Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't even know what to say about this other than did they think no one would notice, or did they not care because their viewers and Trump supporters now have those images stuck in their minds or they wouldn't even believe what they did.
I suggest looking at the photo images in the article. This was deliberate manipulation and pure propaganda.

Fox News published digitally altered and misleading photos on stories about Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in what photojournalism experts called a clear violation of ethical standards for news organizations.
Fox’s website for much of the day featured a photo of a man standing with a military-style rifle in front of what appeared to be a smashed retail storefront.
Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”
The network removed the images after inquiries from The Seattle Times.
In addition, Fox’s site for a time on Friday ran a frightening image of a burning city, above a package of stories about Seattle’s protests, headlined “CRAZY TOWN.” The photo actually showed a scene from St. Paul, Minnesota, on May 30. That image also was later removed.

Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle’s protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
National Media needs to keep up with the facts.
A Police Chief making statements based on social media and rumors rather than facts. She should be demoted and someone responsible put in her place.

National news outlets on Friday also continued to cite a now-withdrawn comment by a Seattle police commander suggesting protesters were extorting payments from businesses within CHAZ. Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best walked back that statement on Thursday, saying the comment was based on rumor and social media. “We haven’t had any formal reports of this occurring,” she said.

Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle’s protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you trying to tell me people actually have a hard time knowing this is a collage? They need to be told.......

I mean it is so deceptively put together... who would know?

And no, I wasn't talking about a school. It's a bunch of mixed pictures. Wrong collage.

upload_2020-6-13_14-19-44.png

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟325,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They do this kind of thing all the time.
I think you will find "they" are not alone. CNN and others over the years have been accused of such things as well. I really don't like listening to any of the major news networks with agendas. So I take bits here and there now and then from them. Usually I will get in 20-30 minutes with CBN though. The rest is blogs and such.

We're really better off in prayer anyway !!

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,899.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to tell me people actually have a hard time knowing this is a collage? They need to be told.......

And no, I wasn't talking about a school. It's a bunch of mixed pictures. Wrong collage.

View attachment 278815

As I understand, from the article, it that photo is actually from a different area a couple of weeks ago. Is that correct?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As I understand, from the article, it that photo is actually from a different area a couple of weeks ago. Is that correct?

What a surprise.... the MSM has been lying and has become the enemy of the people.

Man... thankfully there is someone that can point out the obvious to me. What would I ever do without that?

Want to know when they are lying or applying some bias spin?... the moment they created an article or report.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this what you are asking?

The image was actually a mashup of photos from different days, taken by different photographers — it was done by splicing a Getty Images photo of an armed man, who had been at the protest zone June 10, with other images from May 30 of smashed windows in downtown Seattle.

Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”

Live: Seattle-area protests: Live updates on Saturday, June 13

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, yeah, they included a photo of a burning building and car that was taken in St. Paul on May 30 along with the 'Crazy Town' article about Seattle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Shouldn't Fox News be proud of people exercising their second amendment rights? Oh that's right, it's only a problem if they are leftists with guns. It's similar to the NRA being against gun control, until the Black Panthers openly carried in California in the 1960s.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

View attachment 278815
It took me a bit to understand the joke you were trying to make here. It kind of falls apart since ‘college’ and ‘collage’ are spelled and spoken different.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It took me a bit to understand the joke you were trying to make here. It kind of falls apart since ‘college’ and ‘collage’ are spelled and spoken different.

I wasn't joking... I could literally hear someone comeback with: 'nuh-uh... it wasn't a college! You're wrong... if it was a college then....... ' OR 'you can't even spell'

So I nipped it in the bud.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Shouldn't Fox News be proud of people exercising their second amendment rights? Oh that's right, it's only a problem if they are leftists with guns. It's similar to the NRA being against gun control, until the Black Panthers openly carried in California in the 1960s.

It must be racist. Only thing it could be. o_O

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't joking... I could literally hear someone comeback with: 'nuh-uh... it wasn't a college! You're wrong... if it was a college then....... ' OR 'you can't even spell'

So I nipped it in the bud.

Do you hear these things often? Is the source of these things in the room with us now?

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh dear, that is a pretty archaic and amateurish attempt at deepfake. The Russians do it so much better. Fox News has fallen out with the President and apprently is no longer in the loop, so maybe that explains the lack of technical skills to get it right.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where did I say it was racist?

So what were you attempting to convey? By stating Fox is like the NRA being against the black panthers open carrying? What did that mean? What was that message?

Upvote 0