Alabama
✟7,652.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am having a hard time forgiving myself for going against my relationship. We have been together for 2 yrs off and on and every time something goes wrong, I lash out by using my body. He is accepting me even when I told him everything. Now, I feel like I am going to die. I need help seriously. Any advice?

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am having a hard time forgiving myself for going against my relationship. We have been together for 2 yrs off and on and every time something goes wrong, I lash out by using my body. He is accepting me even when I told him everything. Now, I feel like I am going to die. I need help seriously. Any advice?

So does Jesus.

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should feel regret when you do wrong against others or God, but you should not condemn or hate yourself for it. God will forgive you, even if it is an area of struggle that you can't easily get rid of with simple will power. Tell God exactly how you feel and pray for a way out. Each day is the first day of the rest of your life, and there is always room for a new start or new perspective.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF Sonia! The only real answer is to get to know Him. Confession is good for the soul. Our Lord is more patient with us than we are. We are not supposed to be ignorant of satan's devices:

notice how when we mess up, we feel isolated from G-d with no way back?
" " " we're hurt, we like to hurt back?
" " guilt and self-pity go together?

Guess where all this comes from !!?!?

So the question becomes, how to overcome. You've heard knowledge is power? You need to recognize these things for what they are, and while you may like the formality of "calling on the Name of the Lord" to save you from these ills, you can actually act in the Name of the Lord and sweep these problems away! I really like Isaiah 12, as it speaks to me of this.

There's also this: that even when we aren't faithful, He is, and cannot deny Himself.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to say, we're all on some kind of road something like this. It may not be physical; Jesus said it doesn't have to be physical to be wrong (as in Matthew 5:17ff)

Many times you do what you've come to be raised to do. There are other ways. They'll take awhile to get used to doing. You'll feel strange, maybe even fearful. It's all part of learning to "be vulnerable". It takes toughness to be vulnerable; it doesn't take much toughness to lash out, everyone feels that anger.

It's important though, that you don't focus so much on your own response that you neglect your responsibility to your friend. You both belong, when you are redeeming one another: when what you do, helps him to sin less; when what he does, helps you to sin less. If your appreciation for him leads you in this way, that's good. Take it to heart, and work on yourself.

But don't think for a second that you need to be "so holy" that you have no emotional reaction; or that you avoid sharing things that would change or improve his walk with the Lord and his truthful, honest relationship with you, as well. Your emotions need to be shared when they're redemptive. There will always be an opportunity to share when the event becomes redemptive.

Upvote 0

soniafwlr

Oct 10, 2010
Alabama
✟7,652.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks Mikey. Everyone, I have had a great breakthrough. I feel much better now. My bf and I are ok now. We have gotten from the issue that lingered. Thank God!!!!! WE ARE OK NOW!!!!!!! SO OVERJOYED!!!!!!! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone!

Upvote 0