New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Forgive Me When I Whine

Today upon a bus, I saw a lovely maid with golden hair; I envied her-she seemed so gay, and how, I wished I were so fair; When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle; she had one foot and wore a crutch, but as she passed, a smile. Oh God, forgive me when I whine, I have two feet-the world is mine.

And when I stopped to buy some sweets, the lad who served me had such charm; he seemed to radiate good cheer, his manner was so kind and warm; I said, "It's nice to deal with you, such courtesy I seldom find"; he turned and said, "Oh, thank you sir." And then I saw that he was blind. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have two eyes, the world is mine.

Then, when walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue; he stood and watched the others play, it seemed he knew not what to do; I stopped a moment, then I said, "Why don't you join the others, dear?" He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he could not hear. Oh God, forgive me when I whine, I have two ears, the world is mine. With feet to take me where I'd go; with eyes to see the sunsets glow, with ears to hear what I would know. I am blessed indeed. The world is mine; oh, God, forgive me when I whine.

Submitted by Richard

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Merulotte said:
Wonderful writing, there. We really do get envious of luxuries when we're lucky to have our essentials... Reading that, I'll keep myself from taking things for granted so much. :)
I'm glad you got the message...:)

Upvote 0

macspetra

Jul 5, 2004
Saskatchewan
✟15,900.00
Faith
Methodist
Elijah_A said:
I've always took all the simple things for granted, thanks for reminding me :)
We do take things for granted and I know that this is a good reminder. We see our world from our point of view and forget how different that is from how others see us or their world. We assume that everyone can walk, see, hear - but many of the times it is us who cannot walk with the Lord, see through GOd's eyes or hear God's word/message - it is then that we are the ones that truly suffer and lose out on the goodness of life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
macspetra said:
We do take things for granted and I know that this is a good reminder. We see our world from our point of view and forget how different that is from how others see us or their world. We assume that everyone can walk, see, hear - but many of the times it is us who cannot walk with the Lord, see through GOd's eyes or hear God's word/message - it is then that we are the ones that truly suffer and lose out on the goodness of life.
Remember, we are not of this world, but we Are in this world. :)

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
blackpurseninja said:
I have been having problems with this lately and have asked the Lord to forgive me. We all go through stressful times and loose sight of all the blessings the Lord has given us...
If you asked for forgiveness, you've been forgiven. Now forgive yourself..:)

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
guitar_gurl07 said:
thank you for that...its very inspiring to not take things for granted!
Looking out my window I see a King Fisher catch a fish and eat it. If God can provide for this bird and know every feather it has, how much more does HE LOVE us..:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums