Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Four Letter Words by Bill Giovannetti

I got this book for free to review from Litfuse, and they say they want my honest opinion.
Oh my.

see my review to find out what they have to say about the book.
Here is what I thought:
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]At first, when I read chapter two of this book, I was highly offended. I thought that this author has just shown Christianity at it's most offensive and he is defending it. He begins Chapter two, titled "True" with this statement: "1. Some ideas are true and some ideas are false." That statement annoyed me. Ideas are opinions, not facts, therefore, they cannot be "true" or "false". The author explains in this chapter why he thinks otherwise. He also goes on to say that "Christians define truth simply: "truth is reality as God sees it." Yet, he quotes John 14:6 on the first page of this chapter, in which Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the life." Jesus did not say that truth is "reality as God sees it". Jesus said that He, Himself is truth. That is not the same as the author's "Christian" definition of truth.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Throughout the book the author defines and describes many different religious and world views and then explains how and why each is one is wrong, and that the Christian viewpoint that he believes in is the one and only true opinion. Each chapter ends with a list of "Talking Points" designed to help young people - I think high school and college age - to express his their the Christian viewpoint that he believes is the one and only correct view. The book is designed to help young Christians to defend the Christian "belief system" as the author defines it.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]After being offended by chapter two, I was prepared to hate the entire book, but I did not. I found the book to be very interesting and thought provoking. I agreed with and enjoyed many of the points that the author makes. I really liked the "Wait" chapter and found some of his information about other religions and beliefs very interesting. There are some things that he shares, however, that I do not agree with. I think that one reason that I did not despise the rest of the book even after finding the beginning premise so offensive, is that while the author clearly believes that his view of God and Christ and religion are the only correct way to believe, he does not seem to be rude and hateful towads those of us who do not agree with every single one of his opinions. [/FONT][/FONT]