Former Abortionist Confirms: Abortion is Not Health Care, “Never Medically Necessary”

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We know that babies go to heaven when they die from the Bible. There is a passage in the Old Testament about David losing his infant son that was a result from having an adulterous relationship with Bathsheba.

2 Samuel 12:22-23 NIV: ...While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The Lord may be gracious to me and let the child live.’ But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.

David nor his infant were not under the New Testament which requires all persons to repent and be baptized. A fetus can't repent nor can it choose to be baptized.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The fetus never repented or was baptized. How can they go to heaven? The only way is through Jesus, right?
If they die before the age of consent they go to Heaven. Everyone is written in the Lambs book of life from the foundation of the world. If they do not go to Heaven it is because their name is blotted out.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yet Christians don’t jump for joy when their or others babies die, odd.

Is a baby's death supposed to be a happy, joyful event? I don't know anyone who is happy about a baby dying, but we can have peace knowing that the child went to heaven, a good place with no evil. Those are two separate feelings.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is a baby's death supposed to be a happy, joyful event?
Why wouldn’t it be if they are assured a place in paradise they may well have missed out had they grown up?

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why wouldn’t it be if they are assured a place in paradise they may well have missed out had they grown up?

Death and assurance of going to heaven are two different things.

If someone you loved died, but you knew they went to heaven, do you think you would only experience happiness and zero sadness?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If someone you loved died, but you knew they went to heaven, do you think you would only experience happiness and zero sadness
Grief would be an absurd reaction to someone I love going to a place so wonderful humans cannot conceive of how wonderful it is. It would be like mourning over a loved one being amazingly successful financially and taking an extended trip they had always wanted to take but being unable to join they for a short time.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If each person can decide what's right and wrong, how is anything right or anything wrong? Right and wrong is a fact. Do facts change?
Oh dear. No, right and wrong are not facts otherwise they would not be subject to opinion. There is no scientific theory of morality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That age varies state to state and country to country, which one are you referring to?
I had an operation when I was 8 and I was falling in a bottomless pit. That was the first of many times I died. In fact, just a week ago I died and was revived. That is why from my own personal experience it is between the age of 8 & 12. While 12 is the usual age. For the "Jewish" people they become a man when they are 13. In some churches, it is the age of 12 when they can join the church and decide to dedicate their lives to God. In the sorry of Mary in the Bible, the girls were expected to get married when they were 12. In the south before the civil war, women were expected to have 4 or 5 children by the time they were 20. Children were often seen as a valuable source of labor on Southern farms and plantations, and having a large family was considered a sign of prosperity and social status.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No kidding. They got a direct ticket to paradise.
Oh yes, I am sure of this. I had a dream about my daughter in Heaven. She never even made it too the womb. I talked to one of her angels that was reading a book I found out was the book of her life that we read about in Psalm 139:16. So even in Heaven they develop the gifts, talents and abilities that God gives us at conception.

Later on, when my daughter found out I was her daughter she was very excited & she told all of her friends and they were very excited for her. They hope that their parents will make it to heaven but a lot of them will not. I believe 1/3 will be saved. Then you add in the Babies which means more than half will be in Heaven.

This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’” Zechariah 13:9. This passage is for the "Jewish", but I believe it applies to the gentiles also.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If each person can decide what's right and wrong, how is anything right or anything wrong? Right and wrong is a fact. Do facts change?
If right and wrong are strictly factual, then you should be able to provide evidence for what makes something right or wrong - evidence that doesn't depend on your opinion, someone else's opinion, or a statement from God (because if it's objectively true, then God wouldn't need to tell us).

There are certainly things that the vast majority of societies accept as wrong (or right), but that doesn't make right and wrong factual - it just means that human beings have broadly similar values, especially when those values are set by collective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Oklahoma must allow abortion if mother’s life is threatened, court rules

Oklahoma’s constitution protects the right to an abortion if “the woman’s physician has determined to a reasonable degree of medical certainty” that continuing “the pregnancy will endanger the woman’s life,” the court’s justices said in Tuesday’s ruling. “Absolute certainty” that the pregnancy will be life-threatening isn’t required, but “mere possibility or speculation” is insufficient, they added.

Previously, the state allowed abortions only in cases of medical emergencies, requiring the patient to “be in actual and present danger in order for her to obtain a medically necessary abortion,” the justices wrote.

The ruling means pregnant people no longer have to wait until “their life is literally on the line” to legally qualify for an abortion, said Khiara M. Bridges, a law professor at the University of California at Berkeley.

With respect to the topic in the OP, note that the case depends on the existence of situations where 'life is literally on the line' and also situations where there is 'reasonable certainty the pregnancy will endanger the woman’s life'. Not that this was really in any doubt.

Upvote 0