ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by bobbygolucky
Hey all...

Discussing christianity with my friend... explaining to her why I believe and think that others need to.

Not sure how to answer some questions... I can babble... but can't find good words.

1.)She doesn't like the idea of some book telling you what is right and wrong.

She thinks people should just come up with their own morals that fit them. See she has great morals... lives by many of the same ones christians do... so I can see how it is hard for her to understand why it isn't a good idea... that all hearts aren't quite as strong and innocent as hers. So there would be a few good people, then the rest not so good and some down right terrible. She says the government is there to keep people in line. hehe. She doesn't get why people can't just come up with their own sense of right and wrong. Thinks there are just a few nutcases like hitler or the terrorists. There will always be people breaking the laws, she says.

2.)Why does she need to be saved?
She believes her parents brought her up with great morals, and they never made her go to church. I agree, they did do a GREAT job. She gets through life just fine, is a good person, and doesn't have things she feels guilty about. But that doesn't mean she doesn't need saved. I just can't really explain to her why. I'm not quite sure myself why people with outstanding morals and a big loving heart their whole life wouldn't be saved since they didn't read the bible.

in fact I have a question of my own...

3.)I've seen some extreme christian dude talking about how important it is to go preach to the third world countries or support a group that does. I'm thinking 'ok nothing wrong with that. sounds good.' But then he goes on to say that these 3rd world peoples who are starving and dying everyday often times never even once hear of the bible mentioned... and that its a shame because that means they are going to hell. Now I thought 'Wait a minute there...' I don't believe that to be true. Because these people were never even given the CHANCE in their whole lives to hear about something called christianity, let alone really find out about it or ever see a bible to read (if they can read,) that this meant they are going to hell? I don't think so miester. That doesn't sound like my god. Someone said 'well god may have placed them there because he knew they wouldn't follow him.' All of them??? There isn't 1 good person out there that hasn't heard or read the bible that will be saved??? No way. Don't buy it.

Thanks for your thoughts. If you know any good references for sites on teaching people why to believe or something similar to that, please point me to them.

~Bob

Answer to Number one: First off ask her how much good morals does it take to get to Heaven. When she answers that she does not know, say my bible gives the answer. Man shall not enter Heaven by good works alone. For if everyone could do this then Jesus died on the cross for nothing. Then ask: Do you believe that Jesus went to the cross for nothing? And from here you put into words what you need to say. It's a good idea to get a book on the Roman Road. And memorize those verses. Those questions in Romans make people look into their own soul for the answers. This is why it's so good for leading someone to Christ. If you cannot get a book on this, ask your pastor, he will be able to tell you which chapter and verses to memorize.

Answer to number two: Being brought up right is great. But the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. Being saved is like having an insurance policy. What that policy says, it will deliver on when the time comes. Ask her what her answer would be when God ask her on Judgement day: Why should I let you into my Heaven? When she finished trying to answer this tell her there is only one answer to that question. That I am cover by the blood of Jesus your son.  Good intensions, good works or good morals will not get you into Heaven.

Answer to number three: The sins of the father shall be passed down to the children. It is up to the father to tell his children about God. Most third world countries whorship idols or animals, and in some cases Satan himself(through witchcraft, voodoo etc...). Because of this these people are cursed. This is why it is important for us to support or go to these countries to pass the good news of salvation. These people may never hear this if someone does not do this or someone support someone who can do this. Missionary work is not for everyone because God has not called everyone to do it. Some of us will be blessed to be able to support it. To give to a missionary is just like giving to your church. You are supporting what God has blessed that person to do for him. And you in turn shall be blessed for giving to it. But don't let what you give to your church be interupted by giving to a missionary. This is because when you give above and beyond what God has said to give, you open doors for a big blessing.

It is good to come here to ask questions. But if you really want to know what God wants you to do ask him in prayer. Be ready to get your answer. Be more open to the guidance of the holy spirit. Usually what you first think in a situation is the holy spirit talking. The second is usually what Satan is saying. Satan is always the one who brings doubt to any situation. Let your first instincts guide you. You will find a blessing in that. Like what you said in your 3rd question. First you thought all was fine and dandy until that last comment the guy made. What do you think made you think that. The spirit or the flesh? You see God in his wisdom knows more about the situation than we do. Because of this, there will be no one going to Hell that does not belong there and no one going to Heaven that does not belong there. This is why he is called the Supreme Judge. He will know what we are thinking and whats in our hearts. There will be no one talking there way out of what their judgement is gonna be. Heaven or Hell. It's the choice we have to make. A test queston: Do you think that a voodoo doctor or a witch should go to heaven because he or she may not have ever heard of the salvation of Christ? Or should we leave that for God to decide? You see that's where we make the mistake by trying to be something we are not, the Supreme Judge.  Besides, unless you have the blood of Jesus. What chance do you have?

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.