Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, it was just a question that popped into my head. Although, if they're in the 'legitimate' inappropriate content industry, then they're checked every month and should be rather on top of their status...although there is an incubation period, I suppose, in some cases.

Anyway, like I said, it was just a silly question. Like the lady who sued Mcdonald's when she spilled her coffee on herself. People are lawsuit-happy these days. Is it so outrageous to think that someone might try to see how much money they could get out of a settlement?

Upvote 0

Zoot

Omnis Obstat
Sep 7, 2003
State Highway One
Visit site
✟28,710.00
Faith
Buddhist
So, hypothetically, if a "civilian" (for lack of a better word) was to be infected by a inappropriate content star who contracted the disease during work, could they sue the industry??

Well, not "the industry", but the specific employer, possibly. Let's say a friend of mine is a microbiology research scientist, working on vaccines for the mumps. The company's protocols are flawed and he ends up contracting the mumps, and then passes them on to me. I get sick, get better, but find that I'm now sterile, and can't have kids.

I'd like to think I could at least demand some kind of compensation.

Upvote 0

noodles

Apr 5, 2004
Texas
✟202.00
Faith
Agnostic
Yes it would be pretty futile to try to sue over something like this. If you sleep with someone, anyone, you know the risks. They are implied, no matter who you're sleeping with. And if you sleep with a inappropriate content star, then you are really taking some risks. Even with precautions, would you want to risk sleeping with somebody who you knew slept with at least one different person every week?

Not me, thanks very much. :)

Upvote 0

MediocrityInAction

Anti-Humanist
Dec 16, 2003
✟1,137.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
As far as I know, there have been a number of convictions for infection with AIDS/HIV. In each case they were criminal rather than civil cases where an individual had knowingly continued having unprotected sex in the full knowledge that he was positive, without informing his sexual partners.

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
does anyone know the frequency of incidence of hiv in the general population compared to its frequency in the inappropriate content industry? i would think this would need to be answered before we even know if there is an issue here to be discussed.
as a christian, the ultimate harm of inappropriate contentography is not to the body but to the soul. it deadens our understanding of the humanity of each individual and lowers the perception of all of us to our animal nature and eliminates the vision of us as being made in God's image.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
From what I 'heard', not everyone who uses inappropriate content becomes a serial killer, or rapist. But every single rapists or serial killer uses inappropriate content on a regular bases.
My Pastor told the church that, he got it from whatever orginization that investigates these crimes, I think its the FBI.

Upvote 0

draper

Perspicacious Poster
Jul 5, 2003
Toronto, Canada
✟20,634.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
CA-Others
Ampmonster said:
what about the affect on those who are addicted to, not just enjoy, addicted to inappropriate contentography? you think their interaction with real life people is the same after years of fantasies?
People who WATCH inappropriate content and people who are ADDICTED to inappropriate content are two completely different things, really.

Saying inappropriate content is wrong because some are addicted is like saying alcohol is wrong because some are addicted to it.

As for the fantasy/real life part, I think people need to be able to stop watching inappropriate content when it starts hurting their itneraction with 'real people' and when they can't do that get the necessary help.

Upvote 0

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
SUNSTONE said:
But every single rapists or serial killer uses inappropriate content on a regular bases.
My Pastor told the church that, he got it from whatever orginization that investigates these crimes, I think its the FBI.

i'd like a link to that. don't always believe everything everyone tells you (including pastors.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
SUNSTONE said:
From what I 'heard', not everyone who uses inappropriate content becomes a serial killer, or rapist.
Does this come as a surprise to you?
But every single rapists or serial killer uses inappropriate content on a regular bases.
And what ought we conclude from this? That inappropriate content is the proverbial back-breaking straw? That without inappropriate content, serial killers would remain just this side of rampaging?

Upvote 0

MediocrityInAction

Anti-Humanist
Dec 16, 2003
✟1,137.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
SUNSTONE said:
From what I 'heard', not everyone who uses inappropriate content becomes a serial killer, or rapist. But every single rapists or serial killer uses inappropriate content on a regular bases.
Profiling by law agencies is often flawed, either due to an honest mistake, or due to bias on the part of those who assemble the report. Anybody remember Patricia Pulling, who various law enforcement agencies used as a consultant?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
IMO - b/c I think this thread has gotten ugly is that inappropriate content, just like alcohol, drugs etc. can be dangerous to an ADDICT. People who drink in moderation and are not alcoholics can handle booze. I look at it the same way with inappropriate content. I'm not familiar with the inappropriate content industry and the use of condoms etc. since it's not allowed in my home but I don't have a problem with people who want to use it to spice things up - it's their personal business. As far as serial rapists and killers etc. that have been mentioned, well, I've heard stories that video games made them that way, so I guess anything in today's society can be considered dangerous these days. Just my .02 ;)

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
for those who are christians here, i guess the bottom line is, if Jesus was over for dinner and a movie, is the inappropriate content flick the one you would throw in the dvd player? if not, then it is wrong for you.
for the rest, we will never outlaw it under our constitution and maintain any intellectual integrity at all. moral wrong or right is really irrelevant in regard to the law. it is protected free speech.
personally, i think it is crushing us, along with the mainstream media pushing the envelope of nudity in every medium (magazines, tv, movies, etc). have you walked by a magazine rack at your supermarket lately? what are we telling our kids? what are we telling each other? i'm not a prude (really!) but man! is it all we have to motivate people? sex sells. that's truth. but maybe selling shouldn't be everything. money has become the true "american idol". and that is the root of all evil. the love, no, the worshiping of money. because of it, there is no moral base that we will all willingly follow without the constrictions of law, and our law does not support the constrictions.
that is fine for the non believers. but the believer has to ask themselves, would you invite Christ to a screening of "debbie does dallas"? we have a higher law to consider.

yours in Christ

Reactions: praying
Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
ThePhoenix said:
I can also state, with absolute certainty that every serial killer and rapist has eaten bread. [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]! BAN THE BREAD!!!

Serial killers are sexual predators, and they all use inappropriate contentography, is that a reason to ban it, no but it is a fact.

Upvote 0

Firscherscherling

Liberal Filthy Hairless Pig-Monkey
Apr 9, 2003
✟3,271.00
Faith
Atheist
reverend B said:
for those who are christians here, i guess the bottom line is, if Jesus was over for dinner and a movie, is the inappropriate content flick the one you would throw in the dvd player? if not, then it is wrong for you.
for the rest, we will never outlaw it under our constitution and maintain any intellectual integrity at all. moral wrong or right is really irrelevant in regard to the law. it is protected free speech.
personally, i think it is crushing us, along with the mainstream media pushing the envelope of nudity in every medium (magazines, tv, movies, etc). have you walked by a magazine rack at your supermarket lately? what are we telling our kids? what are we telling each other? i'm not a prude (really!) but man! is it all we have to motivate people? sex sells. that's truth. but maybe selling shouldn't be everything. money has become the true "american idol". and that is the root of all evil. the love, no, the worshiping of money. because of it, there is no moral base that we will all willingly follow without the constrictions of law, and our law does not support the constrictions.
that is fine for the non believers. but the believer has to ask themselves, would you invite Christ to a screening of "debbie does dallas"? we have a higher law to consider.

yours in Christ

Hmm, if Jesus was over I would't sit in front of the TV in my underwear and eat leftovers, but that doesn't mean its bad for me. And what movie would be appropriate to screen for him is an excellent question. The Passion comes to mind. I'm sure we would laugh and laugh at how this or that really didn't happen this way or that way.

But seriously, one cannot judge right and wrong based on what is polite to do with company and what is not. I do lots of things that I wouldn't do with company.

And my kids don't notice or care about the magazine covers in the supermarket. I often see where people complain and have the market put something up in front of Cosmo to hide the cleavage. Now, I bet the kid of that parent noticed the breasts on the magazines from then on. Must be important if it makes mom and dad freak out.

Upvote 0