Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Somewhere, Keith Olbermann is sticking pins in a Bill O'Reilly voodoo doll: Fox News' ratings, TVNewser reports, are down since August of last year. Like, way down. Like down 28 percent in primetime among all viewers, down 20 percent in primetime in the "money demo" (viewers aged 25-54) and down 7 percent in daytime viewership overall. In fact, the only place Fox is up is during the day, when they managed a ratings increase of just 2 percent, and even then only in the money demo.

link
seems like people are becoming wise to the filth that is fox news.

Reactions: Fantine

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
They've all dipped. Fox is still #1. Nice slanted source though. :doh:
From a little more relaible source:

Insiders say that, even though Fox News remains No. 1, Ailes is fuming over the complacency he senses among staffers.
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6346894.html

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/feb06vs05.pdf

As far as Olbermann, if he didn't maunfacture this little feud with O'Reilly, he'd have been cancelled a long time ago. He's so far behind in the ratings ......well, let's just say there are fewer MSNBC viewers than Edsel owners.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They've all dipped. Fox is still #1.
had you read my link, you would have known the bolded part of your statement to be untrue...

And lest you think this is an industry-wide trend, consider this: over the same time period, CNN and MSNBC are up. CNN's up 35 percent during the day -- 46 percent in the money demo -- and up 21 percent in primetime overall, 25 percent in the money demo. MSNBC's ratings increases aren't quite as impressive -- up 6 percent in primetime overall, 8 percent in the money demo, and up 36 percent in the money demo during the day, 26 percent overall.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
had you read my link, you would have known the bolded part of your statement to be untrue...
I did read your "source." I just don't agree with it. Neither do any of the other sources I checked. Again - nice slanted article.

Upvote 0

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They've all dipped. Fox is still #1. Nice slanted source though. :doh:
From a little more relaible source:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6346894.html

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/feb06vs05.pdf

As far as Olbermann, if he didn't maunfacture this little feud with O'Reilly, he'd have been cancelled a long time ago. He's so far behind in the ratings ......well, let's just say there are fewer MSNBC viewers than Edsel owners.

Maybe people are starting to note that all 24-7 news coverage leaves out (selectively) more than it includes, and are looking for more complete news coverage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heiroglyph

Jan 6, 2005
✟7,492.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The news sucks, thats why. It used to be that people trusted the news. Now you watch the news and its one story one minute and a whole other story with different facts the next. There is no truth on the news. They literally just feed us whatever they get handed by the government as prereleased statements, or whatever other rumors the other stations are airing they just air it and don't bother to see if it is true or not. You cant become well informed by watching the news. It is as simple as that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I did read your "source." I just don't agree with it. Neither do any of the other sources I checked. Again - nice slanted article.
it seems to me that the only thing you don't like about the source is the data it delivers, because the article i linked cites the same site you linked.

your link provides feb05-feb06. mine provides aug05-aug06.

from mediabistro...

Aug. #'s: Total Viewers Vs. Aug. 2005
I will add HLN and CNBC, ASAP...

Total day:

...............FNC.......CNN.....MSNBC
Aug. '06:...933.......584......277
Aug. '05:...1,001....433......220

% change:.-7%.....+35%...+26%

Primetime:

....................FNC.........CNN......MSNBC
Aug. '06:.......1,511........902......371
Aug. '05:.......2,093........748......349

% change:....-28%........+21%...+6%
not slanted, just more accurate.

Upvote 0