Four senators dumped millions in stocks while Capitol Hill was being briefed on the coronavirus thre

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Republicans Richard Burr, Kelly Loeffler and James Inhofe and Democrat Dianne Feinstein collectively offloaded up to $11million in stock between late January and early February, according to records seen by The Daily Beast, New York Times and ProPublica.

Burr, chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee that was directly briefed on coronavirus, sold up to $1.7million in stock including in hotels, according to reporting from ProPublica.

Feinstein, a member of the same committee, sold up to $6million in stock including in a biotech firm.

Loeffler dumped up to $3.1million in investments starting on the day the Senate Health Committee, which she sits on, was briefed by the CDC. Meanwhile James Inhofe sold up to $400,000 in stock including real estate.

Four senators dumped millions in stocks before coronavirus crash | Daily Mail Online

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,253,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
If I had any stocks to dump I would have started dumping them in late January. But alas I had nothing to dump.

But inside trading is a crime. Not to mention the immorality of knowing a crisis is impending and not informing the public until ones fianances are taken care of first.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,253,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
But inside trading is a crime. Not to mention the immorality of knowing a crisis is impending and not informing the public until ones fianances are taken care of first.
Yes, insider trading is a crime. I'm just saying that without insider info I had enough information that if I had stocks I would have been selling at exactly the time they did.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

That wasn't insider trading per se, just a prudent move based on emerging information they happened to be privy to. They did the right thing by preserving monetary wealth that might have evaporated into thin air.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,253,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That wasn't insider trading per se, just a prudent move based on emerging information they happened to be privy to. They did the right thing by preserving monetary wealth that might have evaporated into thin air.
How do we know it wasn't insider trading per se? I said earlier I would have sold stocks if I had them starting in late January, based on what I could expect would escape from Wuhan. But would these particular people have had the smarts to sell based on something other than their committee briefings? If not, they used their position, and I think it would be corruption. But if they had just been attuned to the news, they could have rationally predicted that it would have been a good time to sell at least part of their stocks. That's the question. What was the source of the information they used to make the decision to sell? Until that is known, the fuss is all just circumstantial.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Senator Burr was at a security briefing on February 3rd with Dr. fauci who briefed the Senators on Covid 19. That was February 3rd. After that Burr with no financial background dumped over a million dollars in stock and repeatedly told the media that the US was prepared and there was nothing to worry about.

So as Tucker Carlson said "this former lawn mower salesman somehow suddenly knew more than al the financial experts and suddenly dumped over a million in stock."

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Senator Burr was at a security briefing on February 3rd with Dr. fauci who briefed the Senators on Covid 19. That was February 3rd. After that Burr with no financial background dumped over a million dollars in stock and repeatedly told the media that the US was prepared and there was nothing to worry about.

So as Tucker Carlson said "this former lawn mower salesman somehow suddenly knew more than al the financial experts and suddenly dumped over a million in stock."

You don't need a degree in meteorology to know which way the wind is blowing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,253,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
These four should go to jail. You can sugarcoat it all you want.
A grand Jury and a trial would be nice first.

But then how do we assemble a jury of 12 without going over the ten person limit?

Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0