• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

for those who oppose Trump

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
On grounds related to his legal troubles not other grounds such as not liking his policies

Would you be OK if he won by OK I mean peaceful and the like not that you have to like it.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟321,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. He has way more legal troubles than all the Presidents in my lifetime, and some of them are election-related.

If those trials are completed and he is found not guilty, then I would be a bit OK about it and not like it. But I think he is trying to stretch these out so he can get elected and hide behind the power of the office.

As it stands now, I am not OK with him even running with these cases going.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No. He has way more legal troubles than all the Presidents in my lifetime, and some of them are election-related.

If those trials are completed and he is found not guilty, then I would be a bit OK about it and not like it. But I think he is trying to stretch these out so he can get elected and hide behind the power of the office.

As it stands now, I am not OK with him even running with these cases going.
I wonder has HE waived his right to a speedy trial because if not it may not matter by election time if he did anything or not. Moreover how would he hide behind the power of office since he could still face impeachment if he behaved in such a way that warranted it the second time in office.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟331,526.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I wonder has HE waived his right to a speedy trial because if not it may not matter by election time if he did anything or not. Moreover how would he hide behind the power of office since he could still face impeachment if he behaved in such a way that warranted it the second time in office.
Uh, Trump is doing everything he can to DELAY the trials. Sadly he could hide behind the office because members of his party will not vote to convict no matter how strong the evidence is (with less than a handful of exceptions).

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟196,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
On grounds related to his legal troubles not other grounds such as not liking his policies

Would you be OK if he won by OK I mean peaceful and the like not that you have to like it.
The never-Trump folks were not the ones who tried to stop the fair election when Trump lost. The Trump supporters did.

I am more concerned what the Trump supporters will do when Trump loses again.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The never-Trump folks were not the ones who tried to stop the fair election when Trump lost. The Trump supporters did.

I am more concerned what the Trump supporters will do when Trump loses again.
so you are saying that if he (Trump) were to win you do not see any real problems?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Uh, Trump is doing everything he can to DELAY the trials. Sadly he could hide behind the office because members of his party will not vote to convict no matter how strong the evidence is (with less than a handful of exceptions).
That assumes that his party ( particularly in the senate has the majority.)

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,488,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟271,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
That assumes that his party ( particularly in the senate has the majority.)

It takes 2/3 majority in the Senate to remove an impeached president from office. There is no way Democrats can get to 67 seats in the Senate. I think 62 is the most they can get to if they were to win every single seat that is up for election in 2024. It will take some Republicans to remove Trump.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can you please restate the question?
In other words would you get violent/ Do you think it will get violent? if Trump were to win that is different than saying would you like the outcome of the election.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟257,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

On grounds solely related to his legal troubles, sure, I would have no problem if he won. In fact, it would be very interesting and entertaining to see how the Supreme Court juggles the resulting legal chaos.

I don't oppose him because of his legal issues (or his policies), I oppose him because of his character. If he was found completely innocent of any legal wrongdoing ever, I would still strongly oppose him because of his character.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It takes 2/3 majority in the Senate to remove an impeached president from office. There is no way Democrats can get to 67 seats in the Senate. I think 62 is the most they can get to if they were to win every single seat that is up for election in 2024. It will take some Republicans to remove Trump.
OH OK that makes sense I was thinking 51 for some reason but 66/67 makes more sense.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
On grounds solely related to his legal troubles, sure, I would have no problem if he won. In fact, it would be very interesting and entertaining to see how the Supreme Court juggles the resulting legal chaos.

I don't oppose him because of his legal issues (or his policies), I oppose him because of his character. If he was found completely innocent of any legal wrongdoing ever, I would still strongly oppose him because of his character.
It may or may not take some time for it to make it to the supreme court.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,488,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not from me, and I can't speak for others. Then again who says he will even be the nominee?
Good point though right now it is strongly looking like it ( with the first primaries less than three months away.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟165,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. Nothing Mr Trump has done to America involves anything close to peace. Nothing! Divisive polarization for self-serving benefits is the polar opposite of peace. The man is a destructive, selfish force against any semblance of unity in America. We don't need any of his sycophants anywhere near our levers of power either!

This is coming from a man Mr Trump dubbed "human scum" and "enemy of the people". I can't believe Americans are still mesmerized by this criminal. Why do misguided folks want the arsonist as their fire chief? Seriously? I've never seen such collective willful blindness and ignorance in 55 years of mortal life. And ignorance is being generous, truthfully. It has become far worse than ignorance.

And Yttrium is right. It will be entertaining and interesting to watch our Supreme Court struggle to set these dire precedents relating to Donald Trump's careless regard for our democracy and republic. I am reluctant to believe they are really competent enough to interpret our constitution without political bias.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟257,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
It may or may not take some time for it to make it to the supreme court.
There would be a number of issues going to the Supreme Court. Some would take a while, and others would probably be expedited due to the urgency of the situation.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,159,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Of course, but I would hate it if he won.
I'm hoping that someone else will be able to overtake him before the primaries, such as Haley. I'll be voting for her in primaries.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟930,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course, but I would hate it if he won.
I'm hoping that someone else will be able to overtake him before the primaries, such as Haley. I'll be voting for her in primaries.
I have not decided who I am voting for in the primaries other than that it is unlikely to be Trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0