Friendly (*ONLY) Jewish/Christian Interfaith Study - Anybody interested?

Moshe Shlomo

Be Kind, it Costs Nothing
Jun 8, 2022
Central Florida
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Hi, my name is Moshe (Moses in Hebrew). I am an Israeli citizen somewhat fluent in the Hebrew scriptures and (oddly enough) a practicing Hassidic Orthodox Jew, but I am very curious about the origins and teachings of Jesus and have been studying the Word on the internet (completely on my own) for about a year. My Rabbi and friends in my Jewish circles have no interest discussing this subject on an intellectual level, yet I have many questions that I would like to respectfully address, as my musings are purely hypothetical at this point. Although several of my family members are believing Christians (my mother converted to Judaism from Christianity), I do not yet consider myself a Christian, mostly because of the requirement to worship/pray to a human, which I believe is forbidden to Jews in the Torah, but I do see amazing parallels in the Old/New Testament scriptures and teachings of Jesus in comparison to Hassidic Jewish thought. Anybody up for a friendly exchange of information?

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, my name is Moshe (Moses in Hebrew). I am an Israeli citizen somewhat fluent in the Hebrew scriptures and (oddly enough) a practicing Hassidic Orthodox Jew, but I am very curious about the origins and teachings of Jesus and have been studying the Word on the internet (completely on my own) for about a year. My Rabbi and friends in my Jewish circles have no interest discussing this subject on an intellectual level, yet I have many questions that I would like to respectfully address, as my musings are purely hypothetical at this point. Although several of my family members are believing Christians (my mother converted to Judaism from Christianity), I do not yet consider myself a Christian, mostly because of the requirement to worship/pray to a human, which I believe is forbidden to Jews in the Torah, but I do see amazing parallels in the Old/New Testament scriptures and teachings of Jesus in comparison to Hassidic Jewish thought. Anybody up for a friendly exchange of information?

Oh, I love friendly exchanges of information. But I rarely have time to engage to the extent that I'd like to and so few actually come here for "friendly exchanges."

Probably the best thing to do in asking here on CF is to simply create a thread in the Exploring Christianity section, emphasize at the beginning that you're only wanting to engage in friendly exchange and inquiry, and place your questions there.

Oh. And welcome to CF! :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

Moshe Shlomo

Jun 8, 2022
Central Florida
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I love friendly exchanges of information. But I rarely have time to engage to the extent that I'd like to and so few actually come here for "friendly exchanges."

Probably the best thing to do in asking here on CF is to simply create a thread in the Exploring Christianity section, emphasize at the beginning that you're only wanting to engage in friendly exchange and inquiry, and place your questions there.

Upvote 0

Moshe Shlomo

Jun 8, 2022
Central Florida
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Thank you so much for your help, could you point me to that section and/or how to search on this forum?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Moshe Shlomo

Jun 8, 2022
Central Florida
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF!

As you have posted in your sig, I agree with your New Testament verse indicating that the Christians have indeed functioned as G-d's Kingdom of Priests to the world, something the Jews have not really been able to fully accomplish due to extreme antisemitism. The Christians have spread the many teachings of the Torah of Moses far and wide, and they deserve much credit for this. This world is clearly a much better place 2000 years later!

• Friendly
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As you have posted in your sig, I agree with your New Testament verse indicating that the Christians have indeed functioned as G-d's Kingdom of Priests to the world, something the Jews have not really been able to fully accomplish due to extreme antisemitism. The Christians have spread the many teachings of the Torah of Moses far and wide, and they deserve much credit for this. This world is clearly a much better place 2000 years later!

Well it is an honor to meet you, and I hope you find your time on CF to be a blessing. There is even a place here for Jewish-Christians to discuss their faith should you find faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I'm ashamed to say I haven't done as good a job at spreading His love as I should, and while the church has done a decent job at spreading those teachings as you admit. We have soooo far to go in actually living them out. May God's Holy Spirit empower all who believe to live truly transformed lives in His grace and love. Blessings my dear friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James Watson

May 12, 2022
Florida
✟35,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I would be glad to talk with you in any venue. Feel free to contact me by email. We can Skype or some other format. I have Bible studies now online and have had 3 Jews become Christians in 50 years of ministry - one took 5 years, another several years. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

Proselyte of Yah

Your Friendly Neighborhood Arian
Apr 26, 2022
Midlands
Visit site
✟24,105.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single

Shalom, nice to see you reaching out.

In respects to:

"I do not yet consider myself a Christian, mostly because of the requirement to worship/pray to a human, which I believe is forbidden to Jews in the Torah,

May I recommend, though a great majority of Christians are Trinitarian (especially so on this platform) and see Jesus as God Almighty himself, that you go about exploring different Christologies also (in a non-biased way of course).

Trinitarianism
Modalism
Unitarianism
Arianism
(etc)

I do not wish to push an agenda on you, but only to make you aware that different Christians have different views of Jesus and his role, nature, etc, and such a subject is heavily tied into the development of historical Christianity also over the centuries.

So make sure you listen to all parties to learn what you can and get a fair and equal picture.

I find that many Messianic Jews tend to find either Unitarianism popular (though I am not Unitarian), as well as Arian Christologies (which is what I lean more to personally), though there 'are' Messianic Trinitarian & Modalist Jews too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shalom, nice to see you reaching out.

In respects to:

May I recommend, though a great majority of Christians are Trinitarian (especially so on this platform) and see Jesus as God Almighty himself, that you go about exploring different Christologies also (in a non-biased way of course).

Trinitarianism
Modalism
Unitarianism
Arianism
(etc)

I do not wish to push an agenda on you, but only to make you aware that different Christians have different views of Jesus and his role, nature, etc, and such a subject is heavily tied into the development of historical Christianity also over the centuries.

So make sure you listen to all parties to learn what you can and get a fair and equal picture.

I find that many Messianic Jews tend to find either Unitarianism popular (though I am not Unitarian), as well as Arian Christologies (which is what I lean more to personally), though there 'are' Messianic Trinitarian & Modalist Jews too.
Most don’t even live up to the potential the Gospel affords. And we think subjects like this are of import?

Upvote 0