Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because I have addressed it in the past, and it is clearly addressed on our website. You have not listened to other Ex-Masons for Jesus who have addressed the chief concerns, so I don't expect you to listen NOW. Your heart is hardened against the truth, so I have no more to say to YOU.

I've never seen the Art DeHoyos/Brent Morris work discussed on your website. Nor have I seen there where you have countered any of the points Webber made earlier on the page.

I'm afraid your attempted dismissal of Webber is not valid refutation, nor is your supposed claim. Instead of such gruffness, you could simply state the matter calmly and plainly, that you refuse to answer.

For two years I have debated issues with you, and tried to help you see the errors of your interpretation of Masonry. The effort has been fruitless, you still make the same accusations, and still have the same errors of understanding concerning Freemasonry.

During those two years, you have continually addressed issues as though I were trying to spread Freemasonry through the church, or trying to encourage people to join the Lodge, or to accept Freemasonry "in place of" the Gospel. You have never accepted the simple fact that I believe the same Gospel you do, that the Lord Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God, fully God and fully man, who came in the Incarnation to show us the Father, who was crucified on Calvary for my sins, who has accepted and pardoned me, filled me with His Spirit, and has called me to serve as a minister to His flock.

This I do to the best of my ability. Like the minister you mentioned a couple of pages back, I do not mention Freemasonry in the Church at all. Nor would I consider that an appropriate action. When I am in the pulpit, I preach Jesus and the way of the Cross. When I teach devotional lessons to our daycare kids, I am teaching them the stories of Jesus, the Son of God, who died for our sins. When our visioning team comes together in the coming months, and we begin to get serious about evangelism and witnessing, I will be teaching them from the primary mission statement we have adopted, which is also the declared mission statement of our denomination, "Making disciples for Christ." When I am approached for counseling, I will continue, as always, to counsel them to the best of my ability, in the things Jesus has taught us in His Word.

I have benefited greatly from the influence and witness of the Christian character of church members and pastors who just happened to have been Masons. None of these ever mentioned the first word about Freemasonry to me either. It was the unmistakable and remarkable Christian character of these men, and their influence upon my life, that has, to a large extent, made me the Christian I profess to be today.

By a remarkable coincidence that only God could have brought about, many of them died within a short time span, and it was from obituary notices and conference pastors' manuals that I found out in a very short time period that practically egvery person who had ever touched my life for Christ during my formative years, had also been Masons.

The Christian character and the testimony of the lives of these men, stood out so far and above that of all others in my experience, that I could only deduce a connection between the two, and one that was tremendously for the positive.

But as I said, that influence was not an influence for Masonry, it was an influence for Christ.

And I have come to the realization that to continue to debate with you is fruitless, you will not change your mind on anything at all, you have shown this, even though much of what you support and the manner in which you support it, have been shown to be based on intentionally created lies and mischaracterizations. Nor will continuing to point these facts out to you make any difference, you have clearly thrown your lot in with the Ankerbergs and the Weldons and the Chicks and the Ickes of the world.

My basic rationale for continuing to endure the ascerbic insults and accusations that must be waded through in order to debate with you at all, has been your basic premise that Freemasons are automatically non-Christian. Not only is that far from the truth, many of the Masons I have known are far better and more-committed Christians than most Christians are in general. That was a major sticking point with me when I felt that God wanted me to join, and I echoed with Mary, "How can these things be?" But He has shown me far more than enough to be convincing, and anyway, He knows the road that I take, especially since He has laid out the steps.

The time and effort involved in continuing any discussion with you has proven long ago to be unprofitable. Certainly I have received more than enough positive feedback by PM’s encouraging me to continue, and expressing appreciation for many of the comments I have shared. But there comes a point when the benefit of defending for Christian Masons has to be weighed in light of the time spent in the effort. Clearly these guys can fend for themselves pretty well, Webber is a prime example of it. And I have no further need to point out that Masons can be Christians, many of them do so and serve Him well, they are all around us.

