.

I'm passionate about wanting to help others understand the things I wish I'd known sooner; to expose those in our modern culture to the ancient traditions of the Early Church; to present church history to those unfamiliar with it; to explore and understand Theology in greater depth, and, of course, to reveal the love of God.

I pray that this is edifying in some small way and I look forward to meeting new people in the near future. I welcome all feedback both positive and critical, and hopefully will get to engage in some constructive dialogue along the way. God bless you!

My Testimony:
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.