Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
cwebber said:
Definitions

Lion of the Tribe of Judah
In the Tribal benediction pronounced upon Judah, the "Lion's whelp" is used Emblematically of Strength; hence, the ensign on the banner of Judah was a lion. The phrase in the Masonic Ritual. "The Lion of the Tribe of Judah," is Messianic and refers to Christ, the anointed of God and royal head of God's kingdom.

Creation
Freemasonry recognizes Jehovah God as the great architect ofthe universe, as the creator of all things, both material and spiritual; and it accepts the account of creation given in the book of Genesis and confirmes by the Scriptures. To a Mason, the earth and the Heavens declare the glory of God.
Nice interpretation. And Jesus is the living example of how to follow Gods paths of holiness. It Works For Me!

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
Maybe Mike is correct, maybe Freemasonry is a sneaky trick by the Jews to convert christians from christianity to judhism.

Remind me again Dr. Who was it got the jews to convert to Christianity ?

I bet the Freemasons get the blame for that in Isreal.?

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
Now I thought Jesus was a Jew? :thumbsup:

Romans 15
1We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. 3For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me." 4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, 6so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

7Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. 8For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs 9so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written:
"Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles;
I will sing hymns to your name." 10Again, it says,
"Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people." 11And again,
"Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
and sing praises to him, all you peoples." 12And again, Isaiah says,
"The Root of Jesse will spring up,
one who will arise to rule over the nations;
the Gentiles will hope in him."

13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

O.F.F.

An Ex-Mason for Jesus
Jan 22, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟9,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DrFate said:
Heaven, you still have not defined Heaven Mike. We are waiting for your answer Mike.
DF, isn't it more like YOU are waiting for my answer?

I do not define heaven, that has already been done by God. For His answer, search the Scriptures. However, to help you do so more effectively, please click on the following link:

Where Do We Go From Here?

I trust this will answer your questions.

Upvote 0

O.F.F.

An Ex-Mason for Jesus
Jan 22, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟9,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DrFate said:
Salvation, how do you define Salvation Mike? Salvation from what exactly Mike? What are you selling Salvation from? What is the objective evidence of the need for the Salvation you are selling? Do you REALLY know what you are talking about?
I do not sell salvation, it is a FREE GIFT from God. What am I talking about? The gospel of Jesus Christ. Have you not heard this good news and received it? If not, you are not saved!

However, to help you better understand the free gift of salvation and the opportunity to accept it, please click on the following link:

Accepting God's Free Gift, is to be Accepted by God

I trust that it will answer your questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

monk_fish

Jul 4, 2005
✟7,684.00
Faith
ACougar said:
Now if a Muslim, Hindu and Buddhist all say a prayer to the Creator of the Universe why do you suppose the Creator of that Universe wouldn't listen? They might all Imagine that Creator as being differant in many ways however thier adoration and devotion to that Creator is the same.

Instead of fighting against each other for what each supposes to be the truth they instead choose to work together to heal the sick, feed the hungry, and cloth the naked. Somehow I suspect that God will know them all as His Children.

Makes sense to me.

Reactions: Plan 9
Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
monk_fish said:
Just out of curiousity why would any one create an organization such as O.F.F(order of former freemasons)? What do they accomplish? I doubt any freemasons have bothered you since youve left or anything right?

I'm ashamed to admit this, monk_fish, but some of us OES ladies who are retired and have a lot of free time on our hands have been picketing them. While wearing creepy robes and hoods. And four inch heels.

My bad.
kickscan.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ruric

Jul 14, 2005
✟116.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I had a conversation with a theologist a few days ago and I was informed that the phrase "Grand Architect of the Universe" is actually a Christian term which was mostly used in the early Christian years. I have also seen pictures of Jesus holding a compass that were drawn way before freemasonry was created.
The phrase GAOTU was entered in freemasonry about 200 years after it's creaton. This happened because a hinduist wanted to join freemasonry in England in the 19th century. This was quite an issue because until then ONLY Christians were allowed to become masons. The Supreme Council to accept the man and enter this Christian "term" in masonry because of it's meaning. The meaning of GAOTU is that there is only one supreme being, the Creator of everything. Christianity itself teaches that God is everywhere. Masonry doesn't compare or equal gods, it just gives as a requirement for a member to join, that he (or she nowdays) must believe in the existance of the Creator. I believe that many fellow Christians are mistaken because they think of God as a being with a human-like personality. I believe that most of you agree that we actually can't determine God. In English the word is God, in Greek Theos, in Turkish Allah. Since all accept as the Creator of everything that was, is and will be, we're talking about the one and only supreme being. Let not the different languages confuse us. Of course different countries have different religions but what masonry is conserned is that one believes in the one and only God.
A summer, about 2 years ago, I was in Mount Athos, the centre of East Orthodox Monasticism. In this Mount there exist more than 15 Monasteries which were created in the early Christian years. Every symbol there is pure Christian and the monks there know it and also can explain it. What they do not know, is that there can be found almost any symbol of the masonic blue lodge (the first three masonic degrees, that are considered to be the basis of the whole masonry). The fact us that when these Monasteries were created with these symbols in them, masonry didn't even exist as an idea. This says a lot about the origins of masonry.

Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
monk_fish said:
Just out of curiousity why would any one create an organization such as O.F.F(order of former freemasons)? What do they accomplish? I doubt any freemasons have bothered you since youve left or anything right?
For making money off of antimasonic bigots maybe?

Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
jlujan69 said:
Despite appearances, my post was not intended to be a statement for or against Masons. I was simply responding to what looked to be a knee-jerk claim, namely that anyone who provides information about whatever his former organization was (not necessarily Masons) is automatically a liar. Of course, we must evaluate the claims instead of just blindly assuming that someone is telling the truth (or lying for that matter).
I will give honest information about the Masons. They are a great force for Good.
Deef

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.