I simply commend you to Christ and His care. If you truly serve the Lord Jesus in your efforts, you serve Him well, with fervency and zeal. I serve the same Lord Jesus Christ, and I try also to serve with fervency and zeal. But my eyes are now opened to see that other pursuits for Christ need to take priority at this time, so I seek to make the best use of the time He gives. May that be true of all of us who serve the same Lord Jesus Christ as well.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
urnotme said:
I don't know much about it but I don't think it's a secret society. http://www.ilmason.org/Basic1/bainfo.htm
Is Masonry a secret society?
Not at all. We make no secret of our existence. Our Masonic temples are publicly marked; we often advertise or announce, in advance, the times and locations of our meetings. Our ritual books are copyrighted, so the Library of Congress holds copies of them, and since they are thus already public, you will find them in book stores and public libraries everywhere. Masons usually wear Masonic rings and lapel pins in public, and often appear in parades wearing their Masonic regalia. Here in Illinois, many Masons now drive vehicles bearing license plates with the Masonic emblem on them and the proceeds from the extra cost of these license plates helps to support the fraternity's efforts prevent drug and alcohol abuse by children. To summarize: what we teach is not a secret, but how we teach it is. In addition, we try to keep secret our modes of recognition and our obligation for the sake of tradition
Is Masonry a religion?
No! Masonry is not a religion, nor is it designed or intended to replace (or substitute for) religion in its members' lives. We do not require that members belong to a church, but they may belong to any church they wish. We do ask, however, that each prospective member state that he believes in a Supreme Being. Masonry seeks only to unite men for the purpose of brotherhood, not religion.
I know what the Masons are. I used to do quite a bit of reading on them a few years ago. I'm just responding to the OP. : )

Upvote 0
C

cwebber

Because I have addressed it in the past, and it is clearly addressed on our website. You have not listened to other Ex-Masons for Jesus who have addressed the chief concerns, so I don't expect you to listen NOW. Your heart is hardened against the truth, so I have no more to say to YOU.

You have not addressed the resources I quoted, Were Ankerburg and Weldon are shown to have presented knowingly false information about Freemasonry.

Upvote 0

Rev Wayne

Simplicity + Sincerity = Serenity
Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
cwebber said:

You have not addressed the resources I quoted, Were Ankerburg and Weldon are shown to have presented knowingly false information about Freemasonry.
Nor will he, he has had too many opportunities to renounce their web of deceit in the past, and has now had three weeks without any response once again.

To reiterate:

Why do people who loudly claim to be proclaiming the "truth of Freemasonry," have to resort (a la Ankerberg/Weldon) to cleverly fabricated lies and intentional misquotes to try to make the case? The obvious answer is, their accusations do not have enough merit to stand on their own.

Upvote 0

O.F.F.

An Ex-Mason for Jesus
Jan 22, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟9,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev said:
Nor will he. . .and has now had three weeks without any response
If any man or Mason thinks I am going to take time away from the celebration with my wife of 25 years of marriage, or from my "usual vocation" to argue about the unholy, ungodly, Satanic cult called Freemasonry with a couple of the most stubborn Masons on the planet, they have another 'think' coming. I have reconsidered my priorities; so don't expect me to be around here nearly as often as I have before.

As I have stated in the past, putting Ankerburg and Weldon aside, I made my FINAL determination that Freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity based upon my own examination of what I was taught as a Prince Hall Mason as compared to what the Holy Bible teaches.

My conclusion remains the same as what I have already communicated on the many "Masonic" threads here at CF, and it is consistent with what is taught in mainstream (white) Freemasonry, that is:

Freemasonry teaches a false concept of God, a false concept of what constitutes God's Word, a false concept of man's relationship to God, a false gospel, a false plan of salvation, it feeds pride and egotism, it does not address sin with Christ as the solution, and it undermines and denies the uniqueness of Jesus Christ -- just to name a few; as if that's not enough.

This is how I see Freemasonry, based upon my firsthand experience as a Mason. Everyone is entitled to see it for what it is from their perspective. You are entitled to your view, and I no longer wish to address the issues with you, nor will I continue to respond to your insolence and antagonism. I will reserve my response to honest Christians who want to hear the opinions of former Masons, or Masons who are beginning to doubt their involvement in the Lodge.

Peace be with you, and may God remove the spiritual "hoodwink" that has blinded you about Freemasonry.

Upvote 0
C

cwebber

If any man or Mason thinks I am going to take time away from the celebration with my wife of 25 years of marriage, or from my "usual vocation" to argue about the unholy, ungodly, Satanic cult called Freemasonry with a couple of the most stubborn Masons on the planet, they have another 'think' coming. I have reconsidered my priorities; so don't expect me to be around here nearly as often as I have before.

