Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Christ is born!
Glorify Him!
I am wondering about people who look here for information. Does anyone ask questions about Orthodoxy? I just wonder...

I came to christianforums as a tongue-talking pentecostal in mid 2004. I encountered some Orthodox people here so I came to TAW asking questions, which led me to contact the nearest Orthodox priest. My wife and I were received into the Church this past Holy Saturday. There are several others who discovered Orthodoxy here at christianforums.

Upvote 0

MessianicMuslim

Dec 12, 2006
✟15,301.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
what do these terms means:
14) For a longer and more difficult journey, ask a priest to sing a Moleben, failing that, at home say the troparion and kontakion for a journey.

15) If there is a possibility of future trouble of any kind, either for yourself or for someone you care for, say an Akathist to the Mother of God.

And what do you mean by Mother of G-d?

Upvote 0

Emmanuel-A

Cedant arma togae, concedat laurea linguae
Mar 11, 2005
Paris
✟10,084.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A Moleben is a short service in which you pray for someone who is alive.
Troparion and Kondakions are basically short hymns that summarize the feast celebrated the day they're sung.
An akathist (this word comes from a greek verb that means "not to seat") is a prayer or an hymn that you sing while standing. The most famous one is the one to the Mother of God.
What do we mean by Mother of God ? We refer to the Virgin Mary.
Since Jesus-Christ is fully human and fully God, and that his human nature and his Divine nature are perfectly united in one person, we call his Mother the Mother of God. To deny her such a title would challenge the perfect unity of Jesus Christ's person, thus compromizing our salvation, since we believe that our salvation comes from the fact that Jesus-Christ (who is God)fully embraced our human nature.
However, this title does not mean that she was not a creature. She was human and created by God, just like all of us.
I hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: Via Cassian
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.