By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟30,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Whether they realize it or not most people feel that freedom is too demanding and too unpredictable.

When God's people were led out of slavery into the wilderness, this was their mindset. They complained continually because they feared uncertainty. It is easier for a person to stay mired in what they know whether that be drugs, an ungodly lifestyle, alcohol, inappropriate contentography, overeating, smoking, excessive busyness, etc., easier for them to stay there than it is to walk in the complete freedom that Jesus died to give them.

That freedom comes through obedience to God and following God's Will day by day. People find doing what God says to do or not to do too demanding. People find walking with Jesus in faith day to day seeking to know and do His Will too unpredictable. Therefore they just stay mired in their bondage, a slave to whatever controls them, for they would rather continue as a slave doing as they wish, knowing what to expect than to walk as a free person not knowing what to expect, and not doing as they wish.

Then of course there are the excuse-makers. Instead of taking responsibility for their choices they say things like, 'I can't help it, it's an addiction, it's an illness, or the worst one of all, this is how God made me.' I can only imagine what it is going to be like when those who use that last excuse stand before God and He asked them, 'How could you say that is how I made you?'

People with rather live in bondage than have to actually take responsibility for making a choice for freedom.

From my latest blog entry.

David Lowery

May 15, 2021
North Alabama
✟16,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few. (Matthew 7:14)

Few find the path, but why?

Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says: “‘“You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive.” For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’ (Matthew 13:14-15)

It's a heart issue, so there must be a heart change.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. From the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks and the power of life and death is on the tongue. Mind, heart, mouth; what type of word escapes their lips? If death, then bring them into agreement with speaking life.

Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, (Luke 24:45)

A lot of this is learned by just coming to his door and knocking.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whether they realize it or not most people feel that freedom is too demanding and too unpredictable.

When God's people were led out of slavery into the wilderness, this was their mindset. They complained continually because they feared uncertainty. It is easier for a person to stay mired in what they know whether that be drugs, an ungodly lifestyle, alcohol, inappropriate contentography, overeating, smoking, excessive busyness, etc., easier for them to stay there than it is to walk in the complete freedom that Jesus died to give them.

That freedom comes through obedience to God and following God's Will day by day. People find doing what God says to do or not to do too demanding. People find walking with Jesus in faith day to day seeking to know and do His Will too unpredictable. Therefore they just stay mired in their bondage, a slave to whatever controls them, for they would rather continue as a slave doing as they wish, knowing what to expect than to walk as a free person not knowing what to expect, and not doing as they wish.

Then of course there are the excuse-makers. Instead of taking responsibility for their choices they say things like, 'I can't help it, it's an addiction, it's an illness, or the worst one of all, this is how God made me.' I can only imagine what it is going to be like when those who use that last excuse stand before God and He asked them, 'How could you say that is how I made you?'

People with rather live in bondage than have to actually take responsibility for making a choice for freedom.

From my latest blog entry.
I'm in this predicament ATM... but it's not exactly because it's demanding or unpredictable, for me it's the openness of freedom, the vulnerability of trusting completely no matter where the road leads...

I don’t know about others but vulnerability for me is like being a child again, dependent on the parents guidance, that's how the relationship with God is supposed to be but unlearning the world's ways of independence and self-sufficiency is no easy task.

I also think it's a matter of time because (at least after coming to Christ) it's usually a learning process.

Reactions: nhisname
Upvote 0

thesacredbeautiful

Dec 3, 2022
Des Moines
✟13,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for putting that so beautifully. I also find myself in that predicament. Wonder what will come of it. :)
I'm in this predicament ATM... but it's not exactly because it's demanding or unpredictable, for me it's the openness of freedom, the vulnerability of trusting completely no matter where the road leads...

I don’t know about others but vulnerability for me is like being a child again, dependent on the parents guidance, that's how the relationship with God is supposed to be but unlearning the world's ways of independence and self-sufficiency is no easy task.