Congradulations on your wedding Anv. My Wife and I just celebrated out 10th Anv on the 5th of August. I am glad to see you have you priorities Striaght if only you information was the same.

As I have stated in the past, putting Ankerburg and Weldon aside, I made my FINAL determination that Freemasonry is incompatible with Christianity based upon my own examination of what I was taught as a Prince Hall Mason as compared to what the Holy Bible teaches.

So do you acknowledge that their information was false and a delibrate Lie as it has been proven based on Facts backed by documentation. And could you please present those things you found incompatiable with Scripture.

Freemasonry teaches a false concept of God, a false concept of what constitutes God's Word, a false concept of man's relationship to God, a false gospel, a false plan of salvation, it feeds pride and egotism, it does not address sin with Christ as the solution, and it undermines and denies the uniqueness of Jesus Christ -- just to name a few; as if that's not enough.

Lets look again at the False concept you say Freemasonry presents.

God

God is described in Genesis 1:1

God's name is Jehovah

God of Freemasonry had a Temple built by King Solomon with the Ark of the Covanant in it that has the Ten Commandments and Arons rod in it.

God is Threefold in the Aspect of the Trinity.

Salavation

You have to be perfect to get into Heaven

Freemasonry can not get you into Heaven

Good Works can not get you into Heaven

Divine Providence or God's Plan and God's Blessing is the Only way to Heaven.

The Bible hold the information on how to get to Heaven.

address sin with Christ

It's not a religion so it does not tell you how to get to Heaven but does give you the infomation on were to find out How read 4 and 5 under Salavtion.

This is how I see Freemasonry, based upon my firsthand experience as a Mason. Everyone is entitled to see it for what it is from their perspective. You are entitled to your view, and I no longer wish to address the issues with you, nor will I continue to respond to your insolence and antagonism. I will reserve my response to honest Christians who want to hear the opinions of former Masons, or Masons who are beginning to doubt their involvement in the Lodge.

As long as you relize it is you OPNION and not that of Scripture than that is fine you are intitled to your opnion. But when you come out like you speak with the Authority of God knowing that what you have said in based on Lies and Delibrate misrepresentation of the Truth. Being proven that your information is WRONG. This is when we draw issue with you. All we ask is that you Tell the Truth.

Peace be with you, and may God remove the spiritual "hoodwink" that has blinded you about Freemasonry.

Peace be unto you Mike and may God forgive you for all of the False Witnessing you have been doing against you Christian Brothers who are Masons. I know I forgive you.

Upvote 0

reg

Aug 24, 2005
under your bed!
✟21,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont know if yall went over it because i havent read every page. Okay mansory teaches: Its god the great architect of the universe can be worshiped by everyone of any faith ,but in the Bible it saids through Jesus and Jesus ony can God be worshiped John 14:6 1Timothy 2:5 1John2:22,23. In the seventeenth degree of the Scottish Rite after the people have done the initiation they are given the secret password, "Jubulum," and the sacred word abaddon. In Rev. 9:11 it saids: And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon. You gotta ask how can a Christian dare to take that name as a sacred word?! They have to swear oaths (on a Bible, in the name of God) that involve murder. The Bible forbids the taking of oathsMatt.5:34-37;James 5:12. Also the word of God forbids taking God's name in vain and comitting murder Exodus 20:7,13. Members address their leaders with titles like "worshipful master" and kneew before them. Whe are not to call any one mater exept Jesus Matt 6:24;23:8-10 and to worship none exept God Matt 4:10;Rev 22:8,9. They teach the Bible is no better or worse than any other book. Bible says it is the Word of God ( 2 Timothy 3:16 Matt 5:18 1 Peter 1:25 Psalm 119:89 12:6,7 19:7,8. Man can do good works to get to heaven,but the Bible saids we need Jesus Romans 10:9,10 Ephesians 2:8,9. Members dont need to care about hell. The Bible is reapetily warning us bout hell Marr 13:49,50 25:31-46 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9. A Christian mason is forbidden to talk about Jesus to other nonsaved lodge members. Jesus commnds Christians to preach the gospel Matt 28:19 Mark 16:15 WHEW! Here is a website that saids more: http://www.ericbarger.com/articles/christianproclaim.htm http://www.ericbarger.com/information.htm

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
reg said:
I dont know if yall went over it because i havent read every page. Okay mansory teaches: Its god the great architect of the universe can be worshiped by everyone of any faith ,but in the Bible it saids through Jesus and Jesus ony can God be worshiped John 14:6 1Timothy 2:5 1John2:22,23. In the seventeenth degree of the Scottish Rite after the people have done the initiation they are given the secret password, "Jubulum," and the sacred word abaddon. In Rev. 9:11 it saids: And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon. You gotta ask how can a Christian dare to take that name as a sacred word?! They have to swear oaths (on a Bible, in the name of God) that involve murder. The Bible forbids the taking of oathsMatt.5:34-37;James 5:12. Also the word of God forbids taking God's name in vain and comitting murder Exodus 20:7,13. Members address their leaders with titles like "worshipful master" and kneew before them. Whe are not to call any one mater exept Jesus Matt 6:24;23:8-10 and to worship none exept God Matt 4:10;Rev 22:8,9. They teach the Bible is no better or worse than any other book. Bible says it is the Word of God ( 2 Timothy 3:16 Matt 5:18 1 Peter 1:25 Psalm 119:89 12:6,7 19:7,8. Man can do good works to get to heaven,but the Bible saids we need Jesus Romans 10:9,10 Ephesians 2:8,9. Members dont need to care about hell. The Bible is reapetily warning us bout hell Marr 13:49,50 25:31-46 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9. A Christian mason is forbidden to talk about Jesus to other nonsaved lodge members. Jesus commnds Christians to preach the gospel Matt 28:19 Mark 16:15 WHEW! Here is a website that saids more: http://www.ericbarger.com/articles/christianproclaim.htm http://www.ericbarger.com/information.htm
Don't worry, your post is just fine and I *have* read it all. A lot of it is pointlessly repetitive...

Upvote 0

Rev Wayne

Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy Silver, Mike, to you and your wife, you both deserve it. We just managed our 13th this year, 25 will be something. I hope when we do reach it, I can also afford a 3-week celebration, drop everything I'm doing, and reconsider some priorities. But for now, truth is a priority, and will remain so until I retire from preaching ministry or until the Lord Jesus comes, whichever is first. And the fact still remains, Ankerberg and Weldon have been weighed in the balance and found wanting. They are the Hal Lindsays of the Freemasonry discussion, make one claim and when it is shown to be untrue, abandon it and move to another, never to mention it again--anything to sell the next book, apparently.

One reason we speak as much as we do of Ankerberg and Weldon is, they were at the leading edge of the current state of conspiracy theories aimed at Freemasonry. The book they co-authored in 1989, The Secret Teachings of Freemasonry, is rampant with half-truths, and out-right fabricated accusations. They laid the foundation upon which every current accuser has built. But with a foundation built on lies, all they have built is a house of cards.

I have shown you many times exactly how the lies are proliferated, one site copies what another says without bothering to consult original sources, when if they were to check them, they would see for themselves how the lies have been created. Not only have you denied the incontrovertible evidence that has been shown you, you have made matters worse by continuing to quote their lies yourself, and you have been caught in it numerous times. All you have done when caught at it is to put up a wall of denial, when the very quotes you posted revealed the truth and exposed your denials as false. It's all a matter of record in the archives of this forum.

Ankerberg and Weldon are the worst at the practice of omission with ellipses, by which material that refutes the arguments they make is conveniently left out. They have continually represented their sources to be what they are not. When caught in their web of deceit, hands down, they simply edited the book and published the new editiion with no mention of the changes whatsoever, and pretended that the lie they were caught at simply never existed. But their lies too are a matter of public record.

Your leaving, or reduced posting, or whatever it is that is entailed by your rearranged priorities, is welcome news. That will be one less source of misinformation being proliferated ad infinitum.

I no longer wish to address the issues with you, nor will I continue to respond to your insolence and antagonism.
I have a huge list of your well-mannered comments to me. It makes for interesting reading, shall I post them and let you see if you can come up with anything that compares to the "insolence and antagonism" I've received from you? I'd take the behavior I've seen from Masons on this forum, over your supposed "Christian" behavior any old time. You've practically stalked me from one place to another, and have essentially admitted it as well, by threatening me that you would follow me anywhere I posted on the internet.

I'm really glad to hear you are finally letting go, you have been over the border into obsession for some time. The current thread is a classic example. I have told a couple of friends privately that it would be a simple thing to get you to stop, just stop posting, because you sit with a watchful eye for something from us you can attack. Three weeks of not posting, and the evidence shows I was right; the least little comment, and actualy not even addressed to you, and you immediately come running.

So peace be with you also, and may you someday understand the depth of the "hoodwink" inherited from proven liars, which has blinded you for all this time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rev Wayne

Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible states that the God of Israel, YHVH and only YHVH God can be worshiped. It is in the first and second commandments. YHVH means it. Do not put any other gods in His face.
Maybe you didn't realize, the Bible is the only book considered a "Holy Book" by any religion, that is quoted in the rituals of Masonry. It is the book upon which the main teaching allegory of Masonry draws its symbology (building of Solomon's Temple), and is the "Great Light" of Masonry.

The only God you will find mentioned anywhere in Masonry is Jehovah. But Jehovah is defined in the Threefold Aspect of the Trinity in the Royal Arch degree.

Upvote 0

Rev Wayne

Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont know if yall went over it because i havent read every page. Okay mansory teaches: Its god the great architect of the universe can be worshiped by everyone of any faith ,but in the Bible it saids through Jesus and Jesus ony can God be worshiped John 14:6 1Timothy 2:5 1John2:22,23. In the seventeenth degree of the Scottish Rite after the people have done the initiation they are given the secret password, "Jubulum," and the sacred word abaddon. In Rev. 9:11 it saids: And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon. You gotta ask how can a Christian dare to take that name as a sacred word?! They have to swear oaths (on a Bible, in the name of God) that involve murder. The Bible forbids the taking of oathsMatt.5:34-37;James 5:12. Also the word of God forbids taking God's name in vain and comitting murder Exodus 20:7,13. Members address their leaders with titles like "worshipful master" and kneew before them. Whe are not to call any one mater exept Jesus Matt 6:24;23:8-10 and to worship none exept God Matt 4:10;Rev 22:8,9. They teach the Bible is no better or worse than any other book. Bible says it is the Word of God ( 2 Timothy 3:16 Matt 5:18 1 Peter 1:25 Psalm 119:89 12:6,7 19:7,8. Man can do good works to get to heaven,but the Bible saids we need Jesus Romans 10:9,10 Ephesians 2:8,9. Members dont need to care about hell. The Bible is reapetily warning us bout hell Marr 13:49,50 25:31-46 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9. A Christian mason is forbidden to talk about Jesus to other nonsaved lodge members. Jesus commnds Christians to preach the gospel Matt 28:19 Mark 16:15 WHEW!
Wow, that's a tall order. Let's sort it out:

Its god the great architect of the universe can be worshiped by everyone of any faith
A common misconception, the "great architect" is not a God, it's a phrase used to describe God, basically says He is Sovereign Creator. "Sovereign" and "Creator" are attributes applied to God by all religions. Thus, the use of the term "great architect" is no different than the use of the term "God" in our culture and times. But the term "God" sometimes has more wrapped up in it than Freemasonry affirms, and so another term was sought. It was a term created by John Calvin and used the same way.
but in the Bible it saids through Jesus and Jesus ony can God be worshiped John 14:6
I am a Christian, I believe Jesus is the only way as well, and I am a Mason, and I am not hindered in my Christian faith in any way.

They have to swear oaths (on a Bible, in the name of God) that involve murder.
I haven't murdered anyone, nor do I expect to. Nor do I expect someone to murder me, whether I "reveal the secrets of Masonry" or not. Nor have I met any Masons that I would say were inclined to murder anyone. You have taken the symbolic to be literal. Believe me, it is not. The oaths simply impress upon the individual the extreme importance of keeping one's word, and protecting the confidentiality of another.

Also the word of God forbids taking God's name in vain
Yes. Thank goodness Masonry has not required that I do so.

The Bible forbids the taking of oaths
Every place it does so, it addresses the idea of swearing "by," and names the things not to swear by. The Mason does not swear by any of those things. The effect of "swearing by" was an attempt to strengthen one's oath by bringing in as witness something or someone who is greater. This is wrong, James says, and instead of that swearing with such objects or persons sworn by, they should simply say "yes" or "no" and leave it at that.

