Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

America Magazine said-
By choosing to meet him (Fr. James Martin) in this place, Pope Francis was making a public statement. In some ways, the meeting was the message.

Are you a conservative Catholic who is taking the Benedict option within the Church? If so, what tipped you to that point of view? Are you still fighting the system? If so, why are you hopeful that the resurgent progressivism can be resisted?

Continued below.
Francis Trolls US Conservatives

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At first I wondered if the "Benedict option" was that notion both Cardinal Sarah and Benedict both say in various wordings is wrong, so I checked, and instead it refers to a book/idea, and I found this reader review:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0735213305

From the review, it seems the 'Benedict Option' isn't exactly what is being referred to in the article actually.... (the article doesn't seem to get what that Benedict Option really is about).

An observation about the article: meeting with someone is not the same as endorsing all their views (whatever those may be, good, bad or a mix, or even better than imagined, etc.).

If meeting with someone was the same as endorsing all their views, then Christ would have been endorsing the world views of many sinners He met with and ate with....

This reminds us of Mark 2:16, Matthew 9:11.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, didn't Pope Francis also meet with the Kentucky former county clerk who wouldn't sign gay marriage licenses and went to jail for it? Kim Davis, I think her name was? (I don't really want to look her up because I don't want to get on some weird mailing list.)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, didn't Pope Francis also meet with the Kentucky former county clerk who wouldn't sign gay marriage licenses and went to jail for it? Kim Davis, I think her name was? (I don't really want to look her up because I don't want to get on some weird mailing list.)
Yeah I think he did although it was really downplayed afterwards.

Upvote 0