• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

for those who oppose Trump

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟754,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
On grounds related to his legal troubles not other grounds such as not liking his policies

Would you be OK if he won by OK I mean peaceful and the like not that you have to like it.

As in, would I accept the peaceful transition of power--yes. That is a cornerstone of American democracy, without which the very foundation of our republic would crumble.

I believe in the peaceful transition of power.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟754,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
In addendum: My religious convictions are such that I do not believe in the use of violence to attain a desirable end. Christ teaches that I turn the other cheek, love my enemy, bless those who curse me, and pray for those who persecute me.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Christian Forums Staff
Trainee
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟995,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'll never vote for Trump. Not ever. I was never much of a fan in the first place, but how he handled his exit after his first term ices it for me. Honoring the electoral process and respectful and peaceful transfer of power has been one of the hallmarks of American democracy. Until Trump. I believe he is a threat to democracy as we have known it. I can't believe the number of people willing to overlook that.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟228,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, this was more aimed at the claims that if Trump loses there will likely be violence.
But it's Trump himself who says that the most and the loudest.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟169,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But it's Trump himself who says that the most and the loudest.
Usually when a candidate says “I can’t win without you”, they don’t mean “by any means necessary”, though.

Upvote 0