For the first 400 years of Christianity, St. Joseph was not portrayed in art. That has changed...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My relationship with St. Joseph was relatively slow to develop. I hadn’t singled him out in my devotional life until two of my sons-in-law undertook a special devotion to Joseph, in the course of which they alerted me to this prayer:

joseph-reni-web.jpg

“O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of fathers.“O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen.”
[more information]

After that, my wife and I began saying this prayer each evening before we began our Rosary. It seems a fitting framework for approaching the woman and child he protected so well during his lifetime here on earth.

Continued below.
Arriving at St. Joseph