Alphadux

Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
✟7,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I would like to know what unbelievers think about Christians listening and playing rock music.

Over the years rock has gained a reputation of being about sex and drugs. Though rock n' roll has gained more acceptance within society, there still remains that aspect.

Assuming that the unbelievers on this board understand what it means to be part of the world and abstaining from "every appearance of evil", I want to ask this question.

Do you find it hypocritical or strange for Christians to take part in rock music? I don't mean the musicians themselves who may be hypocritial, but simply the concept of a Christian rocking out. What kind of message does that send to you?

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry that I'm not exactly in your "target demographic," but I have to throw my $.02 in.

Over the years rock has gained a reputation of being about sex and drugs. Though rock n' roll has gained more acceptance within society, there still remains that aspect.

Only the worst rock music is about sex and drugs. Yes, some of it is really bad, but that is easily avoidable. All you have to do is not listen to the bad songs. And in the arena of Christian rock....well, the bad stuff isn't even present.

Do you find it hypocritical or strange for Christians to take part in rock music?

I don't think it's strange. :D As a matter of fact, right now I'm listening to The Showdown's cover of "Carry On Wayward Son."

I don't mean the musicians themselves who may be hypocritial, but simply the concept of a Christian rocking out. What kind of message does that send to you?

I have non-Christian friends, and let me tell you that they'd think it was a lot more strange if I refused to listen to any kind of rock music because "I want to avoid the appearance of evil" or whatever.

It's possible to praise God no matter what kind of music you play. Rock music is no exception.

Upvote 0

footprints1973

He is carrying me....
May 27, 2007
Florida
✟16,224.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Lessien....

(I know...I'm a beliver, not your target audience, either.)

Just also wanted to add, for people who think Christians listening to rock and roll is hypocritical, READ PSALM 150!

God Bless,
Laura

Upvote 0