Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I still love the holy silence of Quakerism. What I don't love is people who insist that whatever thought pops into their head is from the Lord.
I found out my dad who passed away was Quaker a couple of years ago.

My Grandma before she passed said that Quaker Friends do not always believe that what ever crosses their minds is from God though. It is a discernment process.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I still love the holy silence of Quakerism. What I don't love is people who insist that whatever thought pops into their head is from the Lord.

I couldn't be a Quaker in that regard. Being able to speak what comes to your mind, especially now that the Rangers and Knicks are in the playoffs?

"Hello, brothers & sisters, I need to get this off my chest: what is Tortorella thinking? Why is this Italian dummy still employed by the Rangers? I mean, does he really not know the game has changed to such a degree that the dump and chase, having your defenders stay too far back is becoming a detriment?

What...what is Woodson thinking? Having Carmelo and JR out there shooting bricks and not benching them? Is he really that inept of a coach to know when a player needs to be benched? What's with it and his stupefied look whenever things aren't going our way?

5 minutes later...

"I don't need this. I don't need these heart palpitations, headaches, stress! I know this is a cosmic balancing issue done by God; to prevent NY from winning more titles because of the Yankees. Why can't God see that I am not a Yankees fan! Screw the Yankees! There are New Yorkers who can't stand them. God, WHY?!"

5 minutes later...

"AND COUGHLIN THOUGHT AN INJURED NICKS AND BRADSHAW WOULD BE MORE BENEFICIAL TO THE TEAM?! HE'S OUT OF HIS MIND! OR HIM PUTTING IN TURNSTILE DIEHL AND HIS SON-LAW SNEE! PLACING IN BROKEN DOWN VETERANS AND NOT ENTRUSTING HIS ROOKIES."

5 minutes later...

*Heavy sobbing*

"God! I hate the Yankees!"

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I couldn't be a Quaker in that regard. Being able to speak what comes to your mind, especially now that the Rangers and Knicks are in the playoffs?

"Hello, brothers & sisters, I need to get this off my chest: what is Tortorella thinking? Why is this Italian dummy still employed by the Rangers? I mean, does he really not know the game has changed to such a degree that the dump and chase, having your defenders stay too far back is becoming a detriment?

What...what is Woodson thinking? Having Carmelo and JR out there shooting bricks and not benching them? Is he really that inept of a coach to know when a player needs to be benched? What's with it and his stupefied look whenever things aren't going our way?

5 minutes later...

"I don't need this. I don't need these heart palpitations, headaches, stress! I know this is a cosmic balancing issue done by God; to prevent NY from winning more titles because of the Yankees. Why can't God see that I am not a Yankees fan! Screw the Yankees! There are New Yorkers who can't stand them. God, WHY?!"

5 minutes later...

"AND COUGHLIN THOUGHT AN INJURED NICKS AND BRADSHAW WOULD BE MORE BENEFICIAL TO THE TEAM?! HE'S OUT OF HIS MIND! OR HIM PUTTING IN TURNSTILE DIEHL AND HIS SON-LAW SNEE! PLACING IN BROKEN DOWN VETERANS AND NOT ENTRUSTING HIS ROOKIES."

5 minutes later...

*Heavy sobbing*

"God! I hate the Yankees!"

^_^

Upvote 0