• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

for those who oppose Trump

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No. Nothing Mr Trump has done to America involves anything close to peace. Nothing! Divisive polarization for self-serving benefits is the polar opposite of peace. The man is a destructive, selfish force against any semblance of unity in America. We don't need any of his sycophants anywhere near our levers of power either!

This is coming from a man Mr Trump dubbed "human scum" and "enemy of the people". I can't believe Americans are still mesmerized by this criminal. Why do misguided folks want the arsonist as their fire chief? Seriously? I've never seen such collective willful blindness and ignorance in 55 years of mortal life. And ignorance is being generous, truthfully. It has become far worse than ignorance.

And Yttrium is right. It will be entertaining and interesting to watch our Supreme Court struggle to set these dire precedents relating to Donald Trump's careless regard for our democracy and republic. I am reluctant to believe they are really competent enough to interpret our constitution without political bias.
but then again it is not as if they were all appointed by Trump. Not saying that those who were would certainly rule in his favor, but only that it is not as if they are all Trump's biggest fans or anything.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟209,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On grounds related to his legal troubles not other grounds such as not liking his policies

Would you be OK if he won by OK I mean peaceful and the like not that you have to like it.
You mean will I participate in an insurrection and attempt to overthrow the government by threatening to harm the officials who are in it?

No.

• Agree
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟209,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I would not get violent.
It would cause me to re-consider living in this country if a majority of my fellow Americans vote in favor of Trump (again).
Technically not again as a majority didn’t vote for him the first time, either.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟449,591.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟165,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but then again it is not as if they were all appointed by Trump. Not saying that those who were would certainly rule in his favor, but only that it is not as if they are all Trump's biggest fans or anything.

Right (I think). Which leads us to another glaring problem. Politicians who only cede to Mr Trump's will for political gain. They are untrustworthy and need to be replaced in congress! Tribalism and polarization are our problems, not solutions. Citizens have ceded our own electoral power by allowing politicians to manipulate and exploit tribalism. To our own detriment, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟196,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I have not decided who I am voting for in the primaries other than that it is unlikely to be Trump.
Just keep in mind that Trump is the only person the republicans have running who is most likely to lose to Biden.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just keep in mind that Trump is the only person the republicans have running who is most likely to lose to Biden.
The point was I will only vote for Trump if he is the Republican on the final ticket I do not want him to be on the ballot even through he probably will be.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟321,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder has HE waived his right to a speedy trial because if not it may not matter by election time if he did anything or not. Moreover how would he hide behind the power of office since he could still face impeachment if he behaved in such a way that warranted it the second time in office.
I think he has. Trump is not above trial tricks to get out of a guilty verdict and the following consequences.

Honestly, I would be arming myself and working towards leaving the country if a MAGA GOP is elected. They have made it clear, they don't want the current form of government to exist.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think he has. Trump is not above trial tricks to get out of a guilty verdict and the following consequences.

Honestly, I would be arming myself and working towards leaving the country if a MAGA GOP is elected. They have made it clear, they don't want the current form of government to exist.
Plenty of people are armed already with over 300 million guns, and there are areas of this country where if you break-in might well be the last thing you ever do. As to waiving your right to a speedy trial I am not sure that is a trick ( as often judges will not allow people to stall for the heck of it.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟196,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The point was I will only vote for Trump if he is the Republican on the final ticket I do not want him to be on the ballot even through he probably will be.
You won't vote for him in a primary but will vote for him for president. It makes no sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You won't vote for him in a primary but will vote for him for president. It makes no sense.
I do not want him to be the republican on the ballot, but if he is he has my vote.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟196,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I do not want him to be the republican on the ballot, but if he is he has my vote.
After all the harm he did to this country, he should not get any votes. The republican party has lost its way.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟321,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Plenty of people are armed already with over 300 million guns, and there are areas of this country where if you break-in might well be the last thing you ever do. As to waiving your right to a speedy trial I am not sure that is a trick ( as often judges will not allow people to stall for the heck of it.
Yes, and I want to be able to stand with my neighbors when the government comes for them.

As for the speedy trial, you have to understand that Trump is not thinking the way the rest of us do. He wants to delay it until he is President so he can hide in the office from the consequences.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
After all the harm he did to this country, he should not get any votes. The republican party has lost its way.
There are plenty of people who do not trust democrats and then are plenty who do not trust republicans unless and until we have other viable options it will stay that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, and I want to be able to stand with my neighbors when the government comes for them.

As for the speedy trial, you have to understand that Trump is not thinking the way the rest of us do. He wants to delay it until he is President so he can hide in the office from the consequences.
but judges usually do not allow people to stall just to stall for a reason like that was my point. You cannot just keep avoiding your trial unless there is some reason for it and the "reason" people claim Trump has would not be a reason that would stand up in court.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why not?

You can prefer other Rs over Trump, but still prefer Trump over the incumbent D.
thank you I am far from the only right-leaning person that will only vote for Trump if he is the republican choice, but will not vote for him to start with.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟871,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I guess I'm the flip side of the people you're asking the question of.

I don't like his policies, but his legal troubles don't literally bar him from holding office.

Only the people (and the electoral college) in a free fair election determine the next president. If the people elect a convict, or someone still on trial, or a completely exonerated Trump, so much the worse for them, but I'll be OK with it.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟449,591.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
thank you I am far from the only right-leaning person that will only vote for Trump if he is the republican choice, but will not vote for him to start with.
I think Trump is flat out disqualified by his willingness to upend the republic for his own ends.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Trump is flat out disqualified by his willingness to upend the republic for his own ends.
maybe so but several state courts have ruled otherwise which means unless the supreme court says he is off the ballot he may run and if he does so and he is the republican option I am voting for him because he is likely the only viable option other than the democrat likely Biden and me vote for Biden or any of today's democrats there is a higher chance of it snowing in Tampa than of that happening.

Upvote 0