Members address their leaders with titles like "worshipful master" and kneew before them.
I have not been required to kneel before anyone and call them "Master" in the sense you are portraying things. Again, you forget everything in Masonry is symbolic. Also, "worshipful" is simply a term of address, an archaic one no doubt, but one that simply is the equivalent of "your honor" to a judge, or something similar. "Master" was simply a term already used by operative Masons to refer to someone who had mastered a craft. When you see such archaic terms still in use after these many years, try to compare the Lodge with churches that still insist on "King James Only" to be used in their churches. Never mind that nobody understands most of the language anymore, it's just tradition that has been maintained.

They teach the Bible is no better or worse than any other book. Bible says it is the Word of God
That's strange, everywhere I look I see the Bible defined in Masonry as "the rule and guide of our faith," and the "Great Light of Masonry."

Man can do good works to get to heaven,but the Bible saids we need Jesus
Masonic burial ritual says the Mason will get there by "Faith in the merits of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, who hath loosed the seven seals." (Rev. 5:5) Check your references on that one and you will find it speaks of Jesus.

Members dont need to care about hell.
Well, I wouldn't exactly state it that way, but no, there is no evaluation or requirement in Masonry one way or the other concerning hell--mainly because, since Freemasonry is not a religion, there is no context or even pretext that the lessons of Masonry have anything to do with salvation. That is for one's religion, and it is so stated in Masonry in unmistakable terms. Masonry is a system of morality, not of religion.
A Christian mason is forbidden to talk about Jesus to other nonsaved lodge members.
Nobody has ever forbidden me any such thing. In fact, our District Deputy Grand Master, when visiting with us, was asked to pray to close the Lodge, and closed his prayer "in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen." You really believe too much of what you've been told by everyone else, and obviously have spent little or no time consulting Masons about these things. The result is your accusations are mostly far wide of the mark.

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
Definition

Cambridge Dictionary
worshipful
adjective
1 MAINLY UK FORMAL Worshipful used in the title of societies of skilled workers or some important officials:
the Worshipful Company of Silversmiths

2 FORMAL giving someone or something great respect or admiration

Definition

master (SKILLED PERSON)
noun [C]
1 a person who is very skilled in a particular job or activity:
He was a master of disguise.

2 a famous and very skilled painter:
This painting is clearly the work of a master.

master
adjective [before noun]
extremely skilled:
a master craftsman
a master chef

master
verb [T]
to learn how to do something well:
to master a technique
She lived in Italy for several years but never quite mastered the language.
He quickly mastered the art of interviewing people.

So a Worshipful Master is a respected person of great skill.

It is quite clear to most reserchers that Freemasonry evolved in its modern form from the craft guilds of the European middle ages. Today if you put a seach into google 'worshipful Company' you will return 383,000 references most will be The Worshiful Company of something or other. Mostly UK based.

http://www.clockmakers.org/
http://www.furnituremkrs.co.uk/
http://www.wcf.org.uk/

Here are a few from that search all Craft Companies who can trace their heritage back for hundreds of years.

Here is a company that I have done work for it is not Masonic but a long and well established company. The work I helped with was the refurbishment of the 'Worshipful Masters' Flat in London. The name is reserved for the Head of this Company and his flat is used for entertaining clients. You may ask what this company does. Well the British Empire was built on international trade and the monopoly of certain products , one of those products was Gunpowder, one of the ingredients is 'Salt Peter' and a manufacturer of Gunpowder was called a Salter. They are now involved in many Charitable operations and make money from Chemical production of all sorts. They often organise the Lord Mayors show in London. They are nothing to do with Freemasonry.

Background to Craft Guilds by Professor Gerhard Rempel at Western New England College
http://mars.acnet.wnec.edu/~grempel/courses/wc1/lectures/24guilds.html

Upvote 0

O.F.F.

An Ex-Mason for Jesus
Jan 22, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟9,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Masonic "Rev" said:
A common misconception, the "great architect" is not a God, it's a phrase used to describe God,
In the context of the Masonic requirement of membership that a candidate (be he Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Brahmanian, Satanist, Christian, etc.) for initiation MUST believe in "a" Supreme Being, it stands to reason that the "great architect," from a Masonic perspective, is ANY "god" a candidate perceives to be "God" even if his conception of "deity" is incompatible with the God of the Bible, who is the ONLY true God.

That makes the Masonic "great architect" a generic representation of any concept of "God," and NOT simply "a phrase to describe God." And, anyone engaged in worship of this Masonic deity is guilty of IDOLATRY from a biblical perspective.

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
OFF : In the context of the Masonic requirement of membership that a candidate (be he Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Brahmanian, Satanist, Christian, etc.) for initiation MUST believe in "a" Supreme Being, it stands to reason that the "great architect," from a Masonic perspective, is ANY "god" a candidate perceives to be "God" even if his conception of "deity" is incompatible with the God of the Bible, who is the ONLY true God.

Absolutely correct. therefore Freemasonry supports all Religions and is in fact, not a religion in its own right.

who is the ONLY true God. ?

The God according to the Faith of the candidates religion. As you have said.

I was therefore, at the time of my Initiation, under the guidance of my faith, Jesus Christ and by this determination was not - "guilty of IDOLATRY from a biblical perspective."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

cwebber

In the context of the Masonic requirement of membership that a candidate (be he Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Brahmanian, Satanist, Christian, etc.) for initiation MUST believe in "a" Supreme Being, it stands to reason that the "great architect," from a Masonic perspective, is ANY "god" a candidate perceives to be "God" even if his conception of "deity" is incompatible with the God of the Bible, who is the ONLY true God.

That makes the Masonic "great architect" a generic representation of any concept of "God," and NOT simply "a phrase to describe God." And, anyone engaged in worship of this Masonic deity is guilty of IDOLATRY from a biblical perspective.

If you look at the decription of the God presented by Freemaosnry you will con to the conclusion that it is Jesus Christ.

Lets look at the decriptions

God in the Threefold Aspect of the Trinity
God is called Jehovah
God decribe as in Genesis 1:1
The God whom King Solomon built a Temple to were the Ark of the Covanant laid.
GAOTU taken from John Calvin which is a direct refrence to Jesus Christ.
God's has a Plan represented by a Star. Numbers 24:17
The Morning Star

What else information do you need. Freemaosnry does not require you to believe in Jehovah the God represented in Freemasonry the one that Freemaosnry calls GAOTU to join. Only that you think yourself to be accountable to a Supreme Being in that you will watch how you threat others an dhow you live your life.

Upvote 0

Rev Wayne

Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The obvious flaw in your supposed logic is, first you start out with:

That makes the Masonic "great architect" a generic representation of any concept of "God," and NOT simply "a phrase to describe God."

This one has a built-in error. Perhaps you see it differently, but I fail to see any difference between the two phrases:

"a generic representation of any concept of God," and
"a phrase to describe God."
But the real logical flaw is when you follow that first statement with this one:

And, anyone engaged in worship of this Masonic deity. . . .
This "conclusion" does not follow from the premises you have established. You cannot illogically posit "a generic representation of any concept of God," and "a phrase to describe God" and somehow magically come out of the mix with a "Masonic God." You cannot pretend that with your presentation of an argument about a "representation" and a "concept" and a "description" that you have made any kind of case for a "Masonic God." Your use of the term "Masonic deity" shows that you still do not understand Masonry's use of the concept, for you are still making out a descriptive phrase ABOUT God to somehow BE God, or "a" god. it is not a name, it is a descriptive phrase defining His attributes as Sovereign and as Creator.

By your own logic, you are incorrect to use the term "God" in the way you have just used it. Why? Because you use the term to refer to the ONLY true God. But by your reasoning, because someone else uses the term "God" and means something totally different than you mean by it, then you are guilty of idolatry, because "anyone guilty of worshipping this deity is guilty of idolatry from a biblical perspective." And you cannot claim "well, that's different" because the principle is exactly the same.
Sort of makes the lapse in logic stand out in bold relief when you start using the Christian generic, does it not?

Of course, you will disagree, and you would be correct to do so. What one individual affirms about a generic term for God affects only one individual: himself. I know of no "biblical perspective" that says I am guilty of idolatry if someone else uses the same descriptive term for God that I do, simply because of what the other person intends by the term.

And you may rant and rave till you're blue in the face about what any other Mason chooses to believe about God, and you will not have changed my belief in the Triune Christian God one iota.

Upvote 0

O.F.F.

An Ex-Mason for Jesus
Jan 22, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟9,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Masonic "Rev" said:
And you may rant and rave till you're blue in the face about what any other Mason chooses to believe about God, and you will not have changed my belief in the Triune Christian God one iota.
You're the only one ranting and raving that Masons, in general, choose to believe that all concepts of "God" are essentially the same, since you insist that the Masonic deity GAOTU is merely, "a descriptive phrase defining His attributes as Sovereign and as Creator."

This is simply YOUR personal rationalization used to deceive yourself and others into thinking that this is where Freemasonry draws the line in defining its concept of "God." And, you have yet to provide a shred of Masonic evidence that supports YOUR claim. The fact is, this is merely YOUR personal rationalization used to sear your own conscience from facing the truth of the matter, which is that the GAOTU is a generic representation of any concept of "God." And you know it!

Rev said:
Perhaps you see it differently, but I fail to see any difference between the two phrases:

"a generic representation of any concept of God," and
"a phrase to describe God."
Of course you can't see the difference, because your Masonic training on religious tolerance and your spiritual "hoodwink" won't allow you too see it. The operative word here Rev, is ANY in the first phase. Since the god of the Koran, and the god of the Upanishads, and the god of the Book of Mormon, and the god of the New World Translation, and the god of the Gita Vedas, and the god of the Book of Confucius, and the God of the Holy Bible, etc. are NOT the same, you know perfectly well there is NO WAY in heaven, on earth or in Hell they could ALL represent the Sovereign Creator.

However, since Freemasonry only requires belief in "a" Supreme Being, rather than "the" Supreme Being and refer to God generically as GAOTU, then the institution of Freemasonry is guilty of creating a "symbolic" representation of any and all concepts of "God" implying that all such concepts are one in the same.

Monotheism is the sole dogma of Freemasonry. Belief in one God is required of every initiate, but his conception of the Supreme Being is left to his own interpretation. Freemasonry is not concerned with theological distinctions. This is the basis of our universality.

Grand Lodge of Indiana, Indiana Monitor & Freemason's Guide, 1993 Edition, page 41
So no matter how much you persist to insist that you worship the Triune Christian God, as long as you remain a Mason and enter the Lodge, you stand with an institution that worships the most grotesque idol imaginable -- a conglomerate mix of the One True Living God of the Bible with every false god imaginable -- and that makes you, and all other professing Christian Masons, guilty of idolatry by association and of tacitly violating the First Commandment.

You have learned that Freemasonry calls God, 'The Great Architect of the Universe" (G.A.O.T.U.). This is the Freemason's special name for God, because he is universal. He belongs to all men regardless of their religious persuasion. All wise men acknowledge His authority. In his private devotions a Mason will pray to Jehovah, Mohammed, Allah, Jesus or the Deity of his choice. In a Masonic Lodge, however, the Mason will find the name of his Deity within the G.A.O.T.U.

- Page 6, The Craft and Its Symbols by Allen E. Roberts
canopy.gif

You can deny the facts until you are as blue as the Lodge, it won't change the truth one iota; pastor.

Upvote 0
C

cwebber

I have a question for you Mike. The Mormos have Jesus Christ in their religion. So let me ask you this does this mean you should stop calling on Jesus Christ because someone else sees him in a different way than you do or should you contuine to pray to Jesus Christ as He is represented in the Bible?

I don't care if someone prays to David Koresh using the name Jesus Christ. It will not stop me from using the name Jesus when I pray. In the same manner I do not care if someone says god meaning kirsna, baal or budda when they say God Bless you. I will contuine to say God Bless you. When I say the Pledge I will contuine to say one nation under God even thou someone else in the room does not see Jesus as God. And when I am in a Lodge I will say GAOTU because it orginally means Jesus Christ and I mean Jesus Christ when I say even thou someone in the Lodge that being 10% of the Masonic population in the US does not mean it as Jesus Christ.

Your problem is Mike you are getting so hung up on words that you miss the oprotunity to Witness the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ to someone. You will sit there and argue til your Blue in the Face that the God of Abrham, Jehovah is not God to a Muslim simple because he calls him Allah. You can meet this person on the common ground that Allah the God of Abraham is Jehovah than start telling them about His Son Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.