Forensic evolution.

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then YEC"S are not the problem. Your attitude toward them is.

Could be. How should I put it then when they make straw man arguments that aren't based in any evidence such as "similarity doesn't prove descent. Clocks have hands people have hands but people didn't evolve from clocks" What would you recommend to get through to such people?

Upvote 0

BarryDesborough

Jul 11, 2010
France
✟1,473.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Could be. How should I put it then when they make straw man arguments that aren't based in any evidence such as "similarity doesn't prove descent. Clocks have hands people have hands but people didn't evolve from clocks" What would you recommend to get through to such people?
I'm British. I'd use a cricket bat.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Oh. You need to admit your faults.

Another technique is to say "You are correct!"
Then go on to say what you can agree with.

(I had a long tirade to preach another point but I deleted it.)

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Every polymer is identical. That's what a "mer" is.
It would do you good to brush up on your chemistry before being all arrogant and wrong. The "mer" simply means that these things are made of smaller repeated building blocks. There's nothing about identity there, either within or between polymers. DNA and proteins are perfectly good polymers.

Upvote 0

Cheeky Monkey

Jun 11, 2013
✟16,348.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0