✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Yup...
Dad did 4 tours in 'Nam...When I got deployed to DS, I dunno waht I really thought, except that he'd be proud I'd somewhat followed in his steps...

Of course, he still shakes his head wondering where he went wrong raising a "jarheaded Marine"

His DD214 gave me much food for thought, and made me realize, I'd never be able to follow his steps completely...but it never stopped me from trying ;)

Upvote 0

Andoverpolo

Apr 3, 2006
Boston
✟15,685.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yup...
Dad did 4 tours in 'Nam...When I got deployed to DS, I dunno waht I really thought, except that he'd be proud I'd somewhat followed in his steps...

Of course, he still shakes his head wondering where he went wrong raising a "jarheaded Marine"

His DD214 gave me much food for thought, and made me realize, I'd never be able to follow his steps completely...but it never stopped me from trying ;)

lol well I think it's enough to just know the legacy is there. It's impossible to every really live up to or surpass these people. Keeping the service line unbroken is all that matters.

Jarhead :doh:- and not even flying. What were you thinking?!

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I was thinkin' you crazy pilots needed someone around when you set your planes down too hard :p

CFR - Crash Fire Rescue ;)

always ready, and prayin' we weren't needed...

My daughter followed me...she's a Marine in Iraq...

Dad's stopped shakin' his head at this point...the rivalry is alive and well during holiday dinners :D

Upvote 0

Andoverpolo

Apr 3, 2006
Boston
✟15,685.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hahaha uh oh - He's outnumbered but as you are familiar with our technology you know he's not outgunned.

With my luck my (theoretical) son will want nothing more than to join the marines. As long as he at least roots for AF during the games then I'd be okay with it, now if he didn't cheer for them then - and I'm not kidding - I think I'd kill him.

What does your daughter do in Iraq?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andoverpolo

Apr 3, 2006
Boston
✟15,685.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Her MOS is "technically" supply...but with the shortage of WM's in security...she's standin' at the gates inspecting female iraqis...

Basically...right now she's sniper bait...

Ah, that's really difficult. I'm sorry she's bearing the stretch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Her MOS is "technically" supply...but with the shortage of WM's in security...she's standin' at the gates inspecting female iraqis...

Basically...right now she's sniper bait...

Heh.. That was the entirety of my job and still is, sniper bait.. Defend the gate, do convoy duty, patrol the flight line and perimeter. Who says the AF never does anything dangerous? :cool:

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Heh.. That was the entirety of my job and still is, sniper bait.. Defend the gate, do convoy duty, patrol the flight line and perimeter. Who says the AF never does anything dangerous? :cool:

I won't say it...(especially within my dad's armreach :p)
She's headed back in January for round 2...
:sigh: wish it were me instead of her...

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I won't say it...(especially within my dad's armreach :p)
She's headed back in January for round 2...
:sigh: wish it were me instead of her...

Feel free to say it, at this point I'm desensitized to Marine Corps bravado. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.