Fox News goes to desperate lengths to gin up outrage over clip of Vince Vaughn chatting with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's an attempt by the right-wing to argue that people are upset about something they are not upset about. It is all about drumming a false narrative into their viewers.

Hasn't that been the job of the MSM for the past few years?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The article that was quoted didn't present anything that would make it look like somebody was "ginning up" anything.

Maybe it's more the case that a desperate Vox is trying to gain readers by "ginning up" a story through the use of a misleading headline.....

(From the Vox article): As you’d expect, a few left-wing accounts did react to Burke’s clip with comments like, “Sad. Vince Vaughn is one of my favorites. I always knew he was Republican but this, so gross ... I don’t need a Wedding Crashers sequel anymore.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have to keep pushing false stories if you want your base to remain on edge.

While we all know, a Democrat would never dream of pushing false stories. lol :rolleyes:

And if Dems did do something like this, we are so used to so much worse from them, no one would bat an eye.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At first, I wasn't sure where this thread was going lol.

I thought it was going to say they were mad about Trump chatting with Vaughn and I was gonna say "Isn't Vaughn an open republican supporter???"

Claiming that "the Dems are engaging in manufactured outrage to make them seem petty" (without any substantial evidence for that claim) seems much more par for the course for Fox though...now it makes sense lol.

Seems like they were trying to pretend that it was a "Ellen chatting with Bush 2.0" (where liberals got mad at Ellen) scenario, but it clearly wasn't.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.