I also think it's a matter of time because (at least after coming to Christ) it's usually a learning process.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for putting that so beautifully. I also find myself in that predicament. Wonder what will come of it. :)

I'm not sure... my hope is the joy of following the Holy Spirits leading will outweigh any fear of the unknown I might have.

I was reminded recently that Christ's followers (the church) are his bride and Christ is the head of the church (the husband). When I was contemplating what that meant (as to me the biblical analogy is so strange) I came to the understanding that a Husband doesn't just rule over his wife, but was traditionally seen as the protector and provider.

So, not only can we be free in the knowledge that we are the Heavenly Fathers children, but we can feel secure that wherever we are lead by the Holy Spirit, God will always protect and provide for our needs.

Isn't it strange how the striving and hustle of our adult lives becomes such a normal part of our existence, that the idea that we could return to a place like that of childhood, where we don't have to worry about where our lives are going, or make major decisions on our own? It's like a wonderful daydream that could never be reality, surely? But I'm beginning to realise this is the sort of relationship God wants with us, that we look to and depend on (trust) him with our lives.

• Agree
Reactions: David's Harp
Upvote 0

thesacredbeautiful

Dec 3, 2022
Des Moines
✟13,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure... my hope is the joy of following the Holy Spirits leading will outweigh any fear of the unknown I might have.

I was reminded recently that Christ's followers (the church) are his bride and Christ is the head of the church (the husband). When I was contemplating what that meant (as to me the biblical analogy is so strange) I came to the understanding that a Husband doesn't just rule over his wife, but was traditionally seen as the protector and provider.

So, not only can we be free in the knowledge that we are the Heavenly Fathers children, but we can feel secure that wherever we are lead by the Holy Spirit, God will always protect and provide for our needs.

Isn't it strange how the striving and hustle of our adult lives becomes such a normal part of our existence, that the idea that we could return to a place like that of childhood, where we don't have to worry about where our lives are going, or make major decisions on our own? It's like a wonderful daydream that could never be reality, surely? But I'm beginning to realise this is the sort of relationship God wants with us, that we look to and depend on (trust) him with our lives.
My father's always telling me, "You get more of what you focus on," so I guess that would mean your joy depends on what you choose to focus on, and following Him wholeheartedly. :)
I know that's easier said than done. But I agree - it is seemingly too good to be true that all God requires of us is a childlike trust. Kinda makes one wonder why more people don't place their trust in God, or why we find it so hard to do so? Especially with the awareness that God wants to do so much good with our lives, even better than we can imagine. I find myself struggling with that very thing, but after reading your post, I realized, as you said, that we don't have to make the decisions in our lives on our own. That opened my eyes. I realized I had to turn it over to God, that I needed His help to even decide. But more and more lately I've been arriving at the same conclusion you did, that the way to the true life is in trusting God with our lives.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My father's always telling me, "You get more of what you focus on," so I guess that would mean your joy depends on what you choose to focus on, and following Him wholeheartedly. :)
I know that's easier said than done. But I agree - it is seemingly too good to be true that all God requires of us is a childlike trust. Kinda makes one wonder why more people don't place their trust in God, or why we find it so hard to do so? Especially with the awareness that God wants to do so much good with our lives, even better than we can imagine. I find myself struggling with that very thing, but after reading your post, I realized, as you said, that we don't have to make the decisions in our lives on our own. That opened my eyes. I realized I had to turn it over to God, that I needed His help to even decide. But more and more lately I've been arriving at the same conclusion you did, that the way to the true life is in trusting God with our lives.

I'm glad I could help someone else even if I struggle with the very same things! I pray both of us are open to the adventure of Gods plan for our lives. :amen:

Upvote 0

thesacredbeautiful

Dec 3, 2022
Des Moines
✟13,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad I could help someone else even if I struggle with the very same things! I pray both of us are open to the adventure of Gods plan for our lives. :amen:
I know, isn't that amazing? ^.^ I pray the same! Amen!

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

It's all about faith.
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
[9] Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 2 Cor 4:8-9

Upvote 0