Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I have the very sad new to tell you....he died this morning in the hospital. He was surrounded by family and loved ones.

He gave me a link well over a year ago to post in the even of his death, and I am deperately searching for it now.

Mods....I am posting this here because this is where Allan spent most of his time, when he came to these boards.

LC

michabo

reason, evidence
Nov 11, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
✟14,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Don't forget the Creation & Evolution forum. He was a blazing light there, too.

I'm... wow. This is very sad. The last I heard of him was about a year ago when he'd left on a whirl-wind romantic adventure. I hope that he packed as much energy into his real life as he did into the times he spent here. He was a remarkeable person. I'm sorry to hear this, and wish the best for his family.

Reactions: AirPo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dragar

Like the root of -1
Jan 27, 2004
✟14,331.00
Faith
Atheist
I'll never forget his amazing posting here. His depth of research and well thought out arguments, often with a great deal of humour in them, showed him to have a brilliant mind.

I'm very saddened by this news. A great loss. He will be missed.
:(

My thoughts are with those who were closest to him.

Upvote 0

ceedaisy

Cee the Encourager
May 12, 2004
Kentucky
✟10,417.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Another fabulous person gone Home. So much suffering lately for everyone.

Liberty, thank you for letting everyone know, even though it is terrible terrible news. And I love the picture.

Father please surround the family with Your Almight Love and Comfort. Bring them closer to each other in this tragic time. Bind the enemy's effort to cast doubts and misery and shine Your Light of Truth upon them. In Jesus' Beautiful name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
which is to this day one of the funniest (and most disturbing) web sites I've ever seen!

He was one of the most thoroughly decent human beings I've ever known.

Of course, my heart goes out to Jessica and to Allen's family -- but personally, this death hits way close to home.

I'm glad that he is no longer suffering -- and I don't know if many of us would have had the courage to put up with the things he had to put up with, e.g. Federal Medicaid which cares more about unborn babies than they do those who are living and dying because of diseases which could be treated (but they decide it's "too espensive"), all of the medical procedures he had to go through, etc.

Personally -- I'm absolutely heartsick about his passing. Allen was a wonderful friend, and someone who I respected immensely.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rochir said:
Who was he and why is his death so special?:scratch:

See my post. Granted, it's a personal response -- but Allen really was a saint in our midst (even if he was an atheist). If I had ten percent of the compassion he showed to others, I would think I had lived my life very well.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I didn't know WinAce very well, but what I did know of him is that he was deeply loved by many people and that he had a very endearing sense of humor. I'm sorry about his untimely death and my condolences go out to all of those who are grieving right now. May he rest in peace.

Michelle

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Rochir said:
Who was he and why is his death so special?:scratch:
Robby said:
He was a long time poster here.

He was that, and much more.

He was smart, ("scary smart," I used to tell him); he had an extremely sharp wit and drier-than-the-Sahara sense of humor.

He was also a poet and a hopeless romantic. I had the rare privilege of watching him fall in love with his Jessica.

He also fought the system, tooth and nail, to try and get his transplant. The system wronged him in the worst way, and now it's too late.

I was there when he had already resigned himself to death. I would try and talk "reason" into him to fight for his life. He never really saw the purpose...until he met Jessica.

Then he worried over whether he should even allow himself to fall in love, given his prognosis w/o that transplant. It wasn't that he was concerned for himself in any way. On the contrary, he worried about bringing a love that couldn't possibly last, into his life. He worried over the hurt it would cause that loved one. I urged him to give it a go. Happily, he did. He and Jess fell head over heels for each other. It also gave him the will to fight for his life, which he did to the best of his ability.

There is so much more I could write, but I need to pull myself together here as I'm at work, and a mess right now.

Was WinAce special? You have no idea......

Reactions: joebudda
Upvote 0