Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Gotcha.

Does "an issue" equate to actions taken of just your personal feelings?

My personal feelings are actually rather irrelevant in this case. Yiannopoulos' track record is pretty much known to a good deal of the public. And that should have baring on who gives him a platform or not.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My personal feelings are actually rather irrelevant in this case. Yiannopoulos' track record is pretty much known to a good deal of the public. And that should have baring on who gives him a platform or not.
So, ban him?

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
And yes, believing in the freedom of speech, even if you don't agree with that person, IS liberal. Trying to silence those who you disagree with isn't.

The liberals no longer run the Democrats.
There is currently a slapfight going on for control of the party.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Milo is a professional troll.

What would be more effective for a troll: wasting 100 grand for an event that never happens, or spend that money and hold a 4-day event that is almost certain to cause Antifa to lose their minds before the end of it and start attacking people?

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
What would be more effective for a troll: wasting 100 grand for an event that never happens, or spend that money and hold a 4-day event that is almost certain to cause Antifa to lose their minds before the end of it and start attacking people?
You could make the argument that he is most incompetent troll in history, but that doesn't negate the notation that he is a troll.

Besides it not good for my career to associated with him.

Edit: Career not carrier LOL

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You could make the argument that he is most incompetent troll in history, but that doesn't negate the notation that he is a troll.

Besides it not good for my career to associated with him.

Edit: Career not carrier LOL

I wasn't arguing that he wasn't a troll. Just that it'd be far more effective for the event to go off and trigger Antifa. It'd be like getting banned before anyone took your bait.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Back in the old days civil rights protesters were looking to actually get their message out and avoid violence. It seems the reverse is now true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums