• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(for background information, refer to “To go or not to go” but don’t waste time”, esp the ‘green’ text) http://www.christianforums.com/t7660169/

Sorry I am long, I tried to shorten it already. Hope the red colored text would help.

Why I wrote? I am hurt, also, lack of someone to talk to. I tried to analyse my feeling, know myself. I think perhaps, comprehend them would give me more inner peace. At least I hope my approach is right.

Mother and her close long time friend (lets name her Vinnie), was practicing with the teacher. Teacher ask if I will have sudden mental issue. My mother doesn’t think I would have problem. Vinnie, said she is not sure, not definite. My mother told me last night Sunday.

Okay, even I want people to be on my side (we all want it, right? ) , I don’t force anyone. If you don’t agree then you don’t, can’t be force to change (if one’s mindset can be change that easy, there would be no mental health problem, people can stop feeling depress or angry, when they want to) . I don’t mind if she is not on my side.

But Vinnie don’t need to express herself, even if is not on my side. She is not my mother. I think my mother should be the one to answer the teacher question, instead of her, Vinnie. I can understand if she don’t agree. I am mainly upset that, (not because Vinnie not on my side), I am mainly upset that she gave answer. As a friend, she should keep silent. It’s means the same, as not agree, not on my side, when she said speak and mention she is not sure.

I wish I didn’t know about it. But the thing is I already know about it. I cannot pretend and I cannot brush it off, and create fake harmony, that’s personality of my family, but I am the black sheep.

Today, I tried my best to be reserve. I was going to let her see me in yukata, but I won’t. I was going to give my yukata photo to my mother to let her show it to the teacher, but I won’t. I tried to be reserve.

My mother come up to my room. I told her please leave, she still have to continue to stay for a while before she leave. Then Vinnie came to my room. I wanted to ignore her, but I was weak, I did not. I feel like I have gave it in, and that’s such an loser act. I feel like I need to stand strong to my principle and let them know.

I go downstairs to the living room, mother and Vinnie was sitting there. I hesitate about tell Vinnie of what I think. But then, they act like nothing have happen, my mother talking about the hair wig Vinnie wants to match with her yukata.

(notice: Vinnie refuse my help and I was going to help another lady, not her. Last night, mother spoke so absolute to me that she will not help out on Vinnie yukata.) It’s not like I need mother to break communication with anyone. But my mother initially told me last night she is not going to be involve in Vinnie yukata. And then yet, today they were talking about the wig matching her yukata. Perhaps you think wig is wig, yukata is yukata, but that’s not the point, the point is how my mother spoke to me.

Then I speak to Vinnie, of what I think. I said to her. To firm my principle I ask for their attention and throw the cookie she brought me in the garbage can.

I don’t think I can heal in one night, after founding out about what she said during the practice. (I cannot pretend, act as everything is fine. And I am not good at lying to myself, to my feeling. ) I feel weak, I feel I was being raving white flag, that, I did not ignore her. (and then founding out they were talking related things in the living, just really…. ) . I have to express and let them know my I will be firm to my decision.

Then conflict, argument… etc etc. My mother is upset that I am not keeping harmony. And she I am making embarrass for her and the teacher, about Sunday phone conversations (refer to the post, “To go or not to go” but don’t waste time”, esp on green color text). But yet, last night Sunday, mother I said I solve the matter right) My mother is so “first second this, next second that” (I think forgot to remind myself that….from I think of my past childhood experience). And that she always concern about harmony and relationship with others, but put me at secondary. [My uncle was verbal abusive to me, but my parents let it be, coz they don’t want to affect “harmony”(of how real) and their relationship of relatives. Then end up spoiled my uncle. He end up being physical abusive to me, choking my neck. During he did that, my family still trying to “harmonize” the situation, they said things like ‘…it’s fault, yeah, I was not right, etc etc…’. Coz they want my uncle to be able to keep his face, ‘giving’ him a stairs to walk. ….. what about me? My rights. No one stands up for me.]

Mother also said things to hurt me, she use what I told her, to hurt me. And she reveal unrelated things, to hurt me. I notice she tends to tell me things. And thinking that I will feel / think / behave like nothing happen, my mother “act” like this way (and the fake harmony), but she just keep it in until explode.

I will not speak open heart (polite claim) with my mother again, since she likes to use it against me to hurt me.

It’s not of the matter of right and wrong, (infact that’s one thing it drive me crazy).
I tried to stop my addiction to right/wrong. I tried to swift to why and the knowing the reason etc behind things. I think perhaps, comprehend them would give me more inner peace. At least I hope my approach is right.

Last edited:

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(((((((((((Littlestar)))))))))))))
Hey there sister, I don't know how old you are I am to assume that you are younger than I. Anyway, that does not matter I want to say that you are a very strong woman, believe it or not, A LOT strong than me. I don't know if you hear that enough but I thought to tell you that. And know that I am praying for your situation. :hug: :prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
That sounds really upsetting. It is hard when we hear things others say about us and sometimes it is not easy to move past them. I still at times let things get to me others have said about me or even my depression.

I personally think it is good you were honest about how you feel. If people don't know how we feel then they may always respond in a way that bothers us. It helps to let them know and maybe there will be improvement.

I can see how some comprehension would give you peace, that is totally understandable.

Praying!

Upvote 0

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have to live your own life your own way and not worry about what people think.

I dunno, I dunno if I am worry about what other people think, or that, I feel like i have to let people know what i think. And have a say. I really dunno.
All I know now, it's that I am very depress.

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
As we get older it is hard to know who we can trust with our thoughts, feelings and emotions. We want to share the truth of who we are with people yet some times they reject us or cause us harm.

I am very sorry that you are strugging with your mum and her friend at the moment. You need to do what is right for you at the moment to protect yourself and your relationship with your mum. In time hopefully things will change but at the moment you need to find peace within yourself that can reflect out in your relationships with others. By this I mean that it is hard to live in harmony with others when there is no harmony within your soul.

Please take time to find out what you want. You said youwanted to comprehend/undertsand but are you trying to undertsand themor yourself?

If you are trying to understand yourself, you need to ask yourself: do I want to forgive them? Do I want them to know how they hurt me and seek my forgiveness first? Do I want a stronger relationship with my mum or would I rather be left alone?

If you are trying to understand them then your just going to have to ask them all that you want to know and then you need to trust them that they have answered truthfully.

Either way it is not easy. I have seen a lot of relationships come and go in my life. I have been hurt by the people I love and thought I knew. I have struggled through in the hope that one day I would finally understand and the truth is I still don't because we can never really see the world the way another person does. We can only really see the world through our own lives.

Prayers and hope that you will find peace in your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums